Quantcast
Edmonton Oilers say they will be gone if no cap - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Edmonton Oilers say they will be gone if no cap

Default Edmonton Oilers say they will be gone if no cap

http://www.canada.com/calgary/calgar...1-4ba470ac502e

You know its rough when they have sold out tickets for two years straight but still can't afford to pay for their players. If there is no cap, and they end up moving the team somewhere else, there goes another classic matchup (flames vs oilers)
    ---

Even though I hate the Oilers you gotta feel for them on this one.. calgary wont be far behind either..

Honestly im getting sick of the lockout and have started watching Lacross.. give it a chance.. very exciting.

My Ride
    2013 Longhorn Ram

Im just sick and tired of this entire deal. what makes the NHL players feel so special that they are the only major league sport that doesnt have a cap? it hasnt killed the other leagues, and they're still making tonnes of money.

Originally posted by SKR
    You know what, I'm such a ricer. More form than function, oversized exhaust, Japanese engine, and if I put the tailgate down it kind of acts as much like a wing as the picnic table wings the fast and furious guys are bolting to their cars.

My Ride
    B8 A4/MKV GTI

Fuck the NHL and the overpayed athletes who play in it.

^^

Word UP

My Ride
    2002 Subaru Impreza WRX

I want hockey back. I think I'm one of the few that would go back to watching hockey right away but whatever I love the sport.

As sad as the situation would be in Edmonton honestly if they put together a deal that doesn't involve a hard cap and if Edmonton is the only one to disagree with it it really won't matter and the deal will still go through.

I don't think there's gonna be hockey anyway and all these secret meetings are just a waste of time. Bettman should just call the season.

they are overplayed but damn you gotta feel for um, shiet...hope all goes well though I hate um

My Ride
    www.jordanlotoski.com

what ever happned to playing for the love of the game..shit if i got paid 200k to play hockey id be pretty happy

"BEYONDS OFFICIAL REALTOR"
    Instagram @jordan_empirewest
    Ranked #1 RE/MAX Professionals (2013-2022)
    Ranked #2 RE/MAX Agent Calgary (2017-2020)
    Ranked Top 100 Re/Max agent Western Canada (2013-2021)
    Ranked #56 RE/MAX Agent Worldwide (2014)
    Ranked Top 100 Re/Max Agent Canada (2013-2020)

Check out my mobile app
    goagent.ca/98F1B2F9

Whats the deal with not disclosing any information.. like secretly meeting at the airport.. dahmm just rent a suite go talk do what you guys gotta do .. why acting like hollywood bitch's running around hiding from the camera's

My Ride
    750Li

I wont miss the OILERS at all

But I do think the NHL and the players are all runing around a vicous circle,

both sides should FIRE the retards the call boss, scrap the NHL, buy out the contracts, and start a new league WITH a cap, and employee the players that WANT to play, screw the rest of em, let em go to Europe and play for 100 grand a year
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

Originally posted by Def_3
    I wont miss the OILERS at all
    The Flames are not in a much better situation. If the Oilers are forced to move the same will happen to the Flames. They may last a year or two longer but they will be gone as well.

f the players and the greedy, egotistal, self-centred a-hole of a leader goodenow is. he doesn't give a f about the game at all. he's a baseball and football fan through and through, and this is his job. you know what is f'ing with hockey? AMERICANS (the worst thing to happen to this game (although most will disagree)). both goodenow and bettman (whom i hold no respect for either, but at least he is looking out for the small market teams) are both yanks. who has all the money? (save t.o.) the american teams. where are all the players playing? america. and geez, who really couldnt give a f about hockey? americans. (whats hockey?)

but, what is extremely mother f'n hipocritical is that these players PISS AND MOAN about not making as much as they can (even though the base salary is what? 300,000?) more than 90% of the population makes, and they work 8 months a year. these players are playing for substantially less in europe, minor leagues, etc. (so it isn't really about the $, its who thinks their bigger than the game) and they ain't. they think that they can f with the nhl and they will lose. everyone will lose. WHINEY HIPOCRITICAL BITCHES.

excuse me while i head down to the local funeral home to pick out a gravestone for the nhl, it's f'ed, PERIOD.

ok, now wanna hear how i really feel about this situation ?
    Last edited by rmk; 02-11-2005 at 09:03 PM.

My Ride
    2017 Highlander XLE, 09 WRX STi

Originally posted by MIWYFSHOT
    what ever happned to playing for the love of the game..shit if i got paid 200k to play hockey id be pretty happy
    I damn well agree with you. And the guys that make this 200k are usually just bench warmers. You know something is wrong with the system when guys like Gautier are making over a million.

My Ride
    04 Mini Cooper S JCW

I think everytime Canada loses another NHL team, it hurts the NHL WAY more than it helps them get a "economically strong" franchise in some US city where they couldn't give a shit less if they have hockey. All major sports leagues are built on the fans be it going to a game or watching it on TV.

If you don't have a local team to cheer for, I'd guess that viewer apathy in that city increases and the NHL loses some of its fan base.

I'll miss the Edmonton Oilers, I've been watching hockey ever since I can remember, that's how I learned to sing O'Canada at the age of 2. I've been cheering for the Oilers ever since. It sucks that I may not get to share that same feeling with my kids.
    Success is the ultimate revenge.

My Ride
    purple people eater

its true that Bettman and Goodenow are both fuckin tards. neither of them are hockey fans. Bettman's motivations are all wrong, the entire league has suffered a big downturn under his misguided leadership and now he's just trying for his own personal legacy and the animosity between him and Goodenow doesn't help either. They are both businessmen, that is the problem, neither of them give a shit about the game they are just in it for themselves.
    fuck it, fold the league. Give the recognition to teams that deserve it - the Hitmen and all the minor leaguers who play their asses off. Maybe upsize the league a bit, absorb some of the guys who will be out of work after the NHL implodes (which is bound to do if they miss any of next season). Best of all - give the Stanley Cup to another league. it is supposed to be awarded to the best hockey team in the world, and there is going to be no play-offs this year for the NHL so they would really be fuckin over the sport of hockey if they make this the first year since like 1919 the Cup isn't awarded to anyone.

My Ride
    Low Rent

So the Oilers leave if there's no salary cap, huh? And if they lose an entire season or two of ticket revenue because they close down the bloody league?

Good plan, hey?
    "Oh yeah! Plus, armed men are stealing my pop!"

My Ride
    5.7L8, 4BANGA!

^ there has to be a reason behind it.

who cares anyhow, fukk the NHL!

My Ride
    750Li

Originally posted by roopi

The Flames are not in a much better situation. If the Oilers are forced to move the same will happen to the Flames. They may last a year or two longer but they will be gone as well.
    I have heard nothing about Flames threatening to leave, and with the amount of support and investors in Calgary, somehow I dont see that happening
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    Honda

Originally posted by Def_3
    I have heard nothing about Flames threatening to leave, and with the amount of support and investors in Calgary, somehow I dont see that happening

Then you must be new to Calgary....

I can remember a time (no longer than a couple season's ago) when the Flames were begging for tickets just to stay in Calgary. Let's face it, with or without this strike, if Calgary didn't make it to the finals last season they'd probably be leaving Calgary anyway. There isn't as much support for our team as people like to think.

Saying you like Iginla and wearing a sticker on your car counts as supprt, but it doesn't go very far for the team.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast