Quantcast
Honda's popularity is declining amongt youths - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Honda's popularity is declining amongt youths

My Ride
    400whp MR2 - An Italian and a couple of Germans

Default Honda's popularity is declining amongt youths

I dont want this thread to turn into a honda bash but I was reading in todays automotive news that honda sales mainly their civic is dropping dramatically. Apparently people involved with customizing and individualizing their rides are becoming aware that you arent very individual if you have the same car as 1 million other people.
    At a recent drift event the crowd bood when they heard the word honda over the loudspeaker. Brands like Scion and Mazda are now starting to lead in sport compact sales.
    I wish we had Scion here.
    Looking for a new VW? How about a used vehicle? We are Central Albertas #1 source for pre-owned vehicles
    I will beat any deal on a new VW for beyonders

Gary Moe Volkswagen/Gary Moe Used Car Superstore!

Red Deer, AB

My Ride
    94' Terd

The 240sx has bascially become today's civic, nobody wants vtec anymore they want turbo and crazy camber. Plus FR/MR owns.

No place to go but go down really, it's been so insanely popular with the import crowd.

My Ride
    335i

I agree with that article. The last good honda died when they discontinued the Prelude and Integra. They were the only ones I truly liked, and they were both affordable. Today, I have the option of the civic, which isn't going to happen, and the RSX, which is not cheap.

Notwithstanding cost, I still can't think of any reason to buy a new entry level honda over an SRT-4 or Mazda 6 and the like.
    Original Post NAZI Moderated

Originally posted by r3cc0s
    Felon or Mistermeiner

My Ride
    bus

Originally posted by Weapon_R
    I agree with that article. The last good honda died when they discontinued the Prelude and Integra. They were the only ones I truly liked, and they were both affordable. Today, I have the option of the civic, which isn't going to happen, and the RSX, which is not cheap.

Notwithstanding cost, I still can't think of any reason to buy a new entry level honda over an SRT-4 or Mazda 6 and the like.

My Ride
    RX300

Default Re: Honda's popularity is declining amongt youths

Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2

I wish we had Scion here.
    i agree!! i want me self a nice tC
    trying is the first step towards failure

My Ride
    FJC, S30

Default Re: Re: Honda's popularity is declining amongt youths

Originally posted by saiyajin

i agree!! i want me self a nice tC
    hell yea that thing is freakin hot man.

also i guess with the newer cars like the sentra ser, subaru impreza, mistu ralliart, mazda 3, srt-4, etc. that the civics dont really compare to them in price and value.

plus i swear the horsepower battle is about to begin lol
    Submaker.Illest.

Now that nissan scion and mazda are becoming more popular, What is unique in the same class of car.

My Ride
    M5 Competition

Eventually you will all come to reason that Domestic is the only way to go

Faster, more powerful, stronger :::insert bionic man music:::

My Ride
    V167

^nope...seems like all the honda peepz are learning about the advantages of something we call german engineering

german for life bishes

Originally posted by nismodrifter
    ^nope...seems like all the honda peepz are learning about the advantages of something we call german engineering

german for life bishes
    exactly...everyone knows that german engineering is where it is at......honda, toyota, mazda, none of that will even come close to the engineering of a benz

My Ride
    turbo 01 accord, yamaha FZ6

Hondas have their place, but i think finally people are realizing that they aren't as fast as some of the other offerings out there. I agree with Weapon_R that when they discontinued the Integra and Prelude that was basically the end of the performance capable budget hondas. Still, I like the accords up to 2002, but then the big H fucked up again making it big and ugly. Nice motor in the V6, but still, big and ugly.

IMO, subaru is where it's at for a bunch of reasons. You get AWD, turbo, and the "rally" image that you can't get from a honda. That all being said, i love my accord because not as many ricer kids mod them as they do civics and all models thereof.

I also think that the sales of civics to the young crowd is dying because honda has gone the wrong way with the car. They have gotten rid of the B series which was what made the cars as good as they were. most of the new ones are SOHC VTEC or no VTEC at all. and we all know that a honda without VTEC or boost just doesn't have the factor.

My Ride
    Bunch of Honda's

yup... honda is catoring to soccer moms that gotta go pick up their kids and shit... they dont care if they sell some civic to some punk kid.

with that said... i love my car

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

Originally posted by Carfanman
    Now that nissan scion and mazda are becoming more popular, What is unique in the same class of car.
    STi, Evo 8, SRT-4, etc...

Originally posted by jaysas_63

exactly...everyone knows that german engineering is where it is at......honda, toyota, mazda, none of that will even come close to the engineering of a benz
    funny, I am pretty sure that MB quality is so low now, that it isn't even rated. They have been producing some lemons lately. I think that Toyota (Lexus) is one of, if not the best engineered cars out there.

My Ride
    2002 BMW 325Ci

My Ride
    335i

Originally posted by benyl

funny, I am pretty sure that MB quality is so low now, that it isn't even rated. They have been producing some lemons lately. I think that Toyota (Lexus) is one of, if not the best engineered cars out there.
    MB has a long way to go to catch up to the Japanese manufacturers in terms of reliability. The selling factor for MB is the luxury aspect.
    Original Post NAZI Moderated

Originally posted by r3cc0s
    Felon or Mistermeiner

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

Agreed, you can't beat the interior and ride of a MB, BMW or Audi.

They are however by no mean unique. Seems like everyone and their dogs has a 3 series now.

My Ride
    Germanrific - 1/4/5/6/A/C/E/R

Originally posted by benyl
    Agreed, you can't beat the interior and ride of a MB, BMW or Audi.

They are however by no mean unique. Seems like everyone and their dogs has a 3 series now.
    not new news! i swear "everyone and their dogs" have had 3 series forever!..to me it's been "continuously" popular

My Ride
    400whp MR2 - An Italian and a couple of Germans

Originally posted by t-im

not new news! i swear "everyone and their dogs" have had 3 series forever!..to me it's been "continuously" popular
    What has increased 3 series sales is all the crazy incentives and finance rates that were/are being offered. Theyre a great car none the less. Move to red deer you hardly see any there
    Looking for a new VW? How about a used vehicle? We are Central Albertas #1 source for pre-owned vehicles
    I will beat any deal on a new VW for beyonders

Gary Moe Volkswagen/Gary Moe Used Car Superstore!

Red Deer, AB

I agree MB/BMW/AUDI have been declining in terms of reliability, but they are working hard to remedy it now...the thing is, people will ALWAYS want to buy them, Lexus and Infiniti have to offer more to keep their clients from going german, it's a harsh truth.

The thing about Mercede Benz (and BMW to a slightly lesser degree) is that it is always an innovator and Lexus and Infiniti just improve on the idea to gain better relialbility (a price you pay to be leading edge i guess). Take for example keyless go, active headlights developed for the SLR concept 4 or 5 yrs ago(modern ones not the relics) SLS (self leveling susp) of the late 80s, airbags, ABS etc all MB firsts, xenon lamps etc...Germans have always been on the forefront, and the Japanese Lux brands only have to improve them.

It's not to say that Lex/Infiniti don't make great products because they do, and as a matter of fact, I had a discussion with the owner of all 9 hyatt auto dealers at a party this weekend and he said bang for buck the best car out there is the G35 coupe. For sheer presence, MB (he doesn't own a BMW dealership though yet haha) takes the cake...that is about as un-biased as it gets IMO

Until the Luxo Japanese makers can make an interior and command status like the 3 Krautmobiles, it'll always be half a step behind...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast