Quantcast
Garage Floor Coverings?? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Garage Floor Coverings??

My Ride
    6.7 CUMMINS, E50 AMG

Default Garage Floor Coverings??

I can't seem to find much info online for garage floor coverings in calgary. I'm definatly not going to waste my time with paint. Maybe some kind of rubber matting?? Anybody have any ideas?
    Machining, Fabricating, Welding etc.

rubber matting would probably get ruined.

Legendboy,

What about those peel & stick THICK tiles at Home Depot that are made of the same stuff in elementary schools etc. They come in a HUGE color selection too.

That is what I'd try if I didn't own a condo LOL (damn shared underground parking)

My Ride
    Highlander

^^ Yeah those tiles are pretty durable as well and easy to clean mud and all sorts of stuff off of, so I'm sure oil and stuff from a garage wouldn't be a huge problem...we have them in my basement and they've been in good shape all over the course of like 13 years, still look new and there's a whole business down there...they're easy to put down and easy to take out if you wanna replace them down the road

My Ride
    6.7 CUMMINS, E50 AMG

Ya i was thinking about thoes but when water...etc.. gets between the cracks i bet they lift.

You can get concrete sealant at any Home depot, Crappy tire etc, or even a paint store.
    2011 Ram 1500 QC Sport
    2017 Jeep Cherokee Limited

My Ride
    rubbish

We covered the floor of one of my garages in leftover carpet.......works awesome.....dont need shoes, easy to vacuum, if you spill oil on it, it's no big deal

My Ride
    Highlander

Originally posted by legendboy
    Ya i was thinking about thoes but when water...etc.. gets between the cracks i bet they lift.
    You could probably put a durable varnish over it to prevent it but we haven't had any problems with ours and they've been wet a few times. A clear coating over it would probably seal it a bit better though

My Ride
    2011 Subaru Impreza

Just go to home depot, and buy a roll of their vinyl floor coverings. They usually have some in the back (or off to the side that was cut wrong for the customer) so they liquidate that stuff for alot less than what you'd normally buy.

just roll it out in the garage, and that's that. Im sure as your car leaks oil or coolant or water or whatever, if you have tile on the ground, you'd have to mess with digging up the tiles after a few years.. or repaint the spot (or floor) if you choose to paint. Using a roll of lineoleum or vinyl that you dont glue down, you can just roll it up, and get a new one when you hate it... dont have to mess with digging or painting.

Just put a sealant on the edges (silicone waterproof) of the tiles to keep water out...

A loose roll of Lino would be ugly and annoying, moving all around all the time...

Just go to home depot and get their 3 stage expoxy paint kit for garage floors. I did to my garage and it's standing up great, sure it's a paint but it's a think expoxy paint that is strictly meant for garage floors, it's cheap to so if you wreck a spot you can touch it up later.

My Ride
    6.7 CUMMINS, E50 AMG

Ya the epoxy stuff is probably my best bet, but i'll probably have to wait till next summer to put it on.

Paint and all that shit won't work. As soon as you put a jackstand down etc.. on it the paint will crack and come off.

My Ride
    MB C63

Originally posted by 86max
    We covered the floor of one of my garages in leftover carpet.......works awesome.....dont need shoes, easy to vacuum, if you spill oil on it, it's no big deal

wouldnt it start to smell and get pretty dirty after?
    specially in winter with all the mud and other things coming in with your car?

how do you clean it?

My Ride
    '07 Ranger FX4 Level II

at my parents i installed a ribbed rubber matting that i got custom cut on the net.. it was about 900$ or so for a 22x26 garage.. the water flows really well down the groves and keeps the area dry in the winter, just drive slow when its wet, can be a little slippery if ice gets between the wheel and covering.. ( i took it out this winter as my dad wanted it for another place in BC)
    Originally posted by rage2

Just because you're older... doesn't mean you need older women. Nothing wrong with an 18 year old here and there!

My Ride
    13 Scion FR-S, 11 Mitsu Outlander

I was looking at this last year when my garage was done - word is even those latest epoxy kits will lift after a few years if you drive on it. The heat from the tires, the gravel from the snow etc just chews it up. You can get industrial factory done but it's very pricey (10$/sq ft). The plastic floor tiles are probably the best bet but even they can crack under jackstands.

I still want to do mine but not until there's a good permanent solution.

Khyron
    That's not sweat. It's your fat, crying.

My Ride
    2018 Ford F150 SCREW

you can spray truck bediner down. just have to find someone that will come to your house to do it.

My Ride
    Highlander

Originally posted by ramminghard
    you can spray truck bediner down. just have to find someone that will come to your house to do it.
    They actually sell spray cans of it at canadian tire, but it would probably take alot of cans to do a garage floor though

But wouldnt that be hella slippery when wet? That stuff is slippery when it's in the back of a truck, I can only imagine how bad it would be as a whole floor!

My Ride
    '07 Ranger FX4 Level II

Originally posted by Melinda

They actually sell spray cans of it at canadian tire, but it would probably take alot of cans to do a garage floor though

But wouldnt that be hella slippery when wet? That stuff is slippery when it's in the back of a truck, I can only imagine how bad it would be as a whole floor!
    thats actually ruberized undercoating... oil based, and breaks down quickly... also has a long cure time.. good for fender wells though
    Originally posted by rage2

Just because you're older... doesn't mean you need older women. Nothing wrong with an 18 year old here and there!

My Ride
    www.jordanlotoski.com

do those peel and stick tiles

"BEYONDS OFFICIAL REALTOR"
    Instagram @jordan_empirewest
    Ranked #1 RE/MAX Professionals (2013-2022)
    Ranked #2 RE/MAX Agent Calgary (2017-2020)
    Ranked Top 100 Re/Max agent Western Canada (2013-2021)
    Ranked #56 RE/MAX Agent Worldwide (2014)
    Ranked Top 100 Re/Max Agent Canada (2013-2020)

Check out my mobile app
    goagent.ca/98F1B2F9

My Ride
    H-D 883 XLH

I buddy of mine works at a dairy farm, and he has a rubber matt in his truck bed that about 4'x8' , 5/8 " thick. It's sold to farmers for the cows to bed down on.

Maybe a UFA store will sell it. I'm not sure, but I think it was about $40 a sheet so it wouldn't be all that bad to do the whole floor, but if you wanted to, you could buy just 1 or 2 sheets and use them as place matts, if thats what you're looking for.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast