Quantcast
Sleep Schedule - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Sleep Schedule

My Ride
    '99.5 2.0L Jetta What I ride: '05 Kona Stuff

Default Sleep Schedule

I know the importance of getting a good nights sleep for fitness. I also studied sleep patterns last year in Psychology and I found that the most valuable hours of sleep are between 10:00pm and 6:00am.

I need tips of how to get your sleep schedule to be a little more disciplined. Too many nights I am going to sleep at 1:30am or 2:00am, getting like 13 hours of sleep but still feeling like crap.

So let me know if you guys have any ideas on how to get a more reasonable consistant sleep schedule.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

Calgary, Alberta, Canada, North America, Earth, The Milky Way . . .

you are getting too much sleep thats the problem.

try for a consistant 8 hours.

go to bed the same time and wake up the sme time.

and deviation from a 'schedule' and the body tends to be unpredictable.

and it'll take you a short while to get into the habit too

rico

I sleep from 9pm to 5am... by 6am I am on my way to work.

You have to decide a bedtime and stick to it. The only thing you should be doing in your bedroom is watching TV and making love (or praying in your case). I find it easier to sleep because my body knows when I go to the bedroom it's time for sleepy.

Try to maintain a constant sleep pattern, weekends can screw this up but try to keep to a schedule.

My Ride
    Wristshots

force urself to get up early one morning, and then that same night u'll want to go to sleep earlier. u go to sleep earlier, then u'll wake up earlier and ur problem is solved.

My Ride
    Germanrific - 1/4/5/6/A/C/E/R

right now I sleep at 4am and wake up at noon

if i have class it's 4am->9am

My Ride
    V167

I've been farked the last two days

last night: took some pillz to put me to sleep....my body just like ignored the shit and I ended up being awake in my bed until like 5am...and I have to wake up at 7

previous night: loaded up on teh drugz again in hopes of gettin to sleep.....body seems to have just ignored the shit and I ended up layin in bed until 6:15 am awake....fell asleep for some reason then and then had to wake up at 7am

Goin CRAZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZY

My Ride

Originally posted by statick
    force urself to get up early one morning, and then that same night u'll want to go to sleep earlier. u go to sleep earlier, then u'll wake up earlier and ur problem is solved.
    Yeah that's my plan now, I have to wake up at 5:00am tommorow so that will be the turnaround.

Originally posted by t-im
    right now I sleep at 4am and wake up at noon

if i have class it's 4am->9am
    That's now exactly the advice I was looking for!

Discipline is totally the key for me here, it just sucks when I play hockey two or three times a week till 12:30am.

My Ride

Originally posted by nismodrifter

last night: took some pillz to put me to sleep....my body just like ignored the shit and I ended up being awake in my bed until like 5am...and I have to wake up at 7

previous night: loaded up on teh drugz again in hopes of gettin to sleep.....body seems to have just ignored the shit and I ended up layin in bed until 6:15 am awake....fell asleep for some reason then and then had to wake up at 7am

"I take a couple uppers, I take a couple downers, but nothing compares to those blue and yellow purple pills."

If I were you Big Mick I would stop those immediately. Your body will soon come to a point where it requires those boosts or drains and can't do it on it's own.

My Ride
    B8.5 S4

Originally posted by hockeybronx

If I were you Big Mick I would stop those immediately. Your body will soon come to a point where it requires those boosts or drains and can't do it on it's own.
    No.. read the steroid thread.. it doesn't matter what you put in your body, it always balances out

I'm like you though hockeybronx, my sports schedule REALLY messes with my sleep schedule. And i'm guessing when I do stuff for work in my room before bed that doesn't help either...

My Ride
    V167

bronx: Nah homie, I ain't addicted to this shit, its just to get me through this shitty exam time. During the normal school year and shit I can sleep fine (go to sleep at 2...wake up at 7...dat be da routiine) but with all this studyin and shit goin on I (and others..) need a lil help gettin to sleep yo

and I hate that purple hills song...gheynezz to the max

My Ride
    98 Civic Si

Originally posted by nismodrifter

take a couple beers before you go to sleep..that'll get you abit sleepy

it's worked for me haha

My Ride
    94' Terd

spark a bizzy,

But seriously get up everyday for a week at 5:30, I did that a month ago and now I'm in bed by 11 and up by 8 everyday. Every other day I'm up at 5:30 and go to the gym (whether it's a weekend or not). My days seem so much longer and I'm much more productive now. I like the lifestyle.

My Ride
    V167

^those suggestions are a little bit of a problem for people (aka:me) who don't drink/do drugs

My Ride
    00 Protege

Sleep is so overrated........ hahaha

My Ride
    99 Blazer

Originally posted by mazda_maniac
    Sleep is so overrated........ hahaha
    Yeah sleep is the cousin of death but yeah ive been tryin to get a good sleep schedule for awhile, but what can you do.

My Ride
    1991 Volkswagen Golf

Sleep is such a waste of time IMO.. Usually I go to bed at around 3am and wake up at about 7am.. Sometimes it'll catch up to me so I just sleep in till about 1pm maybe once every 2 weeks.

My Ride

Originally posted by InfiniteJoy
    Sleep is such a waste of time IMO.. Usually I go to bed at around 3am and wake up at about 7am.. Sometimes it'll catch up to me so I just sleep in till about 1pm maybe once every 2 weeks.
    Although I know nothing about your routine, depending on the amount of activity in your lifestyle I would suggest you change such habits.

Running your body on four hours of low quality sleep will catch up on you faster than you think. I would say your growth (both physical and mental) as well as the effects of aging would be the first two symptoms of your sleep habits.

Chances are you probably rely on a boost of caffeine every morning as well to get your body to normal levels. Don't even get me started on how much I disagree with the routine of daily caffeine.

My Ride
    335xi 70 c10 84 c10 Indian chief

i go to sleep around 1:30 2:00 every morning, wake up at either 4:30 or 5:45 depending on my work day, then i sleep all day saturday till like 4 or 5

I think Im kinda screwed, I go to bed at 2-2:30 and get up at like 10-11 and it sucks because Im tired all day. I cant go to bed before 12 because I watch tv but after 12 for somereason Im not able to sleep. Its like when my body's tired my minds wide awake and visa versa. Sheat I feel like fuk.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast