Ford GT Officially Recalled! - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Ford GT Officially Recalled!

My Ride
    GMC Acadia

Default Ford GT Officially Recalled!

http://www.autoweek.com/news.cms?newsId=101451

Suckers...

Of those, 289 have been shipped to dealerships, and 106 are in customers' hands.

Ouch! Way to sell tons of cars...
    Originally posted by VIZSLA
    Seems that running qualifying in three heats worked so well we're now running the race in three parts too.
    1, On the track
    2, In the steward's box
    3, In Paris

My Ride
    Turbos n Stuff™

And people raised such a stink about how it was such a good deal compared to the other cars in it's class.
    Travel

My Ride
    purple people eater

ya, so, one tiny part cracked and it was on a test mule that has probably seen far more miles, and far harder miles. then the GTs already sold. i seriously doubt it is anything that would really add much to the price tag. it's not like they are, all of the sudden, going to add $90,000 to the cost just because it needs a new suspension part.

naysayers will always be like "told you so" over the smallest, most retarded, stupid, idiotic things. fuck the haters. Ford made a kick-ass car for a relatively good price. so a minor niggle can be overlooked. I bet if Ferrari put a recall out on the Enzo, nobody would say a word bad about it.

edit: to add, I bet it was a test mule because a) dealer cars don't get driven. b) they would not just take a customer car for no reason just to inspect it. Ford would only own a few GTs, one probably to put in a museum, a couple more for the big corporate bigwigs, and then a fleet of test mules to send to car magazines, and they probably would only inspect the test mules becuase the musuem car would not get driven and upper management are always little bitches who don't take sacrifices for the company. and they probably don't drive their cars anyway.
    Last edited by BumpinTalon; 12-21-2004 at 03:31 AM.

My Ride
    Model 3 Performance

Personally I'm not surprised. If I'm going to spend over $100000 on a car I wouldn't want it manufactured by the same people that make Focuses and Tauruses. The car has been in developement for ever so there is really no excuse to miss something like that.

My Ride
    GD + GR WRB

Almost every type/model of car ever made has had recalls.
    Bought not built!

My Ride
    rubbish

People just want to take every opprotunity to jump on the domestic-hating bandwagon.

My Ride
    ...BNT0B0X...

Originally posted by 86max
    People just want to take every opprotunity to jump on the domestic-hating bandwagon.

Saturns SUCK!!
    ...@therealarifjina...

My Ride
    F10M/F87/NA2/W220/V90/E46ZHP/SE3P/DC2

http://www.recall-warnings.com/auto-...V.FERRARI.html
    the 360 modena has 8 recalls..
    better get that checked out iceburns

My Ride
    GMC Acadia

I already know of all of them... the airbag one is serious. Some blow them way out of proportion, like the bubbling of the center console in the 355. It just makes it look bad, it's not gonna spit acid in your eyes jeez.

Also, some of the recalls last over two years, say Dec 99-Jan00 (example) and they count them as two.

At least Ferrari can make production goals... they built 400 when there were supposed to be more like 500 already in customers' hands by now.

Also, would you rather have your Ferrari have the engine ground strap improperly crimped or your Ford suspension cracked in half at 100mph?

This also isn't the first major incident, production itself fully stopped for a while because of major chassis flaws.

F150 (110) FERRARI (136)
    Last edited by iceburns288; 12-21-2004 at 12:47 PM.
    Seems that running qualifying in three heats worked so well we're now running the race in three parts too.
    1, On the track
    2, In the steward's box
    3, In Paris

My Ride
    TRD Pro

You are the most well educated 14 year old I have ever read. I don't know if you dad is standing there behind you telling you every button to type? To bad your not old enough to experience driving your dad's ferrari's.
    Originally posted by Melinda

You certainly are not a very nice person though.

My Ride
    1917 Model T, VW Baja, '18 Ram 2500 CTD/6spd

Originally posted by CycloneAWD

Saturns SUCK!!

My Ride
    Jeep of Theseus

Originally posted by iceburns288
    Also, would you rather have your Ferrari have the engine ground strap improperly crimped or your Ford suspension cracked in half at 100mph?
    As Team Mclaren already linked:

http://autorepair.about.com/library...ecalls-347a.htm

I'd rather have my suspension crack than my wheels fall off, thanks!

But, really, it's not that big of a deal. Nothing's perfect, and a lot of flaws don't show up until months, maybe years afterwards. True for the Ford, true for the Ferrari. Calling people "suckers" because the first model year of an entirely new series of car has a single defect is really childish.

My Ride
    Apex Predator

Originally posted by BerserkerCatSpl

As Team Mclaren already linked:

http://autorepair.about.com/library...ecalls-347a.htm

I'd rather have my suspension crack than my wheels fall off, thanks!

But, really, it's not that big of a deal. Nothing's perfect, and a lot of flaws don't show up until months, maybe years afterwards. True for the Ford, true for the Ferrari. Calling people "suckers" because the first model year of an entirely new series of car has a single defect is really childish.
    Last time I checked the wheels falling off was definitely much worse. If you keep reading down the page this also caught my attention. How would you like to lose control of your Ferrari CS.

