Quantcast
got to ride in calgarysupra's ride!! - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: got to ride in calgarysupra's ride!!

Default got to ride in calgarysupra's ride!!

hey saturday evening me and my sister met up with beyond member calgarysupra to pick up a toyota c-26 turbo off of him and his supra is amazing just like most supras. he has it totally stock, but with a new toyota navigation unit. handing was amazing on the off ramps, it was very, very , solid for a 12+ year old car. i been in brand new cars and they are not even as solid as a supra. blue factory leather looks pimping but a little 90's. the sound of the factory turbo spooling on a supra , or just the sound of the engine is something that i would love to have. man the way those supras just idle is sweet, quiet. it was funny on 17 ave in forest lawn, a daytona pulled up to us and started reving his engine, so he said , "i dont race I drive like an old man" or something. halrious! just the way he said it.

nice and caring lebanese guy too he bought us ice caps, with this weather is crazy. thanks for a good time calgary supra.

My Ride
    F10M/F87/NA2/W220/V90/E46ZHP/SE3P/DC2

the point of this thread is?

i dont know, just wanted to share. big deal.

My Ride
    FG, S14, Caliber SRT4

Originally posted by Team_Mclaren
    a very detailed trader rating??

My Ride
    F10M/F87/NA2/W220/V90/E46ZHP/SE3P/DC2

Originally posted by illeagle

a very detailed trader rating??

damn i feel ripped off then.... where's my page long trader rating Myron!!!

My Ride
    Wristshots

good to see that there are still some good ppl in the world

wut generation was it ?

My Ride
    Infiniti

Originally posted by Team_Mclaren
    he has a problem, he is a carnut, he had an experience in a nice car and wanted to share it with other carnuts, i would love to go for a ride in a turbo supra,

My Ride
    1989 Toyota Supra Turbo

Yeah Calgarysupra(Abdul) is a great guy! Nice mkIII supra too!

Can't wait to have our spring meet so we can showcase all the great supras in this city!

Jason
    [imghttp://www.ubersupra.com/misc/logo1.gif[/img]
    Jay Ferguson
    [email protected]
    403.291.5646 local
    877.CMS.7222 toll free

My Ride
    Some wedges.

Dang...does he have any more spare CT-26's?
    WTB:
    87+ AW11 ds valence panel, ds fender, rear visor. Burgundy interior parts as well.
    7th gen Celica antenna assembly

Please PM me, thanks!

I was looking to buy a Supra , but they are such huge beasts lol , so i went with its competitor the RX-7 , sweet ride though , i cant wait till Beyond cruise.
    2011 Mercedes C63 AMG //2009 Mercedes C350 SOLD //2008 BMW 335i SOLD //2006 Mercedes C Sold// 2002 BMW M3 SOLD// 2004 Porsche C4S SOLD// 2006 Audi S4 SOLD// 2005 Audi 1.8T SS SOLD// 2004 Subaru STi SOLD// 1994 LHD Toyota Supra SOLD//1993 LHD Mazda RX-7 SOLD // 2002 Honda S2000 SC SOLD// 2004 Range Rover SOLD//

My Ride
    ...BNT0B0X...

So, having owned a MKIII...

you took a MKIII "stock" Supra for a drive on road conditions where even a a D15 powered Civic can break traction, and you felt that this Supra was the bomb??...I do not doubt for one second that it is a sweet ride, there are many testimonials to this on beyond.ca.

But, I mean I lose traction in my Mommy's Camry right now, why would a Supra be any different, to get a real feel for the car get a rip in it in the summer, spring, hell tag along wheile he's attending a track day...then get a feel for it...
    ...@therealarifjina...

Originally posted by streetarab

he has a problem, he is a carnut, he had an experience in a nice car and wanted to share it with other carnuts, i would love to go for a ride in a turbo supra,

thats crazy talk. first i am not "Carnut" i just have my first car that is a honda civic. i learning about cars. and I was also adding how hospitable the Lebanese people are. as per your screen name "arab" if you were one you would understand.

