Quantcast
Clutch replacement for a 94 Cx - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Clutch replacement for a 94 Cx

Default Clutch replacement for a 94 Cx

I have a 94 cx, And I am worried the clutch may be getting wore and need to be replaced! How many hours does that normally take!? Is it a hard job!?

My Ride
    maxima

depends on your mechanical skill. If you havnet done a clutch before dont count on it taking only a couple of hours. its usually not a one person job either, you need to drop the transmission on your chest and roll out from under the car( assuming you dont have a shop and have the whole car up) You will know when it is getting worse because it will start to slip and evnetually getting as bad to when you go up a hill and your revs start to raise and your speed goes down. It can be hard if stuff doesnt go how it should...which it usually doesnt. You will need quite a few tools like a clutch alighnment tool, and the normal things you use for doing stuff like that

My Ride
    CS-GA20DE-TT // B5 A4 TT

yes since youh ave a FWD car, it will be a BITCH to do, changing a clutch for the first time will take you about 7 hrs. with a good instructioal book... that and as the previous poster said, you need a special clutch alignment tool, not to mention you need another mode of transport to go get your fly wheel machined (if it is baddly mared.

That and you need to beable to lift your car up of the ground, and be confident about dropping your tranny, it can be done without taking you tranny FULLY off... but that is EXTREMELY hard to do, and it makes the aloances for errors (alignement) fitting your tools, very VERY difficult.

IF you have a buddy that can help you (that has done one before) then request his/her help.

Calgary, Alberta, Canada, North America, Earth, The Milky Way . . .

get ahold of a guy here named 78si.

he should be able to help you out,

rico

Hey Thanks alot! I Don't think I will be able to do the clutch my self! I have alot of tools, But I don't have the equipment to lift my car high enough! I wonder how many hours I would be looking at for a garage to do it!?

My Ride
    CS-GA20DE-TT // B5 A4 TT

Garage will cost you an arm and a leg man... they can charge you a rediculous amount... my dad payed 1200$ with the cost of a clutch (550$)

My Ride
    cd7 coupe

Originally posted by doublepostwhore
    Garage will cost you an arm and a leg man... they can charge you a rediculous amount... my dad payed 1200$ with the cost of a clutch (550$)
    He got ripped off. It cost me $200 for a clutch installed then it didnt work out and then a new transmission was put it and this all costed $400 in the end.

I bought a clutch for 160 From! I just need it installed

Putting the front end up on jackstands is high enough. The clutch alignment tool is usually included with the clutch when you buy it. Get a Haynes manual or something similar and a friend to help and you should be able to do it in an afternoon(but plan not to have your car for a couple days just incase of delays).

My Ride
    78 civic

Alldata book time for a 94civic CX

Clutch Disc
    Replace C 4.5 hours
    Includes: R&R Transaxle.

Note
    To Replace Mainshaft Seal, Add 2.1 hours
    To R&R Flywheel, Add 0.4 hours

Hey Thanks alot Guys!

My Ride
    05 GDB V.8 / ZX10R / T1-7L

hey man iof you really need some one to change out your clutch I would be more than willing to do it for you.. so long as you hav a heated garage...

really thought its not that hard to do and with civics a clutch alingment tool isnt really all that necisacary(sp) so longas you can eye ball it center then you wont have to much trouble getting it in. it only become a problem on higher horse power cars where the pressure plate grips the clutch down with bone crushing pressure. the tranny itself weighs about 90 or so lbs so

anywhoi have all the tools, equipment needed shoot me a PM if you would liek some help

My Ride
    335i

Originally posted by doublepostwhore
    I hardly doubt a civic clutch will cost ANYWHERE near that. In fact, there are places in Calgary that will install it (including parts) for about $375.
    Original Post NAZI Moderated

Originally posted by r3cc0s
    Felon or Mistermeiner

My Ride
    cd7 coupe

Originally posted by Weapon_R
    I hardly doubt a civic clutch will cost ANYWHERE near that. In fact, there are places in Calgary that will install it (including parts) for about $375.
    Unfortuneatly, some places like to bend their "customers" over. I remember some guy who payed $1000 for his clutch in a Prelude

My Ride
    maxima

all depends on the car, but 1000 is way to much, to get the transmission rebuilt in 98 maxima, and a new clutch is only going to cost 1800 i think thats what i got quoted i would do the clutch myself but when the tranny is already out i might as well get it done its got over 267,000km, when you get it done at the dealer, most of the cost is labour. the clutch its self isnt *that* pricey. the easiest clutch to do is on a sprint, instead of dropping the tranny, we just dropped the engine(not litterally we used a engine hoist) didnt even really need to the thing weighs like 150lbs max.