Quantcast
Mazdaspeed 6 price set for the US.*update* Mazdaspeed6 delayed. - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Mazdaspeed 6 price set for the US.*update* Mazdaspeed6 delayed.

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

Default Mazdaspeed 6 price set for the US.

LOS ANGELES, Jan. 5 -- Mazda North American Operations (MNAO) today announced pricing for the company's high-performance MAZDASPEED6 sedan. When the car goes on sale in summer 2005, it will be priced from $27,995 (Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price). Equipped with a 270-horsepower turbocharged direct-injection gasoline engine, MAZDASPEED6 is the most powerful and best-handling sedan ever sold by Mazda.

MAZDASPEED6 demonstrates the trademark balance of all MAZDASPEED vehicles -- the highest performance vehicles to wear the Mazda badge. To accommodate the power of the turbocharged engine, Mazda developed a new Active Torque-Split All-Wheel Drive system. When electronic sensors detect a lack of grip, up to 50 percent of the power can be directed to the rear wheels. In addition, the MAZDASPEED6 comes equipped with a completely new six-speed manual transmission, perfectly fitting the car's character.

Optional on MAZDASPEED6 is a Grand Touring package, priced at $29,925, incorporating leather seating surfaces, eight-way power driver's seat, heated front seats and mirrors, and keyless entry and start. Because of MAZDASPEED6's high level of standard equipment, stand-alone factory options are limited to pearl paint ($200), power tilt-and-slide moonroof ($700) and DVD-based navigation system ($2,000).

In addition to news on MAZDASPEED6 pricing, Mazda also showed for the first time the all-new MAZDA3 SP23 Special Edition and the rotary-powered RX-8 "SHINKA" Special Edition.

The MAZDA3 SP23 Special Edition stands apart from the compact segment with the addition of a leather interior, premium sound system, high-gloss finish 17-inch alloy wheels, rain-sensing front windshield wipers and automatic on/off headlights. Offered only in Carbon Gray Mica and available on both the 4-Door sedan and 5-Door, the MAZDA3 SP23 Special Edition exhibits the perfect balance of performance-oriented luxury.

The RX-8 "SHINKA" Special Edition takes its name from the Japanese word meaning "evolution" or "transformation" and mixes RX-8's sports car flavor with a touch of luxury. Available with either a six-speed manual or four-speed Sport A/T automatic transmission, the RX-8 "SHINKA" Special Edition features an upgraded and uniquely tuned suspension with uprated shock absorbers and urethane-filled cross-member supports, increasing performance and ride comfort. In addition to "SHINKA's" unique Parchment-colored leather interior, Mazda added leather to the handbrake lever, upgraded trim on the doors and center console, and revised the finish on the 18-inch alloy wheels and the head- and tail-light bezels. To ensure "SHINKA" stays special, only 2,150 cars will be produced.

Also on display at the 2005 Greater Los Angeles Auto Show are the finalists in the Mazda "Zoom-Zoom To Win" photography contest. Held in conjunction with Conde Nast magazines, Mazda invited the general public to submit photographs in digital and film format that best describe what Zoom-Zoom means to them. From the more than 3,000 pictures submitted, 50 finalists have been chosen, and the ultimate winner will be announced at the New York International Auto Show in March.

Mazda North American Operations is responsible for the sales and marketing, customer parts and service support of Mazda vehicles in the United States. Headquartered in Irvine, Calif., MNAO has more than 700 dealerships nationwide.

Source: Auto channel

My Ride
    2008 BBP Accord Coupe

Sweet.. I'm really interested in the mazdaspeed 6.
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear. The traitor is the plague.”
    —Cicero, Roman statesman and lawyer

My Ride
    '21 F150 Lariat Nardo Grey

Damn!!!

So who wants to buy a WRX?

My Ride
    2003 Celica GT

Priced right around the
    Legacy GT

$40K cdn

Not bad for an S4 replica

My Ride
    2009 Elantra Touring

http://www.automobilemag.com/reviews..._mazdaspeed_6/

I don't think the AWD system is comparable to Subaru's or Audi's though, according to this review.

The turbo 2.3 may become my favourite 4 cylinder engine though
    Last edited by 1badPT; 02-12-2005 at 06:14 PM.

My Ride
    06 RX8 SE

i was reading last Week's edmonton Journal and they said the mazdaspeed 6 will be priced at $36,950 CAD??

My Ride
    Bicycle

Meh, not cheap enough. For that price, I'll buy a TL with NA V6.

My Ride
    pair of adiDAs

im trying to stay away from newer model mazdas cuz i beleive ford makes the engines now

My Ride
    1979 Trans Am, 93 civic si

now whos is going to buy an rx-8?

My Ride
    325i

Still 4 door

2002civic is offline Held my GTI hostage and got unbanned
    My Ride
    19 SQ5/22 Pilot BE/18 RS3

^^so is a sti, some cars can pull it off, its not a camry or something

My Ride
    2008 BBP Accord Coupe

Originally posted by 2002civic
    ^^so is a sti, some cars can pull it off, its not a camry or something
    So is an Evo, so is an M3, so is..
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear. The traitor is the plague.”
    —Cicero, Roman statesman and lawyer

My Ride
    Model 3 Performance

Knowing how much Ford & Mazda is swapping parts and the fact that Mazda's reliability has slipped below Ford's. I would purchase a Legacy GT for that kind of money if you want a turbocharged AWD car.

My Ride
    ED-7

i think the car is nice. i'd buy it. it's all a matter of personal preferences. if u don't like ford, then u probably don't want this car cuz i'm pretty sure the engine is developed by ford. but if u don't mind that fact, then it's a car to look at if ur planning to purchase one.
    it's a powerful car and a big one too. styling is better than the other fords i've seen. and carries a mazdaspeed badge so why not.
    Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
    I swear he was thrown into the ditch by the VTEC sonic boom.

My Ride
    2002 Toyota Corolla

i like the mazdaspeed 6, but as most others, im not too sure about the whole ford thing. id have to drive both the legacy gt and the mazdaspeed 6. i'd prolly end up with the 6, looks pimp

My Ride
    06 RX8 SE

got a chance to see the mazdaspeed6 in person at the Edmonton autoshow.. it definitly looks goooooodddddd

My Ride
    22 ZR2, 06 YZ250, 77 KZ1000 supercharged

Will be hard to mod with direct injection. Have fun with that.

Mazda quality = going downhill. Which I especially do not trust with all these new fancy parts and principals.

Originally posted by CRXguy
    Damn!!!

So who wants to buy a WRX?
    I wouldn't. Its not even the same category as a WRX. For a bigger sedan, I'd probably look at a Legacy or an S4.

Originally posted by Hollywood

Mazda quality = going downhill. Which I especially do not trust with all these new fancy parts and principals.
    I'd say its a mixed bag, what with the whole chassis and parts sharing by Ford, Mazda, and Volvo. If anything Ford's cars are getting some really good upgrade in quality from the sharing. On the otherhand, its not like Mazda and Volvo are getting a shortend of the stick either...
    Damn +44411's

My Ride
    L-Tuned

Canadian Pricing:
    $35.9k
    $38.8k for leather and sunroof

Saw the car at CIAS...didn't really look impressive from a visual standpoint. But pricepoint is pretty decent.

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

Price point is decent, but it is nowhere the calibre of an EVO or STi

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast