Quantcast
Laser eye correction - feedback? - Page 20 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 10 19 20 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Laser eye correction - feedback?

My Ride
    M3

I did the custom wavefront Lasik back in November at LasikMD. The whole experience was good. My eyes healed up pretty quickly, I had no complications and I now have 20/20 vision.

Even if you guys are still borderline, at least go in for a consultation and see if you are even candidate. I've known a couple of people that said their corneas are too thin so they weren't allowed to do lasik/prk.

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

Originally posted by JaffX
    I did the custom wavefront Lasik back in November at LasikMD. The whole experience was good. My eyes healed up pretty quickly, I had no complications and I now have 20/20 vision.

Even if you guys are still borderline, at least go in for a consultation and see if you are even candidate. I've known a couple of people that said their corneas are too thin so they weren't allowed to do lasik/prk.
    LASEK is an option for thin corneas, is it not?

My Ride
    NC1

Thinking about getting it done at the same time with the gf. I heard there are couples discounts? Probably won't be much but couple hundred wouldn't hurt.
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

Originally posted by max_boost
    Thinking about getting it done at the same time with the gf. I heard there are couples discounts? Probably won't be much but couple hundred wouldn't hurt.
    I've done a lot of work in the eye care industry and have learned a lot about refractive surgery. Personally, not something I'd ever want to do.

My Ride
    NC1

Interesting. ^^

seems quite common of a procedure nowadays though
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    Blue boy

Originally posted by A790

I've done a lot of work in the eye care industry and have learned a lot about refractive surgery. Personally, not something I'd ever want to do.
    Explains why you see a bunch of eye doctors who still wear glasses

Had my consultation at Gimbel, pretty structured procedure where you sit down for a quick test on a machine to determine cornea thickness, then you see an optometrist briefly to talk about your options before they send you off to a consultant to talk pricing.

Initially based on the free consultation I was recommended either IntraLase LASIK or PRK, both cost $1825 per eye. Was told the only major difference between Lasik and PRK is Lasik is more invasive as they need to create a flap, but has a faster healing time. PRK is less invasive, but healing period could be up to a week. The next step is to schedule a full surgery assessment that costs $200 where they dilate your pupils and conduct some tests.

wifey and i both got it done (wavefront Lasik), 4+ years ago.
    have not had any issues, not quiet 20/20 anymore but close enough
    no regrets at all

healing could be up to a week? more like a month, had this done a few years ago I was in the worst pain of my life
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

Originally posted by gatorade
    healing could be up to a week? more like a month, had this done a few years ago I was in the worst pain of my life
    I think I'm leaning towards the Lasik just for the fast recovery time.

Last edited by Rat Fink; 12-06-2020 at 01:33 PM.
    Thanks for the 14 years of LOLs. Govern yourselves accordingly and avoid uppercut reactions!

My Ride
    G37X

Just had Femto SBK done last Thursday. $4900. 20/20 and driving by day 2. I have a little bit of a rainbow effect in my left eye (only) when I look directly at a white/led light.
    I've been told that this goes away as the eyes heal.

I don't find that my eyes are too dry actually at all. I don't have to use much for eye drops in terms of moisturizing. I am running my humidifier at home full tilt when I sleep to
    expedite the healing process.

The procedure itself wasn't the most fun I've experienced. The setup wasn't too fun. Felt sort of like your eye ball is the wine cork being pulled out. Actual laser was pretty neat.
    You could smell the burning tissue much like burning hair in a campfire.

Night vision is still good as well.
    Last edited by Hallowed_point; 01-29-2018 at 10:23 AM.

Has anyone had experience with a corrective surgery for keratoconus? I've had the surgery to prevent it from getting worse but looking to see what my options are for implanting a lens now.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by roopi View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Has anyone had experience with a corrective surgery for keratoconus? I've had the surgery to prevent it from getting worse but looking to see what my options are for implanting a lens now.
    Nothing, my ophthalmologist says I'm not a good candidate for any surgery apparently.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    07 997TT

Did anybody get the lifetime enchancement coverage? With the advanced lasik you get 3 years coverage and for an extra $150/eye you get lifetime. I think u also have to get ur eyes checked at lasik every yr @ $90/visit.

My Ride
    2020 Subaru Forester Sport

Quote Originally Posted by 997TT View Post
    Did anybody get the lifetime enchancement coverage? With the advanced lasik you get 3 years coverage and for an extra $150/eye you get lifetime. I think u also have to get ur eyes checked at lasik every yr @ $90/visit.
    Sounds like a rip off, like a car dealership to get you into the clinic to pay $$$ for the yearly visit. I got my laser eye surgery done by Mitchell in 2006, came back at the 5 year mark like they asked me to, haven't been back since, vision is still perfect.

Should be noted...i stare at the computer screen like 12 hours a day.

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

I got the coverage, in my 20's and figure who knows how things will be decades down the road.

And its every second year you get a check up there. You alternate with a regular optometrist each year

My Ride
    KTM

Quote Originally Posted by eblend View Post
    Sounds like a rip off, like a car dealership to get you into the clinic to pay $$$ for the yearly visit. I got my laser eye surgery done by Mitchell in 2006, came back at the 5 year mark like they asked me to, haven't been back since, vision is still perfect.

I dont want to go back to my actual post in this thread but pretty sure I am going on 13 years and had a check up 2 years ago. No issues.

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

Absolutely incorrect.

Being a cheap-ass, I went with LasikMD and opted to save $600 and go with their standard lasik treatment instead of the custom wavefront which also had a lifetime warranty. Now I regret it.

I thought my eyes were just dry, causing some blurriness, but when I tried my coworker's glasses this week I could see noticeably better. My right eye has absolutely regressed, and a bit in my left eye too. I 100% wish I spent that extra, as now I'm going to have to get the whole procedure redone in a couple of years.

Now, my prescription was NOT stable at the time, which is something they always recommend. So perhaps this contributed to the regression - I don't know. But take it from me - maybe not everyone needs the warranty, but some absolutely do.

My Ride
    G37X

I laugh at people who will spend $30,000+ on a car that they keep for 1-2 years but then turn around and say they should
    be able to get vision correction for $500 per eye. Priorities are outta wack...

It's not a ripoff at all man. Not even close to the same thing.

Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 10 19 20 21 ... LastLast