Quantcast
Health Club Memberships and Credit - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Health Club Memberships and Credit

Default Health Club Memberships and Credit

hmmm..
    can health clubs damage your credit if you choose not to pay it?

My Ride
    02 Accord

YEa, cause you sign a contract right

But I got tricked into a contract.
    I specifically asked what membership plan to go on if I wanted to have the $95 buy out and he wrote it out on his paper and got me on a year because he ensured that I could get out of the contract.
    I also paid an unfront fee to get this 'buy out' instead of signing on free.
    When I tried to buy it out they said I had to pay for each remaining month which amounts to over half a grand.
    Thing is that the guy I talked to is the manager at a location so I'm SOL.
    Another consultant/manager at another location said that the manager who initially signed me on had spoken too soon because the plan for the "$95 buy out on a one year membership" was in the works but they decided to toss it. I talked to that manager to explain how I got lied to and she basically said I was SOL.
    So I was essentially lied to and told something that wasn't true and sold a membership that didn't exist and I don't remember a credit check being ran against me.

My Ride
    02 Accord

ohhh well if you signed a year, you do have to pay every month for that year, I would think... Why quit anyway... I'm sure you have a smoking body, dont u wanna keep it?

Originally posted by EnRich
    ohhh well if you signed a year, you do have to pay every month for that year, I would think... Why quit anyway... I'm sure you have a smoking body, dont u wanna keep it?
    But the fact was that he LIED. Why would I choose to pay an unfront fee if I could get it for free? You can't just go around and sell a plan that your company is discussing but hasn't put into the works yet.
    I signed onto the plan because the gym was near my house and just a short drive down and there was a pool that I could swim at in the summer.
    I moved downtown and the closest location to my house looks like ass and has no pool.
    I tried to cancel but to no avail.
    I don't remember them running a credit check on me though.

let me guess...world health club?

Originally posted by SikAssR1
    let me guess...world health club?
    ya
    u got scammed as well?

My Ride
    400whp MR2 - An Italian and a couple of Germans

I know in the states anything and everything can be reported to your bureau. Credit laws are a little different however in Canada. Do you have a copy of the gym contract? Does it state that you have given them full access to your credit and financial info? Did you give them you SIN? If the answer is yes to this then they may have the ability to report your delinquent payments to your bureau. What sucks even worse is that Im sure they may even go as far as to hrring a collections agency to hound you until you pay and they would be the ones reporting your defaults. It sucks that you got sucked into the contract but you still signed it and thats all that is needed. IMO the only contracts that should be signed are automotive, realestate or credit related contracts. Stay away from all those cell phone, rent to own and gym contracts. Another thing you can do to confirm the gyms possible actions is to email the credit bureau. Visit www.equifax.ca and drop them a line. I know that they will not accept just anyone to report on a bureau. Good luck
    Looking for a new VW? How about a used vehicle? We are Central Albertas #1 source for pre-owned vehicles
    I will beat any deal on a new VW for beyonders

Gary Moe Volkswagen/Gary Moe Used Car Superstore!

Red Deer, AB

Originally posted by CuteAsianAngel

ya
    u got scammed as well?
    they are fuckers there... the whole club is a huge scam. when i started going there i paid the same 100 dollar thign as you did.. some chick signed me up.. about two months later some manager called me and asked me to bring in my bank information because my payments were late.. i already gave it to the chick .. so this guys trying to chrage me again.. i end up having to pay late payments .. such bullshit.. it all works out though cause i go for free now
    hottie asain girl come to my world health its free for sexy ladies like you ahaha

I knew a girl who worked there for a brief time, she quit because her manager was giving her grief that she wasn't "enrolling" enough new members. They get paid mainly on commision from what she told me. Thats why they push so hard when you go in for a "free trial" and you have to talk to a "fitness consultant" before or after your workout. I recently cancelled my membership there, when I did they basically promised me a bunch of crap but I declined. It sucks what happened to you, if it doesnt say anything about a early buy out on the contract you may be SOL.

Originally posted by SikAssR1
    I knew a girl who worked there for a brief time, she quit because her manager was giving her grief that she wasn't "enrolling" enough new members. They get paid mainly on commision from what she told me. Thats why they push so hard when you go in for a "free trial" and you have to talk to a "fitness consultant" before or after your workout. I recently cancelled my membership there, when I did they basically promised me a bunch of crap but I declined. It sucks what happened to you, if it doesnt say anything about a early buy out on the contract you may be SOL.
    It doesn't say anything about a buy out on my contract.
    I just know I specifically asked several times about the buy out just because I'm iffy about contracts.

How did you cancel your contract?

Originally posted by tsi.psi

they are fuckers there... the whole club is a huge scam. when i started going there i paid the same 100 dollar thign as you did.. some chick signed me up.. about two months later some manager called me and asked me to bring in my bank information because my payments were late.. i already gave it to the chick .. so this guys trying to chrage me again.. i end up having to pay late payments .. such bullshit.. it all works out though cause i go for free now
    hottie asain girl come to my world health its free for sexy ladies like you ahaha
    why do you go for free now?

My Ride
    X5

stupid edgemont whc, they run that place like a bunch of apes

My Ride
    400whp MR2 - An Italian and a couple of Germans

There should be a buyout clause on your contract. Most if not all gyms have it. There is usually a fee involved but its better than paying for something youre not using. If worse comes to worse tell them youre moving, thats another way to get out of it.
    Looking for a new VW? How about a used vehicle? We are Central Albertas #1 source for pre-owned vehicles
    I will beat any deal on a new VW for beyonders

Gary Moe Volkswagen/Gary Moe Used Car Superstore!

Red Deer, AB

the buy out clause is the remainder of each month
    fucking world health

My Ride
    FAT tires

Hmm ive been at WHC for a while, not the greatest business but the equipment is nice and there is rarely many people there.

BUT i got a friend of mine to sign up, when he moved to reddeer he was able to pay for one month (unused) and cancel his membership. ill ask him for more details if you like but i dont think he had hassles. Again i think he just talked to the receptionist that was there at the time (she was a cool chick, so maybe that helped things along).

My Ride
    Germanrific - 1/4/5/6/A/C/E/R

hmm, I duno if this has been suggested, but if anything, try selling your membership to soemone else (if it is transferable)..even at a small loss to you, it might be your best bet

Never got my last bill from Edgemont Club and then all of a sudden I talked to my friend and they sent my account to a collection agency for $60. I was like ... umm why not just ask for money instead of going to collection? It was like they didnt even want to bother to send me my last bill.
    2008 BMW 135i AW/Cora Red Interior| 6M | M-Sport Package | JB3 | BMS DCI | BMW Perf. Exhaust