Quantcast
Increasing appetite? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Increasing appetite?

My Ride
    Impreza RS

Default Increasing appetite?

Gotta eat huge to get huge, share your appetite-expanding tips!

I'll start off, I drink tons of water (around 1L after a meal and then 1L in between meals) and that expands my stomach so after I'm done taking a piss I'm ready for more food. The weakness of this is that one of my biggest meals is right when I wake up, so this doesn't work unless I wake up in the middle of the night to load up on water.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    2009 Elantra Touring

If you're bulking, a protein shake in the middle of the night isn't a bad idea at all.

Just make sure you're eating frequently instead of 3 big meals. The funny thing is at first you'll feel like you're forcing yourself to eat because not much time will have passed since your last meal. But after eating 5-6 smaller meals per day for about a week, you'll be hungry all the time and you'll have no problem eating the food you need. I'm assuming you're pairing these eating habits up with a workout program.

My Ride
    Boeing, Airbus

I find the most important thing isn't appetite but having quickly available food. I'm usually too lazy to make food but if it's sitting right there I will eat it!

My Ride
    Impreza RS

Originally posted by 1badPT
    If you're bulking, a protein shake in the middle of the night isn't a bad idea at all.

Just make sure you're eating frequently instead of 3 big meals. The funny thing is at first you'll feel like you're forcing yourself to eat because not much time will have passed since your last meal. But after eating 5-6 smaller meals per day for about a week, you'll be hungry all the time and you'll have no problem eating the food you need. I'm assuming you're pairing these eating habits up with a workout program.
    Yeah I'm already at 6-7 meals, but I haven't gained for a while so I need to increase the meal portions (hence the need for appetite!)

And yup it's with a workout program, I've been doing this for a while but I haven't been at a plateau for more than a month before (it's been around 2 months now)

My Ride
    97' Pearl White Toyota Celica w/ purple tint

I eat every hour. Always have food with me. Bring a grocery bag to class every morning haha.

I already drink about 40-50L of distilled water a day. Im nuts yes. Classmates think theres something wrong with me, peeing every hour...but I dont care. So many ppl dont know how important water intake is to us and every day living. I would rather drink too much than not enough. Better than taking back coke or root beer everyday for lunch. Only drink fruit juices (organic) not that sugar crap, no milk, no dairy, no pop, no booze.

Actually wait, I do have plain low fat yogurt every 2nd or 3rd day.
    Last edited by GucciBoy; 02-02-2005 at 07:21 PM.

My Ride
    Boeing, Airbus

I have tons of milk and dairy in my diet...

Originally posted by GucciBoy
    I eat every hour. Always have food with me. Bring a grocery bag to class every morning haha.

I already drink about 40-50L of distilled water a day.
    You drink say the equivalent of 80-100 water bottles a day???!! That means you would be drink minimum four per hour of the day! and I didn't take out sleeping hours! How is that possible?

My Ride

actually kel, I drink about 7-10 bottles an hour, and Im usually up for about 12-15 hours of the day.

My Ride
    2009 Elantra Touring

Originally posted by Chim

Yeah I'm already at 6-7 meals, but I haven't gained for a while so I need to increase the meal portions (hence the need for appetite!)

And yup it's with a workout program, I've been doing this for a while but I haven't been at a plateau for more than a month before (it's been around 2 months now)
    Ok, if you're eating that often you might be eating the wrong foods - if you're eating low calorie versions of foods, switch to regular (IE whole milk vs skim, regular peanut butter vs light, and so on).

Post up your workout routine, its possible your workout has too many reps and your simply burning the calories off without stressing your muscles enough. Do you get sore in the muscles the day after you work them? Also when was the last time you changed your workout?

My Ride
    94' Terd

actually kel, I drink about 7-10 bottles an hour, and Im usually up for about 12-15 hours of the day.

you must spend hella time in the bathroom...

My Ride
    Cutlass Coupe

wow fiend

Why bother with drinking water? Just toke up. hahaha.

My Ride
    Prelude aka red rice, Lincoln Aviator

I already drink about 40-50L of distilled water a day. Im nuts yes. Classmates think theres something wrong with me, peeing every hour...but I dont care. .

I’m assuming you meant to say 4-5L /day?

Originally posted by '93 SR-V

I’m assuming you meant to say 4-5L /day?

That is alot of cash plus water to be drinking haha

My Ride
    '99.5 2.0L Jetta What I ride: '05 Kona Stuff

These are the keys for my food intake:

- monitoring my sleeping habits for undersleeping as well as oversleeping. The only thing worse than being sleep deprived is waking up after a 14 hour sleep and feeling slugish and lazy.

- I strive to drink 5 litres of water daily

- I live an active lifestyle, and I'm always walking and lifting at work so I pack in the food during my breaks at work

- I enjoy working out just before bedtime, but I still make sure to have a shake, a snack, and some milk right after my workout for my body to recooperate with.

- I also am continually working at eating more fruits and vegetables, I've learned how to make some kick-ass salads, and make sure to buy plenty of fruit for myself

My Ride

yes be sure, go hard, less reps, shorter workout, it will work your body much harder than spreading it out with lighter weights, more reps and longer workout.

At least this is how I do it. I have friends who used to workout for 2-3 hours, with 9-10 sets!!! Thats nuts! I go on avg 5-7 reps per set, 5 sets, and my workouts last an hour to an hour and half.

right bad?

My Ride
    Impreza RS

Originally posted by 1badPT

Ok, if you're eating that often you might be eating the wrong foods - if you're eating low calorie versions of foods, switch to regular (IE whole milk vs skim, regular peanut butter vs light, and so on).

Post up your workout routine, its possible your workout has too many reps and your simply burning the calories off without stressing your muscles enough. Do you get sore in the muscles the day after you work them? Also when was the last time you changed your workout?
    Hmm you're right, I do eat a lot of low calorie foods (even though I counted it to around 3400 cals per day, does it still matter that they're the low cal version?)

And about the workout, I'm in the 8-10 rep range right now with 5 sets on big compound exercises and 3-4 on the more specific ones. I was doing 5-6 before but changed it recently (1 month ago) due to the plateau. My muscles are getting a lot more sore than before with the new rep range, but I'm still not making any size gains.

yes be sure, go hard, less reps, shorter workout, it will work your body much harder than spreading it out with lighter weights, more reps and longer workout.

At least this is how I do it. I have friends who used to workout for 2-3 hours, with 9-10 sets!!! Thats nuts! I go on avg 5-7 reps per set, 5 sets, and my workouts last an hour to an hour and half.

right bad?
    I'm doing 45 min to an hour workouts right now, apparently thats the best range.

I think the main problem is in my nutrition though, it looks pretty decent on paper but realistically it's hard to eat exactly what I laid out every day simply because my appetite varies so much.
    I want my newbie gains back haha, 35lbs in 7 months was pretty sweet but the best I've done since then is 5lbs in 2 months.

My Ride
    2009 Elantra Touring

Hopefully its as easy as the food thing. Only thing I'll add though is if you're getting sore and not seeing gains, you could be overtraining.

And yeah that's right Gucciboy. Probably the most important thing with working out though is keep changing it up-your body adapts really quickly to the workout you're doing so if you change equipment/excercises constantly, you'll be keeping your body in a constant state of building up to try to adapt to the ever changing workout.

I do 6 sets in my workout - the first 3 are power sets - failure at 6 reps, the next 2 are bulk sets with failure at 10 reps and the final set is an endurance set at 20 reps.

you'll get used to eating alot thats given, the body will adapt to almost everything. here are a few things i do to increase my appetite so i can shove that extra meal down my gullet:

-Pre make all your meals the night before, put them into ziploc containers and your set. you'll only have to cook once a day, cooking 6 times a day will make you want to shot yourself and typically you will eat less.

-Drink a high surgar sports drink during times of training or cardio, the energy you get from the surgar will burn out quickly near the end of your workout and youll come out of it starving.

-Alternate between solid meals and protein/supplement drinks. it works for me

-Whenever im not eating or drinking something i usually have some chewing tabbacco in my mouth. once the short buzz wears off im always hungry as hell..... but dont take up chewing, hahaha.
    Last edited by Wildcat; 02-03-2005 at 12:03 PM.

Professional DJ equipment for sale: Click Here

My Ride
    honda

give us a sample of your diet

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast