Quantcast
Calgary's Official 5th Gen Lude Thread - Page 89 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 89 of 91 FirstFirst ... 79 88 89 90 ... LastLast
Results 1,761 to 1,780 of 1810

Thread: Calgary's Official 5th Gen Lude Thread

My Ride
    Toyota Sequoia

^^^ probably refinement. the prelude feels more smooth while the ITR is something you can really whip around the corners since it's lighter.

Originally posted by Jlude

I was talking to shadowz about going from an AP2 to a ITR... I've never driven one, but I'm sure i'm going to be dissapointed. He said it was hard to go back to one after the s2k.
    If you stepped out of a different car into an ITR, you'd love it.

ITR is an awesome car, but eventually it gets tiring like an S2K. It would be a great practical weekend car. But lack of sound deadening and creature comforts make it tough to live with. Plus the value is not there - it's fun to drive but if I paid that much for a car, I'd like things like a remote trunk popper, electronic heater controls, heated seats, real intermittent wipers (instead of just one setting) and a ton of other things that I was left wanting when I had an Integra.

My Ride
    18 Model S, 20 Macan S, 67 Camaro & 11 SLS

Originally posted by richardchan2002

If you stepped out of a different car into an ITR, you'd love it.

ITR is an awesome car, but eventually it gets tiring like an S2K. It would be a great practical weekend car. But lack of sound deadening and creature comforts make it tough to live with. Plus the value is not there - it's fun to drive but if I paid that much for a car, I'd like things like a remote trunk popper, electronic heater controls, heated seats, real intermittent wipers (instead of just one setting) and a ton of other things that I was left wanting when I had an Integra.
    Most of those options, the prelude has.

Well, that's exactly what I'll be buying it for, a weekend car. Just something for me to enjoy by myself. I've always wanted one since I was young.

So now Mr. Chan... besides being a TR, what would really be the difference in say a GSR and a ITR? (I know little things like interior, shift knob/boot, HP) Is it worth it to spend the extra money on the ITR? Cause I've found several Integras with JDM front end conversions for much, much less than what ITR's are going for.

If youre looking for a weekend car, I'd take the ITR over GSR 10 times out of 10. I'd take an ITR over a Prelude for a weekend car. I think ITRs are kind of overpriced though for what they are. They're great cars, but I don't see how some of them are still selling for $19k, even if they're untainted.

Other than aesthetics, the difference lies in the different suspension, engine, transmission, stiffer chassis, bigger brakes, and is basically a stripped down GSR. No leather, no power windows (not sure if all of them are), some of them have no AC, no sunroof, no deadening, a purpose built car and a great one. Probably the best handling fwd car ever made.

JDM front ends don't add value to the car. I prefer a clean (see:stock) USDM ITR front end anyway. ITRs are actually one of the few cars I think look better stock than modded (even slightly modded).

My Ride
    SDS Lambo's and nbaker wild

Originally posted by buh_buh
    If youre looking for a weekend car, I'd take the ITR over GSR 10 times out of 10. I'd take an ITR over a Prelude for a weekend car. I think ITRs are kind of overpriced though for what they are. They're great cars, but I don't see how some of them are still selling for $19k, even if they're untainted.

Other than aesthetics, the difference lies in the different suspension, engine, transmission, stiffer chassis, bigger brakes, and is basically a stripped down GSR. No leather, no power windows (not sure if all of them are), some of them have no AC, no sunroof, no deadening, a purpose built car and a great one. Probably the best handling fwd car ever made.

JDM front ends don't add value to the car. I prefer a clean (see:stock) USDM ITR front end anyway. ITRs are actually one of the few cars I think look better stock than modded (even slightly modded).

i agree. for the price though.. come on, its not worth it. Not a car thats even convenient enough for the weekends, like what if I need A/C? the ITR is like a track-only car in some respects.

There's not no AC in all Type-Rs. Just some. But not convenient enough? That's what a weekend track car is: no convenience. Its got a backseat, that's already enough compromise in a weekend/track car. I went through a few summers with no AC in my Prelude and I didn't mind. I prefer fresh air to the smell of freon. I even had to blast the heat on a couple occasions when I still had the stock rad and was sitting in traffic. That's the price you pay for having that sort of car. The Type-R was purpose built. Have you ever sat in an Elise? Much higher price, even less creature comforts than the Type-R. The Type-R was marketed as a race car for the street. Every little bit counts.

My Ride
    SDS Lambo's and nbaker wild

There's not no AC in all Type-Rs. Just some. But not convenient enough? That's what a weekend track car is: no convenience. Its got a backseat, that's already enough compromise in a weekend/track car. I went through a few summers with no AC in my Prelude and I didn't mind. I prefer fresh air to the smell of freon. I even had to blast the heat on a couple occasions when I still had the stock rad and was sitting in traffic. That's the price you pay for having that sort of car. The Type-R was purpose built. Have you ever sat in an Elise? Much higher price, even less creature comforts than the Type-R. The Type-R was marketed as a race car for the street. Every little bit counts.
    I agree with you completely. I like the ITR for its ability to be just that - a track car.
    i just think the price for it is a little high considering the conveniences/whole package overall.

See:Elise

But with all that being said, you can have 92.4% of the Type-R performance in a Prelude that's more comfortable and at a cheaper cost. The Type-R isn't a car just a stripped down Integra though, you kind of have to appreciate the details Honda put into it compared to the GSR, I guess that's what youre paying for too. Every little thing was changed and geared towards better performance, even if they were just minor changes. That's what I like about the Type-R. A little more refined, but not refined in the same way the Prelude is.

My Ride

Same as the CR, some came with AC and Stereo... some didn't. AC can be nice at times... but it's not needed.

Fuck, it's been so long since I've had a back seat. That in itself is a luxury to me.

I have driven an Elise... the s2k is like a luxury sedan compared to that.

haha yeah, so you want out of one track car into another? Sounds like you want another Prelude James. Here I even took the liberty of finding you a (semi) unmolested one

http://calgary.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehi...QAdIdZ87623582

If I had cash to spare, I'd keep a 5th gen around as a daily.

My Ride

haha yeah, so you want out of one track car into another? Sounds like you want another Prelude James. Here I even took the liberty of finding you a (semi) unmolested one

http://calgary.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehi...QAdIdZ87623582

If I had cash to spare, I'd keep a 5th gen around as a daily.
    This time I won't use the track car as a DD.

The wife HATES integras, so I have no worries of her wanting to drive it.

That prelude is very clean. I have no doubt I'll be back into one at some point in the next year.

I've been talking to this guy in Virginia about this one... http://www.hondamarketplace.com/show....php?t=2446786 it's identical to mine except the rims/interior.

Only thing stopping me is the CAD.

Most of those options, the prelude has.

Well, that's exactly what I'll be buying it for, a weekend car. Just something for me to enjoy by myself. I've always wanted one since I was young.

So now Mr. Chan... besides being a TR, what would really be the difference in say a GSR and a ITR? (I know little things like interior, shift knob/boot, HP) Is it worth it to spend the extra money on the ITR? Cause I've found several Integras with JDM front end conversions for much, much less than what ITR's are going for.
    Yeah the only things the Prelude doesn't have is electronic heater control and a remote trunk popper which really gets annoying.

Kevin got just about all the big points on the ITR. Except I think the JDM conversion still looks better and gives you the option of OEM HID (even if the reflectors are RHD ones). But the stock front end is killer. Original paint and parts keeps the value of the car.

The big things are engine, suspension, and brakes. They're all factory upgraded in the ITR. If you swap those onto a normal integra, there really isn't a huge difference between the 2 cars, and it's easier to find a clean car to start with. I did that on my first Integra and enjoyed all of the mods:

http://forums.beyond.ca/st/176393/fs...dm-type-rquot/

I would've liked it more if it came like that from factory though.

The Prelude buh_buh posted above has inteiror neon lights and HID lights. Stay away!

My Ride

Yeah the only things the Prelude doesn't have is electronic heater control and a remote trunk popper which really gets annoying.

Kevin got just about all the big points on the ITR. Except I think the JDM conversion still looks better and gives you the option of OEM HID (even if the reflectors are RHD ones). But the stock front end is killer. Original paint and parts keeps the value of the car.

The big things are engine, suspension, and brakes. They're all factory upgraded in the ITR. If you swap those onto a normal integra, there really isn't a huge difference between the 2 cars, and it's easier to find a clean car to start with. I did that on my first Integra and enjoyed all of the mods:

http://forums.beyond.ca/st/176393/fs...dm-type-rquot/

I would've liked it more if it came like that from factory though.
    Wow Richard, that car looks amazing. Did you actually sell it?