Originally posted by CycloneAWD
    So, having owned a MKIII...

you took a MKIII "stock" Supra for a drive on road conditions where even a a D15 powered Civic can break traction, and you felt that this Supra was the bomb??...I do not doubt for one second that it is a sweet ride, there are many testimonials to this on beyond.ca.

But, I mean I lose traction in my Mommy's Camry right now, why would a Supra be any different, to get a real feel for the car get a rip in it in the summer, spring, hell tag along wheile he's attending a track day...then get a feel for it...
    It was a "sweet" ride, wait till he comes on or one of other beyond members that know him. many parts of the roads they are dry. saturday night was very dry on most main roads. oh by the way he didnt have racing tires ,all season so it would give him more traction. i he took off on ice, on a steep hill didnt even get stuck, but if someone had racing tires they would have no traction. makes so much sense doesnt it.

My Ride
    ...BNT0B0X...

Originally posted by HondaRice

It was a "sweet" ride, wait till he comes on or one of other beyond members that know him. many parts of the roads they are dry. saturday night was very dry on most main roads. oh by the way he didnt have racing tires ,all season so it would give him more traction. i he took off on ice, on a steep hill didnt even get stuck, but if someone had racing tires they would have no traction. makes so much sense doesnt it.

No it doesnt make sense...even on your so-called "dry" roads, friends of mine were able to break loose...and in my MK III (which I dearly miss) I only winter drove it like 3 times with snow tires and it was easy to break loose, and up a hill on ice, I did that on summer's in ym MKIII it's drivers that gets up hills, not cars and tires(in most cases)

again, I am not doubting his car is a sweet machine...I am just saying your story is weird...
    ...@therealarifjina...

My Ride
    Model 3 Performance

Originally posted by CycloneAWD
    No it doesnt make sense...even on your so-called "dry" roads, friends of mine were able to break loose...and in my MK III (which I dearly miss) I only winter drove it like 3 times with snow tires and it was easy to break loose, and up a hill on ice, I did that on summer's in ym MKIII it's drivers that gets up hills, not cars and tires(in most cases)

again, I am not doubting his car is a sweet machine...I am just saying your story is weird...
    What is the one thing that is going to make you happy anyway? Don't you own a DSM already?

My Ride
    Infiniti

thats crazy talk. first i am not "Carnut" i just have my first car that is a honda civic. i learning about cars. and I was also adding how hospitable the Lebanese people are. as per your screen name "arab" if you were one you would understand.
    your not a carnut, yet you love this supra enough to make a new thread, what am i missing, other than the detailed trader rating

My Ride
    B8.5 S4

I was also adding how hospitable the Lebanese people are. .
    LOL.. so you met one for a day and generalized an entire culture based on it?

You sound like a traveler that got lost and was taken in by the lebanese "They took us in and fed us and gave us water. We slept under there roofs. The lebanese people truly are a hospitible group."

Originally posted by streetarab

your not a carnut, yet you love this supra enough to make a new thread, what am i missing, other than the detailed trader rating
    sorry man i dont this "trader rating" stuff you been talking about. all i was pointing out is that it was a sweet car. just like many on this board are in to. thats all. big deal.

and yes he got amazing traction on snow. any car even a 4x4 will have its slides. but for an overweight real wheel drive i was suprised. you guys go meet up with him. it doesnt take a Phd to understand that if you have racing or performance tires you wont get wet/snow traction. but if you have a real good snow tire you will be fine.

My 1991 honda civic is a ok car. i like how i can buy body kits for it and everyone has one. thats all i can afford and i am gradeful for a car. even though its a rusted here and ther its takes me to work and school.

My Ride
    1992.5 Toyota Supra Turbo US Model with Toyota Nav

Can someone delete this thead? I apperciate the good will comments but it seems whatever Hondarice or someone else on here says their a opinion. they always end up getting put down.

My Ride
    1989 Toyota Supra Turbo

Yeah you guys need to ease up a little, he made a thread about an experience he had with a member on these boards and the fact that he liked his car. End of story, no need to bash or question the point of the thread.

You don't like it, don't post. Period

Jason
    [imghttp://www.ubersupra.com/misc/logo1.gif[/img]
    Jay Ferguson
    [email protected]
    403.291.5646 local
    877.CMS.7222 toll free

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast