Quantcast
Allstate hate's my car - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Allstate hate's my car

My Ride
    Pherrari, Protege

Thumbs down Allstate hate's my car

OK, so these people at Allstate called me back in like August saying that they discovered information that lead them to believe that my car "is not legal for the street and it is a race car." The letter stated that my coverage would end as of January 05. I called and inquired about the letter and they said "come on down so we can take pictures and you can show us you car is legal". I drove down there and, they took about 80 pics, and said we'll let you know.

Its been 5 months now and I never got a call. So I called them back yesterday and finally spoke with 'the guy in charge of making the decision'. He said "If I remember correctly, you came down here and you refused us to take pictures of it." I talked with him for about an hour, I wished I could have climbed through the phone and strangled the shit out of him though. They apparently 'lost' all of the pictures and then claimed they were never taken. Here's the list they gave me, of the things that qualify my car as a 'race only' car:

1. K&N filter
    2. toggle switch (even though they know the switch toggle my alpine sub in the back)
    3. My car is a Ferrari and not a Ferio

He literally said I was lying to him because I had my car listed as a Fiero and he seems to believe that my car is an actual 308 . I explained it was a kit car, nothing more than a v6 fiero, I popped the hood and he said 'yes the 308 is indeed a v6 my friends got one' . If you want coverage, its 12, 000/year.

They didnt care about anything else. These guys are not car smart one bit. My mom and wife know more about cars than them and it sucks being 'labeled' and cancelled by retards like this. Ohh well, if they dont want my business, then I'll give my money to someone else.

My Ride
    1999 nike

i hear ya!
    my wife just got a new car and in turn got new insurance they quoted 160 per month and then decided to take 240 out of her acount, she has called the broker twice a day leaving messages for almost 3 weeks! and the B!itch won't return her calls!!!!

i can't believe that some businesses can operate like this.
    can u imagine if every other business practiced what they do!
    I don't own a car i just rent one on my days off and send the bill to my boss. hahaha

My Ride
    335i

I don't agree with you at all. Your car may not be a real 308, but there is no denying the fact that you:

a) do not drive a "Fiero".
    b) have invested and expect to claim a considerable amount more than the $1500 that a Fiero is actually worth in the case of an accident.
    c) pose a serious risk to any insurance company and fellow driver through the structural and esthetic modification of your vehicle to such an extent that you can no longer claim a free ride by claiming your vehicle is "but a fiero".

I think your vehicle looks fantastic, and it would be awesome to own. But I cannot fathom why you would claim to the guy that you have a "V6 Fiero" when your car is clearly no longer a fiero. I have no doubt in my mind that the chassis, interior, and exterior have received EXTENSIVE modification to accomodate your new body. That is great, but you should seek a different type of insurance company if you want to insure your vehicle - one that caters to modified, exotic, and kit cars.

Keep us updated, however. It will be interesting to know where and how you insure the vehicle.
    Original Post NAZI Moderated

Originally posted by r3cc0s
    Felon or Mistermeiner

Originally posted by Weapon_R
    I don't agree with you at all. Your car may not be a real 308, but there is no denying the fact that you:

a) do not drive a "Fiero".
    b) have invested and expect to claim a considerable amount more than the $1500 that a Fiero is actually worth in the case of an accident.
    c) pose a serious risk to any insurance company and fellow driver through the structural and esthetic modification of your vehicle to such an extent that you can no longer claim a free ride by claiming your vehicle is "but a fiero".

I think your vehicle looks fantastic, and it would be awesome to own. But I cannot fathom why you would claim to the guy that you have a "V6 Fiero" when your car is clearly no longer a fiero. I have no doubt in my mind that the chassis, interior, and exterior have received EXTENSIVE modification to accomodate your new body. That is great, but you should seek a different type of insurance company if you want to insure your vehicle - one that caters to modified, exotic, and kit cars.

Keep us updated, however. It will be interesting to know where and how you insure the vehicle.

Very Well Said. And your correct

My Ride
    87 iroc-z, 98 camaro ss, 04 civic lx, 96 esi

The kit for the Fiero is about 4, 000 dollars 12k a year for a non-ferrari car is crazy. Not to mention this dude is like 40 years old.

The car is worth like 10 grand and I know because they were selling a replica at ZR for 14, 000. He should be getting regular insurance. I bet he's repairing that Fiero everyday because its so old and falls apart. 12k is a waste of money on a car that I doubt he drives everyday.