Quantcast
HI, Good day guys! - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: HI, Good day guys!

Default HI, Good day guys!

I am a newcomer from China, will landing Edmonton in 19 Jan., 2005.
    I wish i could to get a job in Oil Field don't care what it is, but i haven't any license about it.
    In the mean time, I wish i could to attend some train course before i enter the Oil Field.
    I am very appreciate to you give me any information about the Oil Field job or some programs in Edmonton or Calgary.
    Best Regards!

My msn: [email protected]

Last edited by LemonTree; 12-05-2004 at 12:32 AM.

My Ride
    1998 Mercedes Benz SL500/2000 Grand Cherokee V8

Required:
    -H2S
    -First Aid/CPR
    Suggested:
    -Petroleum Industry Training's Entry level lease/floorhand course... costs $1000 and you should have work upon completion.

My Ride
    Wristshots

welcome to canada and welcome to beyond. u could go to a place in edmonton called NAIT, they have a 2 year petroleum engineering diploma program.

Thanks texas!
    It's very wonderful!
    Yes, I think the floorhand maybe very suitable for me. Would you kindly give me more detail explain? I am very interesting how to contact with them.

But your image is very terrible!
    Last edited by LemonTree; 12-03-2004 at 06:56 PM.

Thanks for you, statick
    Would you please kindly tell me how much the fee to entrance the NAIT, and how i can contact with then, is there any Website?
    Best Regards!

My Ride
    GMC : S15 sierra clasic (2.8), Jimmy SLT (4.3)

make sure you take an H2S ALIVE course, that would be the required course for it, also its good to have

-confined space entry
    -WHMIS

hit the gym too, its a whole lot easier to work the oil field when your in good shape and have mass to you. im a fairly small guy and when i have to move a pipe thats 13 meters long and at 53 lbs per foot you have a difficult time, even at 23 lbs per foot you get tired, so best advice is build lots of muscle

when cut open, the rambutan unfortunately fails miserably to deviate from its outwardly testicular appearance, revealing an inside that looks for all the world exactly how you'd expect the contents of a scrotum to look.

My Ride

also since your comming here for the oil field get some warm clothes ( if you make it in man, good luck, pretty sure you will)

helly hanson "POLY PRO" is some of the warmest stuff you can pick up, carhart work clothing from marks work warehouse (and where ever else you can get it) is also great for keeping warm and can take the abuse.

baffin technology boots are good and warm and "hot chilli's " socks are amazing... green gorilla gloves are good to have and damn near every roughneck has them.

keep a touque on hand at all times and if you work for EXXON mobile DO NOT wear a hoodie, as hoodies are banned.

just remember to keep warm, even though your working constantly you can get cold and last year it was freezing. stay warm man.

when cut open, the rambutan unfortunately fails miserably to deviate from its outwardly testicular appearance, revealing an inside that looks for all the world exactly how you'd expect the contents of a scrotum to look.

You are a good man, Rockski!

You give me so many information above so detail.
    Last edited by LemonTree; 12-04-2004 at 12:36 AM.

However,
    Some friends advice me should to Take the course for Truck Driven, Because they think fairly samll guy like me isn't fit to work in Oil Field.
    Another reason is that I have the license to drive car, it is easy to study drive truck for my 5 years driven experience.

And more, they said the Truck Driven would more easy to get job than in Oil Field, and they said the truck driven could earn money too.

So, I haven't make my last decision.
    I am a computer engineer in China, But know, I should to exchange my professional job since my english level is low.

Before i improve my English, i should get a job to support my family.
    I like the Truck Driven job too.
    Who Could give me any information about it?
    Thanks very much!
    Yours truly
    Last edited by LemonTree; 12-04-2004 at 12:39 AM.

My Ride

if you want to be with your family you shouldnt work as a trucker or an oil field worker, truck drivers (at least the one i live with) are home once or twice a month for a couple days, rig workers, if your with a drilling company are away for 2 weeks and home for one, and then away for 2 again. if you wanna be a trucker, its a good idea to get yourTDG (transportation of Dangerous Goods) and get ready to have a hard time with the snowy roads

Yes, you are right Rockski.

I think these job maybe isn't very good,
    so i think it is easy to get because this.
    In the meantime, I like challenging job.

My Ride
    Turbos n Stuff™

perhapse look into some staffing companies. Obviously you have some computer skills, so why not get into a data entry job or something until you have more fluent english.

I'm sure you'd be able to find a good computer or similar style job.
    Travel

Thank you very much, Ben.
    you give me another choice i have considerd it.
    perhapse your idea is good and suit for me.
    I think the data entry isn't very help to improve my english, there are little chance to talk each other, itn't it?
    On the other hand, the data entry's money is more little than trucker, i am afraid it can't support my family.
    Thank you arouse my courage, it let me rethinking my professional job.