Quantcast
Why? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Why?

My Ride
    Nothing but ///M baby!

Default Why?

Why was everyone such a jerk towards 2.2vtec? Is that the way new people are welcomed on this board?

i think it was maybe because people here don't think that hitting 200 km/h is a big deal,when he was proud of what he had accomplished.i'm not sure,thats just what i'm assuming...

My Ride
    Nothing but ///M baby!

It was just a cool picture that he took, there has been pictures of people reaching certain speeds, whats so bad about this one?

and aslo,i think he got a "bashing" because of this..

"i've only been on this board for a little bit and all this "jeff type r" guy does is make fun of everyone. Do you even drive a type r? I never said most cars can't go 200, i just think that's a pretty fast speed. And besides if I was driving rabbit it be shaking at 150, my car was very sturdy. So if you don't have anything positive to say keep your mouth shut!"

i don't think he should of put it in that way,when jeff type r just likes to have fun.it wasn't a great first impression on his part..

My Ride
    Nothing but ///M baby!

Originally posted by civicLVR

"i've only been on this board for a little bit and all this "jeff type r" guy does is make fun of everyone. Do you even drive a type r? I never said most cars can't go 200, i just think that's a pretty fast speed. And besides if I was driving rabbit it be shaking at 150, my car was very sturdy. So if you don't have anything positive to say keep your mouth shut!"

i don't think he should of put it in that way,when jeff type r just likes to have fun.it wasn't a great first impression on his part..
    Yeah well he was just defending himself. Someone made fun of him, so he did it back.

My Ride
    91 Civic

Yea man....sinking to a other forum low here...
    Originally posted by Ridelikeme

preludes are definately not slow.. they are the corvettes of the honda 4cylinder world..they float

My Ride
    Nothing but ///M baby!

Originally posted by Toms-Celica
    Yea man....sinking to a other forum low here...
    I was just dissapointed that that is how he was recieved into the board, it was kinda classless.

i just don't think 2.2vtec should of started himself out on the board like that,taking the "issue" to as far as he did.he set himself up more and more in the thread for the comebacks/remarks that was said to him about the topic.
    Last edited by bosa; 12-22-2002 at 12:29 AM.

My Ride
    93 Prelude SR-V

I dunno why everyone is giving the guy a hard time...... he wasn't trying to brag or anything, its not like he said, hey losers my car is so fast it can go 200 kmph heres a pic.....

I agree, and I don't think this is the first new person to complain about Jeffs posting skills. I think I remember a few people who got a bad first impression of the guy.

I think it's kinda impressive that he hit 200 and managed to take a clear picture of it. I haven't been anywhere near that fast.

And even in defending himself, he was civil and not retarded. I was pretty pissed off after I read all that.

lammer Guest

civiclvr don't think your so smart. he hit 200. you? you can't even drive.

My Ride
    06 RX8 SE

i find it impressive to both hit 200 and take a pic.. but wat would i know, i cant even get my car up to 180... but i dont think its right for you guys to just bash him like that.. we all know Jeff typeR make fun of ppl alot, and most of us dont really care because we know he's just joking around and thats him, but he doesnt.. so give him a break..

My Ride
    A l337 chair

I am a pretty nice guy most of the time. I acted like a buffoon, and I'll admit that. That was out-of-character for me

Lets just put this behind us. Things were said on both sides that we didn't mean. I am going to even forget about his nasty PM because I said some pretty stupid stuff too.

I already apologized to him. No matter his response, I am going to try to be the bigger person.

I think we're all ashamed as it is... lets just drop it and start fresh
    Last edited by mrmattyk; 12-22-2002 at 03:00 AM.

Edmonton you damn fools! Cowtown can kiss my capital ass!

I think that this points out the frustrations that some of the people on this site create. There is a great deal of bandwagon jumping. Out of no where someone decides to randomly make fun of someone (Jeff Type R, real classy move!) and then since people seem to want to be liked by the "cool people" they decide to join in, (civiclvr you're the most pathetic of them all, you can't even drive, maybe when you get a little older then eleventeen, you can get your license and stop bein a jackass). That's just how i see things though.....
    "Da da da da" - Snoop Dogg
    "If your ass gets cracked, bitch shut your trap!" - Snoop

My Ride
    a wrx.

i COULD waste my time replying with a huge speech...but this pretty much sums it up:
    Attached Images Attached Images  

My Ride
    Nothing but ///M baby!

Originally posted by D_Rock
    I think that this points out the frustrations that some of the people on this site create. There is a great deal of bandwagon jumping. Out of no where someone decides to randomly make fun of someone (Jeff Type R, real classy move!) and then since people seem to want to be liked by the "cool people" they decide to join in, (civiclvr you're the most pathetic of them all, you can't even drive, maybe when you get a little older then eleventeen, you can get your license and stop bein a jackass). That's just how i see things though.....
    Thats kinda how I interpreted it too.

Originally posted by civicLVR

He asked if jeff type r makes fun of everyone. Why do you think he shouldnt have said it like that?

First impressions dont mean anything. You can't make a opinion or assumptions on someone based on one or two posts. For example when you first joined this forum, I didn't think you were stupid and I didnt think you were smart. But now I think your stupid.

My Ride
    BMW X1 35i MSport

why start this fight again!?! we closed the thread so this wouldn't continue, just drop it everyone!

My Ride
    a wrx.

what is with all the newbies running around like they own this place? why are they showing up from nowhere with their "after the fact" bitching? there is a lot of "u should have", "i never would have done that", "you are so pathetic" type statements being made

why do they only participate to take shots at other ppl? why do i never see these people posting in normal discussions?

My Ride
    GTI

why do i never see these people posting in normal discussions?
    I think a couple people have alternate user names so that they can say what's on their mind without jeopardizing their relationship with people on the board. That's my guess.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast