Quantcast
Tylenol 3 and Tattoos? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Tylenol 3 and Tattoos?

My Ride

Question Tylenol 3 and Tattoos?

Hey this isnt really a health and fitness type thing but I dont know where else to post it.

Basicly last summer I got a fairly large tattoo that covers most of my shoulder and arm. I'll admit that it hurt like hell and I felt like I was going to pass out during the initial part of it. Anyways I was bleeding alot so the coloring of the tattoo wasnt as good as it should be. Some parts arent as dark as others pretty much (the whole tattoo is colored in black so light spots really show now). The artist knew this and told me to come back in 2 months and he'd re color it in. Long story short, I still havent gone back but I do have plans to soon get it re colored in and get another one on the inside of my bicep where it will be even more painful to get. I was talking to a friend of mine who gets alot of ink done and he said before he goes to get a tattoo he has a tylenol 3 and then getting the tattoo doesnt bother him at all.

What I was wondering is this a safe thing to do? Because the first thing they ask you is if you are on any drugs or on alcohol. I know thats mainly so drunk/high people dont get a tattoo they didnt want but im still not sure. Some else told me that when your on a tylenol 3 your blood is temporarily thinner so its dangerous to get a tattoo because you will bleed alot more than normal and that I might fall asleep while getting the tattoo.

Basicly what it comes down to is I'd rather not have the pain if I cant get around it , but its not worth it to me if it will cause other problems

Any feed back from experiences will help because the artist did tell me where I want to get the second one will be extremely painful because it too is large and on a fleshy part of my arm.

My Ride
    ...BNT0B0X...

being tatted myself...I got a couple of my four in painful spots (no dirty jokes guys)...

but the dealie wif tha drugs is yes, so your blood doesn't thin out...at least this is what Lisa my inker tol' me...if your blood does thin, then you will end up in the exact same position as you are right now...having to go back...what I suggest for larger tats...do them in stages...sure it might take a month for a tat that you could have sat in the chair for three hours in...but the pain is lessened...and a more tolerable tat...is a more enjoyed tat...
    ...@therealarifjina...

My Ride
    97 civic

hey theres a cream that u can apply an hour before u get ur tattoo so u wont feel it as much....

i cant remember wat its called but its cheap, and wont affect the outcome of your tattoo at all...

My Ride
    www.jordanlotoski.com

your friends shouldnt be getting tattoos if he needs to take a tylenol 3...and if you cant take the pain why did u get a tattoo?

"BEYONDS OFFICIAL REALTOR"
    Instagram @jordan_empirewest
    Ranked #1 RE/MAX Professionals (2013-2022)
    Ranked #2 RE/MAX Agent Calgary (2017-2020)
    Ranked Top 100 Re/Max agent Western Canada (2013-2021)
    Ranked #56 RE/MAX Agent Worldwide (2014)
    Ranked Top 100 Re/Max Agent Canada (2013-2020)

Check out my mobile app
    goagent.ca/98F1B2F9

There is this numbing cream that you can get, forget what the name is but I got it from Shoppers Drug Mart last time I got my tatty done....and it helped big time. I'm sure if you ask the pharmacist they would know what you are talking about.

My Ride
    www.jordanlotoski.com

man i cant belive all you guys with your creams and pills...its a tattoo, not an amputation!!

Check out my mobile app
    goagent.ca/98F1B2F9

hey some areas of the body are really painful buddy

My Ride
    www.jordanlotoski.com

ohh yeah what parts are those..ive got a few tattoos myself..

Check out my mobile app
    goagent.ca/98F1B2F9

My Ride
    ...BNT0B0X...

Originally posted by SikAssR1
    hey some areas of the body are really painful buddy

I do agree with this statement...as there are areas that are a lil more painful...BUT...if you are getting a needle repeatedly poked into your body to deposit ink into your skin...

SUCK IT UP NANCY...
    ...@therealarifjina...

what do you have? a few butterflies on your ass and let me guess a little snake or a dragon on your arm? This guys got most of his arm covered and asked for advise to ease the pain, and here you come with a smart ass remark....sheesh.

My Ride
    ...BNT0B0X...

Originally posted by SikAssR1
    what do you have? a few butterflies on your ass and let me guess a little snake or a dragon on your arm? This guys got most of his arm covered and asked for advise to ease the pain, and here you come with a smart ass remark....sheesh.

I posted in my first reply to this thread on why he shouldn't...sheesh...and seriously...if you cannot handle the pain, then don't jump on the tat bandwagon and then bitch that you cry yourself to sleep cause the scabbing is itchy...

I have one on my left inner forearm, right bicep, one on my right shoulder blade and one on my left shoulder blade...all of various sizes...
    ...@therealarifjina...

My Ride
    www.jordanlotoski.com

ive got both my lower arms done....sure it hurt a bit around the wrists, but iam not about to whine about it!!

Check out my mobile app
    goagent.ca/98F1B2F9

well some people might not be able to tolerate pain a such as you do, I had my right arm sleeved from shoulder to wrist and the wrist sucked as well as inner bicep...the cream helped a lot, just giving advise not here to start an argument.

My Ride
    STI

^^^^ hahah whos this tough guy???

For example the back of your arm where your tricept is, is extremely sensative. To the point that they tell you about it in self defence classes. I have never had a tattoo but the numbing cream sounds helpful!

Edit: i just checked my drug refference guide and Tylenol #1, 2, 3, 4, should not thin your blood out. there is a chance of Thrombocytopenia ( reduction in platelets , reduction in production of platelets, and reduction in survival of platelets. THis is rare. IT should be safe to use!
    Last edited by ^SkylinE^; 12-09-2004 at 01:24 AM.

My Ride
    www.jordanlotoski.com

yeah i hear you, but i think getting a tattoo isnt about showing it off for your pals... its about actually getting it,, feeling the pain, thats a huge part. I think if you cant take the pain get a temp tat.....

Check out my mobile app
    goagent.ca/98F1B2F9

My Ride
    G35x

Originally posted by MIWYFSHOT
    man i cant belive all you guys with your creams and pills...its a tattoo, not an amputation!!
    Yeah no doubt. Suck it up guyz. Don't

the "thining of blood" refers to the inhibition of blood platelets, ibprophen does inhibit platelet production and its effectiveness. So theres a chance the tattoo wont heal properly.

I say suck it up, the pain is part of the experiance.

Professional DJ equipment for sale: Click Here

My Ride

Originally posted by MIWYFSHOT
    yeah i hear you, but i think getting a tattoo isnt about showing it off for your pals... its about actually getting it,, feeling the pain, thats a huge part. I think if you cant take the pain get a temp tat.....

If you think getting a tattoo is about feeling pain maybe you have some bigger emotional issues you need to take care of. Correct me if im wrong but I thought a tattoo was an attempt to individualize yourself or mark something of importance to yourself. The pain is just part of the process.

And if you actually read my thread you would see that I said either way Im going to get another tattoo and that I'm just looking into if there are ways I can get it without it hurting as much this time.

To all the guys with the helpful tips, thanks. I think I'm going to look into this cream, I dont want to worry about the tattoo not healing properly if i use a t3.

My Ride
    04 Cobra

LOL, the pain is half the fun. Tylenol shouldn't affect anything, you just don't want to be taking anything that might make you bleed more (ie. aspirin).

My Ride
    Porsche 997 C2S / Toyota Tundra

I have a full sleeve from knee to ankle -- the only part I found really painful was my shinbone and behind my knee. Other than that I like the feeling, its like having an itch scratched.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast