Quantcast
Good place to take drivers ed? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Good place to take drivers ed?

Default Good place to take drivers ed?

yah so i plan to take it soon, but i dunno where to take it, my dad hasnt let me touch the steering wheel of his car yet until i take drivers ed, wheres a good place i can learn alot? or pass the drivers test easily?

My Ride
    firebird

Young Drivers is hands down the best driving school out there and in second place I would say AMA. If you want to do yourself a favour and everyone else in your car and on the road, dont take it a some cheap little driving school. A couple friends took with an unamed school and they got to take it together and smoke pot with the instructor....how is that for learning!

Anyways, it is a bit more expensive because you get defensive driving as well, but when you see what they teach you you will be thankful. The best drivers I know went to either one of these schools.
    "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around the banks will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered."
    -Thomas Jefferson 1802

yea i took it with YD too.
    Definately a good place for drivers ed.

how much is it?

My Ride
    firebird

I think it was around $600, but that was about 5 years ago. Keep in mind that you also get defensive driving course as well and other schools do not usually give you that for the $300 or whatver they charge.
    "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around the banks will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered."
    -Thomas Jefferson 1802

My Ride
    111R, FL5, DC2R, E61,W201, E36, GSW

YD is usually the most expensive, i think around 700 or 800 bucks thats when i checked a few years back. AMA is a bit cheaper i think it's around 400

My Ride
    Ram

china town! abc driving school

full package for like 548

includes testing for class 5 etc

hmmm my friends said taking the drivers test at abc was easy, so could i just like learn from any other place, then take the test at abc?

Originally posted by Sorath
    china town! abc driving school

full package for like 548

includes testing for class 5 etc
    explain more? hahaha im interested

its not hard to pass a drivers test.
    you don't need an easy test just to pass.
    And if you do... please stay off the road... for the sake of others.

My Ride
    TSX

Originally posted by buh_buh
    its not hard to pass a drivers test.
    you don't need an easy test just to pass.
    And if you do... please stay off the road... for the sake of others.

My Ride
    Prelude aka red rice, Lincoln Aviator

Originally posted by Mckenzie
    Young Drivers is hands down the best driving school out there and in second place I would say AMA. If you want to do yourself a favour and everyone else in your car and on the road, dont take it a some cheap little driving school. A couple friends took with an unamed school and they got to take it together and smoke pot with the instructor....how is that for learning!

Anyways, it is a bit more expensive because you get defensive driving as well, but when you see what they teach you you will be thankful. The best drivers I know went to either one of these schools.

Haha, I take it you're talking about Chinook driving academy or whatever it was. I went there, what a joke. When we were taking the written test the instructor basically told us the answers. Whatever, they got their money and I got my insurance discount

My Ride
    Toyota Sequoia

if you're asking for the best place to learn, because you want to become a good driver, then AMA or YD is awesome.
    if you're looking to pass a test more easily, it doesn't matter where you take it (atleast for the in-car driving test, as the tester is from a outside party, not affiliated with any driving schools). you will learn alot more taking a YD or AMA course.

otherwise passing the test is pretty easy and should be of equal difficulty/ease no matter where you go. also take insurance cost reduction into consideration. find out which school your insurance company is willing to give the biggest discount for. going to a popular school will essentiall cost you exponentially less money in the end, so i'd say an extra 300-500 bucks to go to the better schools is absolutely worth it in the end.

My Ride
    firebird

Originally posted by '93 SR-V

Haha, I take it you're talking about Chinook driving academy or whatever it was. I went there, what a joke. When we were taking the written test the instructor basically told us the answers. Whatever, they got their money and I got my insurance discount
    Yeah it was Chinook. Everytime I drive with those two I feel lucky to arrive alive at my destination.

Another good thing about YD is that their final test is way harder than the licensing test, so you will have no problem passing it...its almost a joke its so easy.

You also get sweet rides with YD...TLs, accords, civics...I have even seen SUVs.
    -Thomas Jefferson 1802

My Ride
    Bicycle

If you fail at a test, you shouldn't even drive.

Went on a defensive course and this chick I'm with pull into slow lane on deerfoot @ 30km/h instead of trying to speed up in the merge lane. Instruster reach over and pull her back into the merge lane.

Scary shit who they give license to these days.

ABBA driving school. It cost me 285 and I was done in 2 days.

After the road test (what a joke) I took my license test and passed the first time. Best 285 that I ever spent.

First driving school in the book, look em up!