Quantcast
Why cant I post in the buy/sell forum? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Why cant I post in the buy/sell forum?

My Ride
    1990 Mercedes 190e

Default Why cant I post in the buy/sell forum?

Do I have to have a certian amount of posts?

You are a new user, and until the probation period of thirty days expires you wont be allowed to post. If you wish to purchase things from the marketplace you can still utilize the private messaging features.

In the mean time you will need to familiarize yourself with the forum rules. Posts such as this should be put into a more appropriate category:

Suggestions/Forum Related Posts

Thank you and enjoy your stay.
    ---

My Ride
    1990 Mercedes 190e

Hmmm, Im a moderator at a respected car site and we've thoroughly discussed that it is OK to register for the sole purpose of selling, what do you have to loose if someone registers just to sell something and leaves? Delete inactive accounts after 90 days. Just my input, thats not a very efficient rule considering it would be aiding the car hobby industry and forum members (i.e helping them purchase a car that isn't on autotrader.ca?) As a mod, you guys should REALLY reconsider, thats tight.

My Ride
    335i

Originally posted by XplicitPlaya
    Hmmm, Im a moderator at a respected car site and we've thoroughly discussed that it is OK to register for the sole purpose of selling, what do you have to loose if someone registers just to sell something and leaves? Delete inactive accounts after 90 days. Just my input, thats not a very efficient rule considering it would be aiding the car hobby industry and forum members (i.e helping them purchase a car that isn't on autotrader.ca?) As a mod, you guys should REALLY reconsider, thats tight.
    This is not a classified website. If it were, the owners would be rich by now.

People who want to buy and sell vehicles have other venues to look at. This site is a discussion forum for car enthusiasts.
    Original Post NAZI Moderated

Originally posted by r3cc0s
    Felon or Mistermeiner

Prevent scammers from registering just to rip people off.

Thats cool, I respect that decision. You guys can run your site the way you guys see fit, and I will run this site the way I see fit.
    ---