Quantcast
anyone else have their christmas ruined? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: anyone else have their christmas ruined?

My Ride
    K20A3

Default anyone else have their christmas ruined?

i was supposed to fly up to ontario yesterday at 420.. but the weather was bad so they delayed the flight until 830.. whatever i brushed it off.. and theni went back and they delayed it until 1115.. ok whatever.. im getting pissed now.. i go to the airport and it says delayed until 1am.. so im sitting in the terminal for an hour alone.. .. and i look up and a lady just informed me that my flight was cancelled.. great.. i muttered.. i go to the airline .. and ask when the flight will be up again.. wow .. terrific.. the 26th is the next flight... i only have a week booked off work and going on the 26th makes going at all pointless.. so now i have to stay at home.. for a christmasless christmas.... we arent having christmas here because my dad was expecting me to be here so it would be pointless if he had it alone... the part that hurts most is the fact that i dont get to see my family whom i havent seen in over 5 years.. and the fact that my grandfather is really sick and this would have been my last chance seeing him...
    whats gods motivation to ruin anything good?...

My Ride
    the bandwagon!

too bad to hear! if i were you i would still make the trip! better to spend some time then no time at all!!!!, see if you can take a little more time off work?????? it never hurts to ask!

-jonny

My Ride
    Z

Ya I agree. I'm sure they would understand.

My Ride
    K20A3

cant... the tickets were refunded.. i wasnt the one who paid for them.... and the sched is already up for that week and they are relying on my for being back

My Ride
    GD + GR WRB

Sorry to hear about this man, but it really isn't the airline's fault. The weather out east is ass, and I'm sure you'll agree, it's better to be alive and pissed off at christmas than to rish death by flying in ass weather.
    Bought not built!

My Ride
    K20A3

im not mad at the airline at all.. its the weather.... and theres only one person in charge of weather... DARR MAQBOOL.. M F'R

My Ride
    2002 SVT Focus

I feel for you ... That hurts !! Try and make the best of it,dude...
    11 F-150 Supercrew FX4 5.0

Sorry man but your an idiot. If my gramps was on his last legs i would fly for 12 hours for 5 minutes. You should get your ass there, work be damned.

My Ride
    K20A3

yes.. thats right im the idiot..

funny how your the one person who decided to added insult to injury.. whos the idiot?

and.. its easy to say what youde do ... when you are not face to face with a situation like this.. ide probably say the same thing minus insulting you,... but things are always a lot more complicated than they seem

thanks for spreading the christmas cheer

My Ride
    a wrx.

shitty. why dont u give your family a call and talk to everyone for a bit?

My Ride
    K20A3

oh well of course i will do that.. but we both know it wont be the same...

My Ride
    Wristshots

that really sucks for you man, hope you get to see them soon.

My Ride
    93 Toyota Pickup

My x-mas was kinda weird, my grandpa decided to absolutely flip out on 6 people smoking in the bathroom, one of which is his wife. It was a valid point to make - but it was delivered terribly. "HAVE SOME GOD DAMN FUCKING RESPECT ALL OF YOU ARE SMOKING AND MY SON HAS CANCER!!" err...scared some people :|

Today a water pipe in the basement broke and was sprayin' everywhere for like 20 mins :| It's still fucked I can't fix it right now - I have to go for dinner at my other grandparents >_<.

But it isn't ruined. It was just..weird.

That sucks hard for you man, I hope it all sorted itself out, it is afterall still christmas ..

Can you make a trip down to where your grandpa resides and chill with him later ? Like, in a month or so? when your work calms down?

As long as you're spending time with him, right ? Thats all that really matters..
    Originally posted by Grogador
    Shoulda threw in a &quot;no homo&quot; somewhere... cuz... yeah...
    Originally posted by turbotrip
    seems like a recipe for rape
    toexistphoto.com

My Ride
    K20A3

yeah .. well the thing is that the tickets were bought for me by my uncle who wanted me to come for christmas... two reasons were that he gets his kids this year for christmas.. and the other was so that i can spend time with my granda who is sick and my granny whom seems to be in reasonable health.. i believe the tickets were already refunded.. and its a little rude to ask him to fly me up some other time, it costed him 650 bucks for the ticket (there and back).. itll be a little hard for me to find 650 bucks to spare.. if you know what i mean

.... have a good supper with your grandparents though, im sure the rest of your night will be good

as for me.. ive done nothing all day.. and hot dogs for supper.. hurray

My Ride
    CS-GA20DE-TT // B5 A4 TT

D-unit, i am sure you could pull it together from donations... i start a new job in a few days, i would be mroe then happy to pass some money your way, ask around, alot of charatible people here.

My Ride
    K20A3

thanks for your offer.. but i am not gonna blindly ask forum users for money,.. i just wanted to write down my frustrations, and maybe in return have a couple users try to cheer me up, your charitable offer was greatly appreciated.. it means a lot more than you would expect

My Ride
    CS-GA20DE-TT // B5 A4 TT

I know how you feel, on 9/11 my family and I were supposed to go to england, to visit my grandmother who got sick with breast cancer, it was also in her lungs, and her brain, both other aspects left undiagnosed, her condition worsened over the ensuing 3 weeks... she later died before we could make it.

I want to be as optimistic as possible for you; so your grandfather is in my prayers, and in my familys prayers, I wish only good luck, and that your diety is on your side, and if at all you need monitaire support, it is NO skin of a CAR forums back to donate a few dollars here and there.

Remeber over 2000 active users, 1 dollar each would be round trip. Keep me informed.

-- Adam

My Ride
    K20A3

thanks for the kind words

My Ride
    Jeep of Theseus

Wow, sorry to hear that, I hope you can make it out eventually.

My story's nothing compared to yours, but our furnace motor started screaming at 2 in the morning on Christmas Day, so I had to spend around two and a half hours pulling it out and oilling it. Then, it died the next day, so I spent hours and hours driving around Calgary trying to find the right one.

I finally got the right one, got it home, hooked it up, went to test it...

...and electrocuted myself! <- electrocuted guy

Ah, well, could have been worse. It could've shorted out and burned the house down or something.

ya my chistmas was kind of wrecked but it was still good i was in mexico and was supposed to fly home on the 24th but then something went wrong on the plane and they couldent find the part anywhere in canada so i spent the night at the cancun airport until 3 am christmas day and then when the plane was leaving the entire plane shut off like lights engine everything and then after like 30 min it got going again so i arrived home at like 6 and was tired so we just had christmas on the 26th it was still good

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast