Quantcast
twing turbo RX-7,twin turbo supra, twin turbo 300zx , nsx, corvette, viper - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: twing turbo RX-7,twin turbo supra, twin turbo 300zx , nsx, corvette, viper

My Ride
    Mall Crawler

11's closer to sea level, here in calgary a zo6 is MUCH slower, (n/a car + calgary = big dissadvantage).
    sig deleted by moderator, because they are useless

My Ride
    Model S

Originally posted by zoorocz

The enzo ferrari dose 11 sec1/4

Enzo 2766lbs 660hp
    Z06 3130lbs 500hp plz explain
    405hp on the z06 actually. the c6 z06 (500hp) isnt even out yet. thatll post even better times

Originally posted by BumpinTalon
    the corvette.
    the RX-7 is too unreliable
    the supra is too heavy
    the 300ZX is too unreliable and heavy
    the NSX is underpowered and has a pretty weak motor compared to the others
    the Viper is too expensive

the Corvette has the world's most proven motor (small block Chevy), an awesome transmission (tremec t-56 I believe), great aerodynamics, a perfect curb weight, and a great price tag.
    Viper has the tremec t65, and most svt cobra's have some sort of tremec 5* series tranny, not really an advantage there.

i cant believe you r puting the viper in the same catagory as those other cars..... its like a lambo compared to a fuckin civic...... if u have a chance of getin a viper that would be ur best bet, the only thing is the best is not cheap but its hella fun
    Mess with the best... Die like the rest

My Ride
    F10M/F87/NA2/W220/V90/E46ZHP/SE3P/DC2

Originally posted by CSMRX7
    Oh well how bout and LS6 powered RX7?

Nearly the same weight distribution as a 13b, way more torque and more reliable.
    Please tell me your joking...

My Ride
    96 civic Sir and 04 STI

Originally posted by palladinx
    i cant believe you r puting the viper in the same catagory as those other cars..... its like a lambo compared to a fuckin civic...... if u have a chance of getin a viper that would be ur best bet, the only thing is the best is not cheap but its hella fun
    uh the guy asked what car do you think is best all around. all the cars listed are fun to drive so save your biased opinions to your self
    Last edited by zoorocz; 01-31-2005 at 03:17 AM.

Originally posted by Team_Mclaren

Please tell me your joking...
    Its been done, and now there is a company selling the subframe for the swap.

The weekest point in the FD is the engine. It is great stock but pops when modded. The LS6 with T56 tranny is one of the best drivetrains ever produced, why would you not want that in a light body that is one of the best handling vehicles ever made? Unless you are a purist that believes that an RX7 should have a rotary, but then I wouldn't know why you would modify any car if you believe it was better stock.

My Ride
    Mall Crawler

The weekest point in the FD is the engine. It is great stock but pops when modded. The LS6 with T56 tranny is one of the best drivetrains ever produced, why would you not want that in a light body that is one of the best handling vehicles ever made? Unless you are a purist that believes that an RX7 should have a rotary, but then I wouldn't know why you would modify any car if you believe it was better stock.
    i would think that the ls1 wold throw off the balance of the car, or if you were to put it in far back and low enough in the engine bay that it would be a WHORE to work on. i would MUCH rather swap in a nice 4 or 6 cyl, but thats just personal prefrence.

My Ride
    Model 3 Performance

Originally posted by palladinx
    What? The only true exotic of the group is the NSX. It costs twice as much as the rest.

^^ its easier than youd think, you can change out the cam without having to take the engine off its mounts beleive it or not.

on a side note; this thread is retarded, much like the majority of these newb replys.

Professional DJ equipment for sale: Click Here

My Ride
    F10M/F87/NA2/W220/V90/E46ZHP/SE3P/DC2

weakest point??? if so then why would you buy a RX-7? Yes I do think that any RX should have a rotary, thats the reason why they were made, if you want mad power, the 20B would be a way better option imo.

Originally posted by Team_Mclaren

weakest point??? if so then why would you buy a RX-7? Yes I do think that any RX should have a rotary, thats the reason why they were made, if you want mad power, the 20B would be a way better option imo.
    The 20b is not a good option if you want to keep the RX7 an agile car. The whole amaizing turn in feel of the rx7 is lost with the 20b because it is so heavy (although it is great for straight line performance). The LS1 or LS6 being aluminium is actually not much heavier than the 13B with turbos and IC. In fact the weight distribution doesn't change much as you add less than 30 lbs to the front of the car. Also it is mounted quite low in the car to maintain the center of gravity, but there is still room to work (more than a 20b an really not much less than a 13b with turbos.

My Ride
    2002 Lexus GS430

Originally posted by jdmengines

You want to swap out the VG30DETT in the 300zx for an SR20DETT? And I dont know why theres an extra "T" in that engine code.
    i guess he made a mistake, but its not a bad idea, nguyen at autodream swapped a SR20det into his 300zx, and he ran faster then a 300zxTT, and also in japan, with the supra, they swap the 2jz-gte motor for a 3s-gte, its not a dumb thing to do
    Oliver

My Ride
    Mall Crawler

Originally posted by talonboi

i guess he made a mistake, but its not a bad idea, nguyen at autodream swapped a SR20det into his 300zx, and he ran faster then a 300zxTT, and also in japan, with the supra, they swap the 2jz-gte motor for a 3s-gte, its not a dumb thing to do
    it is considering the amount of work it takes, it is WAY easier to make more power off the 2jz or vg then to swap in a 4 cyl, not to mention you can make more power on pump gas with the larger displacement.

My Ride
    f-350 harley

corvette any time, any track, any turn, any day

My Ride
    1992.5 Toyota Supra Turbo US Model with Toyota Nav

supra or corvette. i use to have a 1993 (4 generation) supra non turbo only had it for a month and it was amazing and very reliable. this was back in jan 2001, before 9/11 it was a florida car.

anyway yeah read that road and track article from 1993 it will give u a good idea.

My Ride
    2009 Elantra Touring

you had it for a month and it was very reliable?? how the hell do you come to that conclusion after a month?? I'm not saying they're not reliable, it just seems funny to me that you'd draw that conclusion after owning the vehicle for such little time - reliability has more to do with the long term.

I took the RX7 out for a little spin again tonight, and it reconfrimed its greatness. It felt so amaizing the feel was amaizing. I forget that in the winter, but to be honest the only other car in the group that has that kind of feel is the NSX and it is $$$ (sidenot: Viper not included I can not judge the new viper as I haven't driven it)!!!

My Ride
    1992.5 Toyota Supra Turbo US Model with Toyota Nav

Originally posted by 1badPT
    you had it for a month and it was very reliable?? how the hell do you come to that conclusion after a month?? I'm not saying they're not reliable, it just seems funny to me that you'd draw that conclusion after owning the vehicle for such little time - reliability has more to do with the long term.

well i know what you mean, its just a toyota is known for reliablity, at that time i already had 92 for 3 years. it was just as reliable. thats all iam saying. a jdm engine turbo 7mgte costs about 1000, when i needed an engine for a 1994 nissian 300zx non turbo, i found one at the time (2002) there were 3000 dollars.

i am not being bias or anything. on a corvette i like them because they are quality made. with a lot of power.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3