Problem:

"On certain vehicles, a slight oil leak in the hydraulic steering delivery pipe from the pump to the steering rack may occur which could lead to a gradual reduction of the assisted steering function. "

Consequence:

Such circumstances could lead to loss of vehicle control and could result in a crash.

Potentially 556 Ferrari 360 Challenge Stradale's are affected by this. Looks like the Modena had the same problem.

Almost every new model will go through some problems. Ford has jumped all over this problem right away. It never caused any injuries or crashes according to the article posted. I'm sure alot of people were pimp slapped at Ford over the issue, but what else is there to do but fix it...
    Last edited by NickGT; 12-21-2004 at 05:00 PM.

"She takes premium dude! PREMIUM!!! DUDE!!!!"

My Ride
    GMC Acadia

I saw that and thought the consequence was a little silly. It says you will lose your power steering which will cause you to crash. That doesn't make any sense... There are tons of cars without power steering.

No car goes without faults, but if you had heard the history of Ford's troubles you would have realized the platform had troubles. Like I said, they delayed production for a while because they had a severe problem with something. Here's a little something I found, not chassis...

In what could prove to be the most devesting news; however, is that the Ford GT "40" is alleged to have cylinder heads that contain defects in the combustion chamber pocket area. According to sources, Ford is allegedly making design changes to the cylinder head and will create a new casting which is targeted for release by 01 January 2005. Rather than issue a recall for the Ford GT, Ford would most likely issue a TSB (technical service bulletin) and repair the vehicles only as needed. Look for an update on the GT heads at a later date.
    Anyways, I found someone else mentioning the Ford GT frame problems but they too were looking for the link. Oh well. All cars have problems, but the GT is quickly dumping earlier expectations.
    They planned to sell something like 4500 cars, and 1500 this year. In one quarter they have sold 100. Not very good. 4-500 a year is less than a third of what they wanted, and they have a maximum of 2 years to sell the remaining cars because of tightening security measures that the GT won't pass. The GT is quickly becoming another Gallardo or 996TT, overproduced and undersold.
    1, On the track
    2, In the steward's box
    3, In Paris

My Ride
    GMC Acadia

Also, when you are making a top-of-the-line supercar you need to make a spiff car. How many recalls do you see for the Enzo? F50? F40? How many do you see for the Carrera GT? Maybach? The Murcielago and Diablo had some but that's expected of Lambo.

Remember when team_mclaren said the 360 was a 'poor man's' Ferrari? It's the base model. It's like a Taurus or Focus for Ford. The Taurus has had more recalls in the past 4 years than 360, Spider, and CS combined. The Focus had more in 2000 than the 360 did overall. I'd say Ferrari builds a sturdy base model.
    1, On the track
    2, In the steward's box
    3, In Paris

My Ride
    Model 3 Performance

Also, when you are making a top-of-the-line supercar you need to make a spiff car. How many recalls do you see for the Enzo? F50? F40? How many do you see for the Carrera GT? Maybach? The Murcielago and Diablo had some but that's expected of Lambo.

Remember when team_mclaren said the 360 was a 'poor man's' Ferrari? It's the base model. It's like a Taurus or Focus for Ford. The Taurus has had more recalls in the past 4 years than 360, Spider, and CS combined. The Focus had more in 2000 than the 360 did overall. I'd say Ferrari builds a sturdy base model.
    Ford is the king of recalls in the auto industry. No one can deny that.

My Ride
    Mall Crawler

i'd still take a gt if i had the money, they are HAWT
    sig deleted by moderator, because they are useless

My Ride
    Jeep of Theseus

Man, that argument is just laughable. You're attempting to compare a baseline econobox to a so-called "baseline" supercar.

If you don't think the price affects the manufacturing quality, you're completely delusional. Comparing a Focus and a 360 is like comparing...well, there's really no good analogy for how ridiculous that is.

And, in comparing the GT to the Carrera GT, the Maybach, and the Enzo, you've done exactly what Ford wants you to do! The whole idea behind the Ford GT is to create a reasonably priced supercar that can go out and play with the big boys. Quite frankly, it runs rings around the 360 CS, and for less money.

In fact, if you compare the GT with the similarly-priced 360CS, you'll notice the GT has less recalls. (2 for the 360, 1 for the GT.)

My Ride
    GMC Acadia

The GT has a recall after 2 months of production. CS, two after a year (CS production ended near the end of summer)

I told you, it was Team_Mclaren's statement. The 360 is Ferrari's base model, the Focus is Ford's. It's on a different scale, yes, a vastly different scale, but the scale works. You don't think Ford has more money to spend on R&D than Ferrari? The 360 was built before F1 domination, before the hugely popular 360 itself (obviosly). Before Marlboro's endless budget chunk, before Hotwheels hit it big with Ferrari models.

Mercedes top model- Maybach
    Porsche top model- Carrera GT
    Lambo top model- Murcielago
    Ferrari top model- 360, CS, THEN 575, THEN 612S, THEN Enzo

A whole whopping one more recall... whoop de fricken do. That's like when someone told me a Corvette braked better than a 911 because it stopped 2 feet shorter from 70mph.
    1, On the track
    2, In the steward's box
    3, In Paris

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast