Quantcast
White Girl + Civic = white rice - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: White Girl + Civic = white rice

My Ride
    09 WRX Hatchback / 72 240z

Default White Girl + Civic = white rice

well i was driving home after getting some boba tea, and at this long strip this white civic was driving next to me, it had the Z3 style going on, and a kit similar to Shadowz's lude. altezzas were on the back and a duel fart can exhaust. she had all these stickers, i noticed one that said "powered by bitch". well the driver was this white chick with blonde pony tail. she smiled at me and bolted off, and i decided y not, so i sped up after her.

my 5 series caught up in like 3 seconds, ended up going faster than her and had a distance of around 3 cars between us. she wasn't like hot, just a normal looking girl, so yea wasn't too exicitng.....

Fuji is offline Track Events Co-ordinator
    My Ride
    cars

I like it when a girl knows how to drive... Off topic...

I tried to teach my g/f how to direve 5 speed... WHAT A MISTAKE... She was like what do you do? and I was like give it a bit of gas a let up easy on the clutch.... so she hammers the gas to about 5000rpm and I was like OH SH&*! DO no let go of the clutch...she says what? drops it and launches onto a main street and stalls it.

*my poor car* Seriously everything flew out of the center dash, tires squealed and all, I hgave never even launched that hard on my car... Lesson- never tach a girl how to drive a standard on your own car!

Lesson- never tach a girl how to drive a standard on your own car!

My Ride
    chev lumina 3.1L

i dont know how to drive standard so if u were in my boots u wouldnt be so mad about it cuz she is "LEARNING" how to drive so u got to take it easy on her man......funny anyways
    "God Rested On The 7th Day Cuz He Raced Me On The 6th"

My Ride
    '08 Mitsubishi Lancer, '97 GMC Jimmy

Originally posted by Fuji
    I like it when a girl knows how to drive... Off topic...

I tried to teach my g/f how to direve 5 speed... WHAT A MISTAKE... She was like what do you do? and I was like give it a bit of gas a let up easy on the clutch.... so she hammers the gas to about 5000rpm and I was like OH SH&*! DO no let go of the clutch...she says what? drops it and launches onto a main street and stalls it.

*my poor car* Seriously everything flew out of the center dash, tires squealed and all, I hgave never even launched that hard on my car... Lesson- never tach a girl how to drive a standard on your own car!
    Know what you mean man!...Tried to teach my ex-girlfriend once, she was pretty rough on it.... ohhh i felt so sorry for my car ....... Then I was feeling Nice one day, so i taught my Sister how to drive (16,only has her learners)...she actually wasnt bad...Couple lurchy starts...other than that she was perfect. i was Quite Suprised!....Didnt appreciate it though..."i'll just buy an automatic, less to worry about" lol

Originally posted by Beastly Power
    i dont know how to drive standard so if u were in my boots u wouldnt be so mad about it cuz she is "LEARNING" how to drive so u got to take it easy on her man......funny anyways
    When you tell them to "EASE" off the clutch and they drop it at 5000...thats just not listening.
    "Car Manufacturers give us a well engineered basic car but leave it's real development to us."

My Ride
    E36 4dr

My girlfriend wanted to learn how to drive standard too, but I wasn't about to hand over my car to a first timer....besides..i didn't want her to know the truth that I love my car more than her..!!! hahaha

My Ride
    ACR/EG/FJZ80/DC4/DC2/22RE

Originally posted by MrX
    ...i didn't want her to know the truth that I love my car more than her..!!! hahaha
    amen brother

my gf wanted to try and drive a standard as well. i taught her what to do and she has never stalled. the only thing is, she cant shift into second or any other gear so she cruised at 20km in first gear.
    i told her that she's pretty good at starting considering its her first time but she thinks its easy. i told her starting is the hardest part on a standard especially if you just started but she didnt believe me.

LOL, first time I *tried* to learn standard was on a dirtbike when I was 10. It was way too big for me and I bailed lots, including running into a fence

Its not easy to teach someone to drive standard, its very frusterating because lots of people simply can't do it. Of course, its really hard for ANYONE at first. I find the best way to teach people is to give them a tutorial before hand on HOW the vehicle is actually working, then I tell them the steps, drive it out to an empty parking lot, and keep working them through the steps slowly. It takes tons of patience and you have to encourage ppl who take a while to get it.
    "Its because they're stupid, that's why. That's why everyone does everything."

My Ride
    2001 E46 M3 LSB

When I first tried to drive standard, I hated it, cuz I learned on my car, and it has quite a picky clutch...DEFINITELY needs a new clutch soon. But anywayz, now I won't drive anything but a manual And my guy friends love it when they're in the car and I'm driving. Just the other night I was with a couple of my friends and even though I was hauling a 70lb amp for my friend, and 3 people in the car including me, they thought my car had kick to it Wait 'til I get that amp outta the car so keep my front tires on the ground! But yeah, I raced a mini-van (LOL!), and I won, then they gave me thumbs up cuz I was girl. Yup, I love my driving too I don't trust anyone else driving my car...I don't even really trust my family to drive it...I drive it hard enuf as it :tongue: My friend Randy wanted to drive my car, and I was kinda wary, then he says: "I've never driven standard before..." Yeah right! Like I'm gonna even THINK of lettin' you drive my car now! lol
    Last edited by calarina; 12-15-2002 at 04:07 PM.

My Ride
    pedals

its helpful to teach folks on a loose surface too. That way if they get greedy the tires will just spin instead of layin rubber. It also helps with getting the feel across. The first time i drove a std was when i was 14 in england in a gravel parking lot. Much fun was had with my mom. Ohh ya, i said it, my mom...

Lesson- never tach a girl how to drive a standard on your own car!
    MaxBoost taught me standard on his lude. he made a bet with me that i couldn't start it and get it into second gear w/o stalling on my first try...or he'd sell me the lude for a buck. *what confidence huh?!*

....well Mr.Boost...i am still waiting for my prelude! haha.
    Originally posted by ashee
    What's 30 grand when you're buying a BMW, M6 please.

Originally posted by t-im

You sound like the type of guy who would buy a C-Class just so you could tell people you have a Benz.
    Oooh the irony.

My Ride
    Turbos n Stuff™

Originally posted by Beastly Power
    One Word.

LEARN.
    Travel

Learning to drive a manual transmission isn't hard.

Learning to drive it properly is another story.

My Ride
    Brick Type R, SC AW11, Alcyone

Originally posted by FiveFreshFish
    Learning to drive a manual transmission isn't hard.

Learning to drive it properly is another story.
    heh took me a while to get used to standard, but yeah I always enjoy it more than all the crappy auto's I got now...

Next car I get has to be manual

Hmm.. I have a few friends that acutally just bought a pos beater to learn standard in and also teach first timer's in. Wreck the car and you can still sell it back out and possibly make your money back if you got a good bargain in the first place...
    omgwtfbbq