Quantcast
Do you use EBAY? use this - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Do you use EBAY? use this

Default Do you use EBAY? use this

so yea, i found a service that's pretty useful.. basically it will bid for you in the last seconds of an auction..
    So no more bidding wars in the last 10 min, that can really jack up the prices..

Or dont u hate it when someone out bids u in the last few seconds?

Best of all, its free.

I've used it a few times... and it works great.. i just set it up.. then dont worry about it again..

http://www.bidnip.com/a.php?id=10038

yes, i'm using my referral, so i can get more free snipes.. (u start with only 5).. u dont have to use it if u dont want to, but i know its saved me money

My Ride

or you can just set your maximum bid higher because it increments in the minimum amounts anyways?

My Ride
    2009 Elantra Touring

Its called sniping. I kind of hate it because as a seller you might have one well-ranked person with a high bid on your item for the near the end of auction and someone snipes at the last few seconds of the auction with no time for me as the seller to cancel the bid if they have a poor history or no history. I've since set it so that anyone with bad feedback scores or no feedback scores can bid on my auctions, and that's taken care of some of the low quality snipers. I wouldn't mind sniping so much except that its usually nobodys who do it. Its good that sniping might give you a surprise few extra dollars on your auction.

I'm pretty sure other bidders hate it too because they might have the high bid on something and be pretty sure they won, only to lose out in the last moments. Oh well, I suppose its just extra pressure to put in a higher maximum bid and let the system bid on your behalf.

yes.. it increments in minimum amounts.. but think of it like this..

current bid..

10 buck..

u put 100..

current bid is 11..

someone else bids 20..

u still win 21..

he bids 30..

u still win 31..

but if u snipe it in last 2 seconds..

u simply win with 11.. (or 21, given the other guy put in the 20 bid)..

i agree with 1badPT, its bad for sellers..
    and eventually it might get banned by ebay..
    but yea, sellers have their own tricks too.. some ppl get their friends to just bid, and raise the NR auction.. and if it turns out they do win.. dont do the transaction, and relist..

creating a .99 cent NR auction is cheap..

anyways.. have fun

My Ride
    2009 Elantra Touring

For any long term sellers, they know that as long as they have a product that has even a reasonable amount of demand, a $1 NR is cheap to list, and will get up to market value probably by the end of the first weekend of listing, and if you list for 10 days, the second weekend will net you a closing price that is usually profitable.

Buddy bidders (what you're referring to) usually get caught by ebay and banned since they are ripping ebay off of the listing fee, and they are ripping the ebay buyers off of the "auction experience". Buddy bidders still have to pay final value fees, which makes it even harder to profit next time they list the item.

My Ride
    2010 GLK350 4MATIC, 2006 SLK350

I always try to snipe the auctions I want to win manually, because it just makes sense. I don't use any sniping program though cuz that's just cheap.
    As a seller I don't mind the snipers really, they all come in within the last hour to bid anyways and it always works out for me. I always state those with 0 or negative feedback better message me first before bidding or it will be cancelled and a second chance offer will be given to the next winning bidder in line.
    It's a complicated place.

My Ride
    2020 Subaru Forester Sport

i use auction sentry...does same thing..register as many auctions as u want and set it when u want it to snip..2 seconds left or whatever, really easy to use, done it a few time

My Ride
    2014 Tundra 1794 + 2016 X1

Cool, I'm gonna try this out for sures!

My Ride
    GD + GR WRB

I just manually Snipe.. I never miss I never, EVER bid on ANYTHING until 15 seconds from the end. Mind you I have a pretty good feedback rating so it shouldn't concern the person in my case. If you bid at all in the time leading up to the last 15 seconds, the only thing you are doing is making the item more expensive for yourself later.

I got a Skyline GTS4 Ecu for 10$ once

Another good hint is to search the new auctions for stupid low buy-it-now's (for stuff that you know is worth much more) and grab them early.
    Bought not built!

My Ride
    957,958,NC1,NC3,E90,ITR

i always snipe my auctions. but i use www.esnipe.com

My Ride
    Bicycle

These are good if you don't have the time to snipe manually.

But DIY is more fun.

As for buddy bidding, unless you do it often, like over 20-30 times, Ebay won't care. Both party can mutually agree to discountinue the transaction and Final Value Fee is refunded back into your account. All you lose is posting fee. It's a cheap way to impose a reserve withou paying/showing it.