Althought the ITR doesn't have the refinements that one would like, since it's gonna be a weekend car, I'm not gonna worry about it too much.

I'm just gonna wait for the right... low klm/clean car to come along and snatch it up. I absolutely love the JDM front end conversion for the ITR, but it's hard deciding whether to stay 100% oem or go for the better look.

The Prelude buh_buh posted above has inteiror neon lights and HID lights. Stay away!
    yeah, I know... but its low k and its an easy fix. Bone stock and low k are hard to come by nowadays.

My Ride
    Subaru GR

just my $0.02 on the ITR/Prelude debate.....I absolutely love the ITR around the city, its a pretty quick (at the time) car and its handling is bar none to anything else stock out there for a FWD. The only gripe is that is was loud (as mentioned above) and screams on Deerfoot at high RPMS, good ol' ITR tranny gearing.......if you had an exhaust on that, good luck.

Ludes are heavy and slow, but they handle pretty nimble. I always point to that road and track a while back where the compared the two in corning, IIRC it said that if the lude came with better OEM rubber it would be as close to handling/if not better then the ITR....

In the end, I'll probably pick up another teg down the road, it will probably be another 4 door, but still a teg. Man that was a fun car....
    Psalm 144(1): Blessed be the Lord my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight.

My Ride
    957,958,NC1,NC3,E90,ITR

i prefer the ITR to the S2K. maybe it's because i'm a crappy driver but it seems like i can push an ITR a lot harder than an S2K.

i've seen ITR's with p/w, a/c, and cruise. compared to the prelude, the only things missing are sunroof and heated seats.

richard, the lack of remote trunk on the lude can be fixed by using a 6th gen accord trunk popper. it should be a direct bolt on, just have to wire it up.

the problem i have with all 3 cars is they feel too old. even a brand new S2K feels like a honda built in the 90's. these cars were great in the year 2000 but i'd have a hard time buying one right now.

My Ride
    Toyota Sequoia

I love my "old school" Hondas. The late 90s models, for many Japanese automanufactures, was in my opinion, the peak of automotive enthusiasm and flair. I will add an ITR to my collection some day

My Ride
    Toyota Sequoia

I love my "old school" Hondas. The late 90s models, for many Japanese automanufactures, was in my opinion, the peak of automotive enthusiasm and flair. I will add an ITR to my collection some day

Wow Richard, that car looks amazing. Did you actually sell it?
    Yeah it's gone - sold to a guy here on beyond. It was actually superesc's car before - it was turbo B18B with JDM conversion when I bought it.

yeah, I know... but its low k and its an easy fix. Bone stock and low k are hard to come by nowadays.
    Yeah that's true. It's probably one of the lowest mileage ones - and in PPW too! But things like neon and HID, are very telling of a young teenaged owner.

Originally posted by gpomp
    i prefer the ITR to the S2K. maybe it's because i'm a crappy driver but it seems like i can push an ITR a lot harder than an S2K.

i've seen ITR's with p/w, a/c, and cruise. compared to the prelude, the only things missing are sunroof and heated seats.

richard, the lack of remote trunk on the lude can be fixed by using a 6th gen accord trunk popper. it should be a direct bolt on, just have to wire it up.

the problem i have with all 3 cars is they feel too old. even a brand new S2K feels like a honda built in the 90's. these cars were great in the year 2000 but i'd have a hard time buying one right now.
    The Integra does feel a lot more driver friendly. Driving position, visibility, and steering feel is excellent. It's much more predictable than the S2000.

I actually installed that Accord trunk popper onto my old prelude, and Kevin's prelude. Problem is you need an aftermarket alarm system with auxiliary to use it. The OEM remote won't work since it only has 2 buttons - lock and unlock.

I agree with you 100% about the cars all feeling too old. The 3rd gen tegs started in Japan in 1993. So the first ones probably rolled off the assembly line 17 years ago. It doesn't help that Honda kept the same chassis for 9 model years either. The B-series motor is actually a carry over from OBD0 so the engine technology is ancient.

Page 89 of 91 FirstFirst ... 79 88 89 90 ... LastLast