Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Rogers mobile rate changes

My Ride
    Corolla

Default Rogers mobile rate changes

Unannounce publicly yet, got the news from a friend:
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    Just wanted to pass on the tip for all of you that have
    cellular phone plans with Cantel Rogers AT&T.

Effective July 1, 2002 all new and renewed cellular phone plans will be
    increased by approximately $5-$10. Phone charges will be calculated by
    the MINUTE instead of seconds as they are currently.

These involve ONLY new plans or if you renew your plans after the July
    1, 2002. As a tip, if you are close to renewing your cell phone try to
    do it before this date.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------

My Ride
    Bmw and ford

I am glad i do not pay for mine

My Ride
    ACR/EG/FJZ80/DC4/DC2/22RE

Telus is swicthing the same way - No more Per second on new contracts.

My Ride
    Corolla

yea the $$ add up, I rarely use mine (TELUS) and I am paying 30-40 bucks a month ..... sometime I wonder if its worth it.

My Ride
    08 BMW 328i, 03 Turbo SVT Focus

Those sons-of-bitches! I'm glad my work pays for my cell...

I pay $67/month for my rogers phone and I barely use 1/4 of the services or 1/4 of the minutes lately.

Such a waste of $$$

I bought this phone so that I would have one number that I could always use or forward around so if an employer called, I would be able to take their call.

haha
    it never rings.

My Ride
    Brick Type R, SC AW11, Alcyone

good thing my contract is over at the end of this month...yet at the same tim its sux0rz.

i pay $35 a month + service charge + 911 charge + more bs charges...

125 min anytime, unlimited evening/wknd, and first 400 incoming mins free....

sigh... hmm.. rage wanna start a new cell phone company too while ur into this whole copy and impove technique of urs j/k
    omgwtfbbq

My Ride
    '07 Ranger FX4 Level II

fuck i hate rogers.. i have a two year contract that i signed last year after my 1 year was up.. i will have had my current phone for two years in 6 days.. and they wont give my the upgrade till the 6 days is up.. what they dont realize is my phone is dead and can not make them call, thus they can not make money.. thus THEY ARE RETARDS!!!!
    Originally posted by rage2

Just because you're older... doesn't mean you need older women. Nothing wrong with an 18 year old here and there!

My Ride
    400whp MR2 - An Italian and a couple of Germans

are they trying to loose more business? bunch of jackasses
    Looking for a new VW? How about a used vehicle? We are Central Albertas #1 source for pre-owned vehicles
    I will beat any deal on a new VW for beyonders

Gary Moe Volkswagen/Gary Moe Used Car Superstore!

Red Deer, AB

i fucking hate plans fuck! like 500$ bills and shit
    http://www.sfu.ca/~joh/teg/fastlane.gif

Do you guys realize you have the best rates in the World ? Cell companies in Canada offer the cheapest Cell rates around. Even start at 6pm or 7pm look at the states or the Uk, they start at 9pm. Also do you know in the Uk, they charge you more $$ if you call a compeitors network, ie if your a rogers cx and you call fido, you pay twice what you would if you called a rogers cell ? if you look at all the Us Carriers they don't offer per second billing, they dont usually offer hardware upgrades, you pay for what you get.

Have you ever wondered by coverage in Canada isn't the greatest ? it's cuz every cell phone company has to bend over and give everybody and their dog a free phone, free even weekends, free this free that. you wonder why none of them make money. Hong Kong Cell providers have towers everywhere they will gaurtnee you have service in the subway, under tunnels, everywhere. but expect to pay a few bucks to use your phone.

True The new plans suck, but if you want a cell phone your going to have to pay for it. Look at fido, sure they have no contract, per second billing from the first second, cheap us roaming, cheap this cheap that. but you wonder how long they will last ? have you seen their stock ? low of .10cents and a high of .24 cents from an all time high of just over 60.00 cnd a share ? it's a matter of time before somebody buys them out and well Jack up the rates. to make them turn a profit.

Cheap cell phone rates are Gone Deal with it. also if you want a new phone do you really think the provider should have to pay for it ?

Think of it this way. your leasing a car, you want a new car, do you call your leasing Agent and say can I have a free upgrade to a Toyota celica from a Toyota Echo?, and want to pay the same rate ?

My Ride
    Turbos n Stuff™

Originally posted by silvercivicsir
    Do you guys realize you have the best rates in the World ? Cell companies in Canada offer the cheapest Cell rates around. Even start at 6pm or 7pm look at the states or the Uk, they start at 9pm. Also do you know in the Uk, they charge you more $$ if you call a compeitors network, ie if your a rogers cx and you call fido, you pay twice what you would if you called a rogers cell ? if you look at all the Us Carriers they don't offer per second billing, they dont usually offer hardware upgrades, you pay for what you get.

Have you ever wondered by coverage in Canada isn't the greatest ? it's cuz every cell phone company has to bend over and give everybody and their dog a free phone, free even weekends, free this free that. you wonder why none of them make money. Hong Kong Cell providers have towers everywhere they will gaurtnee you have service in the subway, under tunnels, everywhere. but expect to pay a few bucks to use your phone.

True The new plans suck, but if you want a cell phone your going to have to pay for it. Look at fido, sure they have no contract, per second billing from the first second, cheap us roaming, cheap this cheap that. but you wonder how long they will last ? have you seen their stock ? low of .10cents and a high of .24 cents from an all time high of just over 60.00 cnd a share ? it's a matter of time before somebody buys them out and well Jack up the rates. to make them turn a profit.

Cheap cell phone rates are Gone Deal with it. also if you want a new phone do you really think the provider should have to pay for it ?

Think of it this way. your leasing a car, you want a new car, do you call your leasing Agent and say can I have a free upgrade to a Toyota celica from a Toyota Echo?, and want to pay the same rate ?

HOLY HELL!!!

SOMEONE WHO UNDERSTANDS THE TELECOM INDUSTRY!!!

Damn!

I hear of people day in day out whine about telus and its rates!

Being I work for Telus I tune into the subjects alot easier, but still people are either ignorant or oblivious to whats going on around them,...
    Travel

My Ride
    Corolla

Let's hope that now they can make money that we do get BETTER service because of it. (this applies to all telecom company)

Telecom or not:

Once ONE company offers a cheap rate EVERYONE will want that rate.

It's a market economy boys. The market is not for savy people who understand the limitations of technology and the requirements to provide it. It's for 14 year old girls to call their friends whilst at the mall to find out who's house they're going to have slumber parties at - and hopefully they won't notice the hidden cameras!

Pick any industry, any.

Bread making?
    UrinalCakeFarms sells a loaf for $5 that's just as good as HeartyLoaf's product which sells for $7.50 with coupon. Which are you going to buy? Are you going to complain to HeartyLoaf, probably and I can bet it won't be because UrinalCakeFarm's salespeope are hot.

You read it. You can't un-read it. Well, except for maybe the part about the hidden cameras.

My Ride
    a nice pair of and1's

i think the rates are fair...

it's not THAT bad, i mean, i think i pay less for my cell than my home phone! heheh which kinda sucks...

but yea about the overseas stuff... i heard that in places like korea and stuff, they get free incomming calls. doesn't matter how long they talk for the entire call is free, i know this cause i called my gf's friend's cell while she was in korea.

My Ride
    335i

Originally posted by crxboi
    i think the rates are fair...

it's not THAT bad, i mean, i think i pay less for my cell than my home phone! heheh which kinda sucks...

but yea about the overseas stuff... i heard that in places like korea and stuff, they get free incomming calls. doesn't matter how long they talk for the entire call is free, i know this cause i called my gf's friend's cell while she was in korea.
    Thats true! In the middle east, all GSM phones can receive unlimited calls, but outgoing calls are crazy expensive!

My Ride
    '04 Subaru STi

I work for Nortel Networks, and trust me, we have it good here in Canada with regards to cell plans. If you don't like it, don't get a cell. There is life without them, so quit yer bitching.

Hey Just_d16n is Nortel hiring? I need a job!

Sure everybody wants cheaper rates, and will chose Fido for their cell provider [ i don't blame them I have a fido phone too], but with the cheap rates, how long do you think fido will surivive if they don't fall the lead by Telus, Rogers and Bell ? I say max life fido has is 1yr. until they get bought about and watch the rates increase.

My Ride
    400whp MR2 - An Italian and a couple of Germans

it's not like these phone companies dont make enough money anyways. Verizon in the states now thats a wicked deal...telus is a grea tway to go..rogers ahs always licked ass
    Looking for a new VW? How about a used vehicle? We are Central Albertas #1 source for pre-owned vehicles
    I will beat any deal on a new VW for beyonders

Gary Moe Volkswagen/Gary Moe Used Car Superstore!

Red Deer, AB

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast