Quantcast
Calgary Muffler (Carline) - Page 5 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 4 5

Thread: Calgary Muffler (Carline)

My Ride
    04 Rsx-s,07 Frontier, 11 ss/rs

Originally posted by Niglin
    Lol, most people on the charger forums www.chargerforums.com, www.chargerforumz.com even the installers / mechanics, and senior members, tell me do it myself. It only takes about 45 mins, check it yourself, half an f'n day; c'mon. Guess I'll be buying a few tools and doing it myself at the rate of $300-400. Actually I got a quote of $105.00 earlier for the install, it's only three pipes for god sakes man. Thanks anyway. Guess that fellow you'd reprimanded at your shop for being too pricy, wasn't that much more than you, in the end; Rev.
    45mins? really? Wow. Have you ever taken exhaust off of a car before? I'd like to know how you can pull a car in, jack it up, take off stock exhaust, check fit-up, tack, re-check fitup, and then weld all joints in 45 mins?
    I'd assume that 45mins is the time to install only once the car is up on whatever and the old stuff is off.
    I'm not going to bicker, I was being realistic. I said install, not "hack and slash".

My Ride
    19 Jeep Wrangler, 20 Hyundai Palisade

I remember once I had to get Revhard to re do my Carline made Integra exhaust because it blew off at Race City a few years back

The Cobb Turbo back unit on my WRX though was the nicest setup I have ever seen. I put it in in about 2 hours with a help of a few friends. No welding, cutting or anything. But it was pricey has hell to buy.

BUMP!

So after looking around and missing out on a used Berk Dual Exit Track Pipe for $160, I found this thread.

Found that the prices posted in this thread seemed reasonable.

I went to Carline behind Pacific Mall to get a quote because everyone was raving about this place. I was hoping to keep a muffler delete under $200 because I just wanted something to improve the sound of my vehicle until I decide to pony up and purchase a cat-back exhaust.

I got quoted $461 for a muffler delete and was definitely surprised it costed so much. For 300-600 more I can get a full cat-back exhaust from a big brand name company.

I think I'm going to try the Macleod Trail location soon to see what they quote me.

click for larger version
    » Click image for larger version

Here is an idea of what I want

My Ride
    G37X

Originally posted by [Yu]
    BUMP!

So after looking around and missing out on a used Berk Dual Exit Track Pipe for $160, I found this thread.

Found that the prices posted in this thread seemed reasonable.

I went to Carline behind Pacific Mall to get a quote because everyone was raving about this place. I was hoping to keep a muffler delete under $200 because I just wanted something to improve the sound of my vehicle until I decide to pony up and purchase a cat-back exhaust.

I got quoted $461 for a muffler delete and was definitely surprised it costed so much. For 300-600 more I can get a full cat-back exhaust from a big brand name company.

I think I'm going to try the Macleod Trail location soon to see what they quote me.

Here is an idea of what I want
    No idea on price for that, but Minute Muffler on 32nd charged me $30 to cut out a resonator and put in a piece of straight pipe for me years ago, and didn't charge when I decided it sounded like crap and put it back in. You'll find tons of good reviews about them on here too.

Originally posted by relyt92
    No idea on price for that, but Minute Muffler on 32nd charged me $30 to cut out a resonator and put in a piece of straight pipe for me years ago, and didn't charge when I decided it sounded like crap and put it back in. You'll find tons of good reviews about them on here too.
    Thanks man, I'll check it out. I work for Subaru so its super close by to check out.

I'm usually the kind of guy that hears good things about a place and will go there to get it done and not shop around, but $461 for a muffler delete!?!

My Ride
    Exploded.

Originally posted by [Yu]

Thanks man, I'll check it out. I work for Subaru so its super close by to check out.

I'm usually the kind of guy that hears good things about a place and will go there to get it done and not shop around, but $461 for a muffler delete!?!
    Can you keep us posted on how your recent interaction w Minute Muffler goes? Got quoted $299 for a secondary cat removal + straight pipe from a different place.

My Ride
    M3P

Originally posted by flipstah

Can you keep us posted on how your recent interaction w Minute Muffler goes? Got quoted $299 for a secondary cat removal + straight pipe from a different place.
    When i was calling around I was quoted $200 (2010 C63)

So I went to Minute Muffler and Ravi quoted me at max $260 for a muffler delete.

He will be re-using my tips from my 2015 FRS, cutting the existing set up behind the flange to install a Y-pipe so there will be even flow out to a dual exit.

Originally posted by flipstah

Just dealt with 32nd ave MM, they still deserve the positive reputation. I always to go Ravi first.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 4 5