Quantcast
Bulking Miracle Food for Cheap too - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Bulking Miracle Food for Cheap too

Default Bulking Miracle Food for Cheap too

Well not miracle, I know alot of people trying to put on weight or bulking up and wonder what to eat.. besides the basics, MEAT (chiken, Beef, Turkey etc), Whey, Cassien, Power Bars,Wieght Gain powders people forget about "PEANUT BUTTER"

• Peanut butter is an affordable source of calories.
    If you are a hungry athlete who needs 3,000 or more calories a day, you can spend a significant amount of money fueling yourself (especially if you routinely eat protein bars, weight gain shakes and other engineered sports foods). Peanut butter can fuel your body without breaking the bank. One hundred calories of peanut butter (about 1 tablespoon) costs about 7¢, far less than 100 calories of other protein sources, such as cottage cheese (55¢ per 100 calories), tuna (60¢) and deli turkey breast (75¢). The cost of 200 calories of peanut butter is about 15¢, far less than the $1.49 you'd spend on 200 calories of an energy bar... and generally, the peanut butter is far tastier!

My Ride
    2009 Elantra Touring

PB is high in fat, so that scares a lot of people off but the fats are mostly unsaturated(thats a good thing). The other downside is the protein in peanut butter is mostly denatured from the peanuts being roasted prior to making peanut butter(heat denatures protein).

That aside, its a good source of protein and in case you're getting sick of eating PB as is, here's a way to work it into desert that tastes awesome!

Peanut Butter Pie:

Makes 8 servings and you don't have to bake it. Tastes awesome and how many other deserts can you think of that give you almost 12 g of protein?

1 (5 oz.) pkg. Jell-O Instant Vanilla Pudding
    2 cups cold milk (I use whole milk and the nutritional info is calculated on that)
    1/2 cup whipping cream, whipped
    1 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
    1 prebaked pie shell of your choice (I use the Keebler chocolate cookie prebaked shells-you can get them from Superstore-again this is whats included in the nutritional info)
    Optional: (not included in the nutritional info calculation-I don't use these)
    1 (8 Ounce) container of Cool Whip (or store brand equivalent)
    Garnish: chocolate syrup & crushed peanuts

Whisk together pudding mix and cold milk in bowl until creamy. Add 1/2 cup whipped whipping cream, peanut butter. Whisk until completely blended.

Pour into pie shell. If you are adding cool whip, add it now by covering the pie with a generous layer of Cool Whip whipped topping. Put in freezer for 1 hour until set. Remove from freezer, drizzle with your favorite chocolate syrup & crushed peanuts if you want these. Cover, chill 2 hours, serve.

Per serving:
    474 Calories
    31.5 g Fat
    8 g Saturated Fat
    28.5 mg Cholesterol
    424.5 mg Sodium
    36 g Carbs
    11.5 g Protein

Yumm I think I'm gonna eat peanut butter pie, and I'm not eve working out.
    Originally posted by BlueGoblin
    I have been on the pointy end of a few sticks...

Thow a scoop of protein in that pie and your set..

Thanks for the reciepe, a definite must for anyone trying to put on weight.

My Ride
    '15 GTI

allergic to peanuts

My Ride
    Boeing, Airbus

Peanut butter can be great for bulking but try to stick to the natty blends!

My Ride
    Model S

if the huge amounts of hydrogenated oils/trans fats dont kill you first

My Ride
    2009 Elantra Touring

PB doesn't have much saturated fat and I don't know of a brand that has any transfats. Trans fats are when food manufacturers take a liquid fat such as vegetable oil and hydrogenate it to make a fat that is hard at room temperature (most margarine and shortenings are good examples). Some natural transfats are found in meats and dairy products, but generally the amounts of transfats in those products is not enough to worry about.

Most peanut butters have around 4:1:0 ratio of unsaturated fat (good fat ) to saturated fat (bad fat) to trans fat (really bad fat)

PB may be good for bulking but the BV of the protein found inside isn't nearly as good as other sources (Whey, chicken, eggs, etc...).

Definetely don't take it in as a protein source. Use it for those additional calories you need.

My Ride
    Model S

Originally posted by 1badPT
    PB doesn't have much saturated fat and I don't know of a brand that has any transfats. Trans fats are when food manufacturers take a liquid fat such as vegetable oil and hydrogenate it to make a fat that is hard at room temperature (most margarine and shortenings are good examples). Some natural transfats are found in meats and dairy products, but generally the amounts of transfats in those products is not enough to worry about.

Most peanut butters have around 4:1:0 ratio of unsaturated fat (good fat ) to saturated fat (bad fat) to trans fat (really bad fat)
    you dont know of any that do that? all peanut butters that the oil doesnt separate from do, thats how they keep it like that. skippy, squirrel, all those brands defeat the oil seperation problem that way.

so, you gotta buy the ones that need a violent stir every time you use it, and you usually have to throw out the last bit of the jar cause there is no oil left by then

My Ride
    2009 Elantra Touring

Does Peanut Butter Have Partially Hydrogenated Oils?
    Regular peanut butter does contain a tiny, tiny amount (far less than 1%) of partially hydrogenated oil. It keeps the oil from separating out of the peanut butter and rising to the top of the jar, makes the peanut butter creamier, and dramatically increases the shelf life of the peanut butter.

The resulting amount of trans fat in regular peanut butter is so small that, under the proposed FDA labeling guidelines for trans fats, the peanut butter labels will list 0 trans fats. The proposed FDA rule indicates that trans fat amounts of less than .5g cannot be accurately measured and will be listed on the label as 0.

However, natural peanut butters do not contain partially hydrogenated oils. There are a number of natural peanut butters on the market, so consumers who wish to completely avoid partially hydrogenated oils can still enjoy peanut butter. The peanut oil will rise to the top. Simply stir it back in before using.

http://www.peanutbutterlovers.com/nu...transfats.html

If you wanna bulk eat one of these bad boys

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.p...742#post895742

im gonna start doing this..the only thing i cant stand is how long it takes for the peanut butter to go down..its like it sticks to everything once u put it in ur mouth

1-Cent is offline If you want to sell shit buy a fucking banner

Peanut butter + brown sugar is the way to go

My Ride
    You Crazy

Default Re: Bulking Miracle Food for Cheap too

Peanut butter will clog your arteries faster and kill you sooner then straight butter, fatty steaks, bacon etc.

There is almost NOTHING worse for you then peanut butter.

Default Re: Re: Bulking Miracle Food for Cheap too

Originally posted by Toma
    Peanut butter will clog your arteries faster and kill you sooner then straight butter, fatty steaks, bacon etc.

There is almost NOTHING worse for you then peanut butter.
    erm, that would be untrue

My Ride
    TOPLESS 64 IMPALA /2004 SALEEN S281 SC / 2007 Z06

Originally posted by three.eighteen.
    allergic to peanuts
    me to dude

My Ride
    G35x

I tend to agree with eating natural peanut butter, besides the fat issue, regular peanut butter has a lots of icing sugar in it. Unwanted empty calories.

My Ride
    You Crazy

Default Re: Re: Re: Bulking Miracle Food for Cheap too

Originally posted by 1-Cent

erm, that would be untrue
    Uhm...no, not a chance.... review some basic biochemsitry and get back to me....

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Bulking Miracle Food for Cheap too

Originally posted by Toma

Uhm...no, not a chance.... review some basic biochemsitry and get back to me....
    If you say so
    Good luck breaking an average build eating nothing but chicken breasts and spaghetti, you need fats or you won't grow, no debate

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast