Quantcast
Some peoples children I tell ya!!! - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Some peoples children I tell ya!!!

My Ride
    92 240 w/some mods 87 Corolla GTS

Angry Some peoples children I tell ya!!!

This is why I HATE Calgary Import shops......

Whats with some people? Today I was down at Speedville and Karl was telling me how a customer whos possibley getting a engine swap in his 240 at his place was talking to Roberto at RPM about also posibley getting him an engine. Well I guess talk siffted to me since my car was previously at RPM getting my front end conversion done and well as some of you know I pulled it out of there for reasons I'm not affraid to say. They are to much of a RICER shop whos only concern is to do as many short shifter installs and underglow kits as possilbe in a day. When it came down to it, having my car sit in there shop for almost 4months and not have one thing done to it, other than a little chop job on my front bumper to fit it on the car was enough motivation to pull it out of there and go to someone else whos capable, motivated and knowledgeable enough to help me finish up the car. Thats when I went to Karl at Speedville. Mind you he's not doing my body work, he is however rebuilding my engine with beefed up internals, did my custom aluminum I/C piping along with my down pipe and a host of other things. Something I think Roberto is uncapable and unmotivated enough to do. But to get on with the story karl told me, Roberto had said that if I have any sort of Speedville stickers on my car hes going to SUE me! SUE ME! WTF. Why? Why sue me over having another guys shop name on my car? Especailly after Roberto had his 4 long month chance with my car and he flat out blew it. I just can't belive he'd stup to this level. Later. I'm done venting.

Let the flaming begin.....

Orrin
    Last edited by darknight; 12-19-2002 at 09:30 PM.

thats odd

i dont see how you can sue someone for having a different sticker

My Ride
    MDX

haha, Orrin, believe me, theres enough people in town friends with me and you that could go after RPM for various things. Either that or a quick call to revenue canada could fix things.

My Ride
    '01 Stang

Hmm, this thread takes a dark turn....
    Objects in mirror are losing!

My Ride
    180sx

and it starts here...

Sue you? sounds like something impressions would do...

they cant sue you for shit, stupid companys affraid to loose business.

Yo orrin, why didnt you take it to Nyugen?

My Ride
    335i

For your one bad experience, there are 10 people who have had excellent experiences with RPM, which I consider one of the best import shops in Calgary, right beside Tunerworks. Roberto is the only person, in my experiences, that actually spends the time to explain to you and answer your questions about different setups etc. He is also not afraid to take you to the back to show you current projects which are never "hack jobs" as you say.

Maybe the reason he said he'd sue you is because you ain't telling us the whole story. No shop, and I mean no one, has that kind of power unless RPM was sponsoring you or something and put a lot of it's own money into your car...which would give them a GOOD reason to sue you for what they've lost...
    Original Post NAZI Moderated

Originally posted by r3cc0s
    Felon or Mistermeiner

My Ride
    22 ZR2, 06 YZ250, 77 KZ1000 supercharged

Hahaha they said that??? Hahahaha....Man that's way too funny. May be the want to sue you because they need the money...Hehehe.

But really that's quite immature for any business to say or do.

For the record you were never really loyal to RPM anyways, or any other shop. They just happpend to be the place where you were getting body and paint done. You don't owe them anything. As I recall you bought many things from Contemp, Speedville and Tuner works, and of course the internet.

My Ride

Originally posted by Hollywood
    Hahaha they said that??? Hahahaha....Man that's way too funny. May be the want to sue you because they need the money...Hehehe.

But really that's quite immature for any business to say or do.

For the record you were never really loyal to RPM anyways, or any other shop. They just happpend to be the place where you were getting body and paint done. You don't owe them anything. As I recall you bought many things from Contemp, Speedville and Tuner works, and of course the internet.

For the simple fact that they charge way to much for everything. Like for example my Blitz SBC-ID i just bought. I had RPM look into what it would cost me to get. They wanted almost 1200CDN for the dam thing plus shipping! Tunerworks wanted 950 all said and done, and in the end I got it for 850. It pays to shop around. Loyalty only gets you so far. And in the end its only your pockets that feels the burn.

Orrin.

My Ride

Originally posted by Weapon_R
    For your one bad experience, there are 10 people who have had excellent experiences with RPM, which I consider one of the best import shops in Calgary, right beside Tunerworks. Roberto is the only person, in my experiences, that actually spends the time to explain to you and answer your questions about different setups etc. He is also not afraid to take you to the back to show you current projects which are never "hack jobs" as you say.

Maybe the reason he said he'd sue you is because you ain't telling us the whole story.

The only thing I didn't mention is that I owe them a messley $300. I think for the waiting game I played with them, its my turn to play with them. I'm going to pay them eventually but I'm in no rush. It just like a couple buddies I know who were supposidley sold real Fiber Images carbon fiber hoods from RPM and it turned out they were just some generic company. In the end the hoods fit like crap, and were returned and it took them months, months and many more months to get there money back. So its my turn!

I know a quite a few people who know Roberto way better than me and they really question his way of doing business. Don't get me wrong I think Robertos a real friendly, nice guy but don't cheat your best buds outa money or give them lame ass excuses why you can't fess up the money in which he owes them, in the end hes only hurting himself.

Orrin

My Ride

Originally posted by CA18DET

Yo orrin, why didnt you take it to Nyugen?
    the reason I didn't take it to Nyugen is becuase Karl has gotten him self a 20yr Mechnic Technician sharing his shop space with him. He was the Master tech at Infinity in the Calgary Auto Mall and knows his way around a nissan motor pretty good. I'd rather trust a true mechanic doing rods, pistons, valves, springs, timing, then a hobbiest. Cause in the end what happens if things go wrong? I'd rather have the state of mind that he's know dam well what hes doing and 20yrs of experience is my reassurance. Plus he knows all the good machine shops etc to send my head out to get tested etc, you know all that fun stuff. In the end 400hp will be the result. I hope!

Orrin
    Last edited by darknight; 12-20-2002 at 12:17 AM.

My Ride
    22 ZR2, 06 YZ250, 77 KZ1000 supercharged

Originally posted by darknight
    In the end 400hp will be the result. I hope!
    Orrin

Basterd!!!!

My Ride
    It's held together by zip ties

hey,

I think i saw your car at speedvilla a few days ago, looking good there. But sueing you for having speedvillas sticker on your car, something has to be wrong. I kind of think alot of the guys who work at import shops are lazy. I have only been to impressions, rpm, and speedvilla and at impressions most of the guys were screwing around, same with Rpm while at speedvilla the only guy who wasn't working on a car was karl, but he was on the phone when I got in so he had an excuss.

Laurier

My Ride
    NC1

Interesting.....well I remember seeing your car at RPM Racing last year Sept 2001 and it was supposed to be ready for World of Wheels 2002. I only remember seeing the front end and it looked hella sweet from what I remember.

You can't be everything to every customer so there will bound to be some grumpy individuals but I can agree on one thing based on my own experience, I don't think RPM is qualified or have the skills to do any sort of major engine work. I wouldn't trust them at least, you need someone who has some sort of educational background or years of hands on experience to effectively carry out an install like this. But mind you, there are many hobbyists out there who can do just as good as a job but like you said, peace of mind is priceless.

As for the prices, not every shop can get every part at the best prices so best bet is to shop around. They will sell you the part at their best possible price which still entails that company to making their desired profit.

I still think RPM is more of a bodyshop instead of a performance shop but again, that is strictly my personal opinion based on my experiences with them.

I am in no way bashing this shop, but merely stating what I have gathered over my time of dealing with them.
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    1999 Impreza hybrid CLOSED DECK!

where are you guys getting your electronics... i can get the SBC-id II for 650...

Originally posted by HOK
    where are you guys getting your electronics... i can get the SBC-id II for 650...
    Canadian dollars???

My Ride
    GD + GR WRB

Karl at Speedville hooked me up, I wouldn't be afraid to have him work on anything you need done. I got Karl to install an exhaust for me (actually, HollyWood helped out .. remember me? ) and Karl went WAY beyond what he had to do, and went out of his way to make sure I got back on the road. I'll be talking to him over the winter to grab some more stuff!!
    Bought not built!

yakish Guest

ah ya that's really odd

My Ride
    6.7 CUMMINS, E50 AMG

Originally posted by HOK
    ooo....I'll take one for $650cdn!
    Machining, Fabricating, Welding etc.

Originally posted by legendboy

ooo....I'll take one for $650cdn!

My Ride
    1999 Impreza hybrid CLOSED DECK!

yup cdn bucks... its in my car right now... got the power meter all included for 850-900.. shipping and stuff...

found the guy on groupbuy.com... i lost his contact... but if i find it i'll post it... he's in socal..

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast