Quantcast
which tires to buy - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: which tires to buy

My Ride
    00 328ci/04 m3 (frankenstein)

Default which tires to buy

Hey guys just needed peoples opinions on on these two tires. The yokohama a520's and the kumho 711's. I know the kumho's are fairly cheap and commonly used for street apps. But don't know much about the yoko's and if those two are even in the same category. Just lookin at buyin em used so yea any help or info would be great. Thanks.
    "Excuse me, is your refrigerator running? Because if it is, it probably runs like you... very homosexually."

My Ride

damn nothin? i searched the net, but some advice from the guys locally runnin either of these tires would be nice.
    "Excuse me, is your refrigerator running? Because if it is, it probably runs like you... very homosexually."

My Ride
    MDX

Do a search, there is a damn thread about this at least twice a week.

I am too lazy to find out what the yokohomas are rated but the kumho 711's are not a high performance tire. They are an "all season" low profile tire with round sidewalls. They are nice tires, my friends are happy with theirs. If you want a cheap tire with more performance check out the kumho 712's. They are Z speed rated, AA wet traction rated, and have a stiff sidewall.

The A520's aren't even on the yoko website, but in my experience with yoko, the parada's are the way to go.
    Yoko just came out with the parada spec-2, I haven't heard anything about them, but from using the originals, i'd say they would be pretty good. Real sticky, like drivin' on rails.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    MDX

Originally posted by Bones21
    The A520's aren't even on the yoko website, but in my experience with yoko, the parada's are the way to go.
    Yoko just came out with the parada spec-2, I haven't heard anything about them, but from using the originals, i'd say they would be pretty good. Real sticky, like drivin' on rails.

Parada spec-2's have been around for almost 2 years now.

parada spec 2's are by far the BEST low profile summer performance tires available for any application pending on limited tire sizes. Kumho 711's.. now I thought these were discontinued?? But anyways, they make a bit of noise.. I'd recommend the 712's. You should just go with the kumho's, if you switch your rims pending on seasons, then they should last you a good 3 years, of course, that is if you don't beat the living hell out of them.

Originally posted by jdmakkord

Parada spec-2's have been around for almost 2 years now.

wow...guess I haven't looked into tires in a while. I bought the parada's for my old rex about 4 years ago. But I havent needed any new tires since then.

My Ride
    91 PP1 - 93 EH6 - 01 BB6

I'm partial to the Dunlop SP sport FM901s, or the Yoko ES100s. Both are an exceptional tire, yoko being a little more sticky but wearing quicker than the dunlop.

My Ride
    Bowling shoes

The A520 is an old old tire and they were really good tires, but do they ever wear fast. I think the Paradas replaced them.

My Ride
    AE86, GSXR 750

i also need some tires, i need a 205/50/16 for my my mx6, i have a hard time with traction, and with my new turbo it is only getting worse, anyone know a good tire for my application? i jsut dont wanna waste my money.

Originally posted by youngbex
    i also need some tires, i need a 205/50/16 for my my mx6, i have a hard time with traction, and with my new turbo it is only getting worse, anyone know a good tire for my application? i jsut dont wanna waste my money.

Check out the dunlop website. I just bought a set of 205/50/16's, and they stick pretty good, just don't get the dunlop 5000 series tires. They are all season tires, but they wear out real fast.

No way the Parada Spec-2 is the best performance tires out there. They are decent, but there are way better ones.

If you are on a budget, I would get the Kumho 712. They are inexpensive and decent in performance.

If you want to step it up, I recommend the Toyo T1S. Expensive, but great performance. I know they are being discontinue as of this year, so maybe you can get them for a good price.

My Ride
    a wrx.

Default Re: which tires to buy

Originally posted by autospeed
    Hey guys just needed peoples opinions on on these two tires. The yokohama a520's and the kumho 711's. I know the kumho's are fairly cheap and commonly used for street apps. But don't know much about the yoko's and if those two are even in the same category. Just lookin at buyin em used so yea any help or info would be great. Thanks.
    well its kinda like choosing between anal sex and oral sex from leos mom. with the 711s u could bag on that shit while she screams whereas the a520s just suck all day long.

My Ride
    335i

The 711s are the bottom of the barrel wheels. If I were to pick, and even without knowing anything about the Yokos, i'd still take em because 711s are nothing special.

If it were the 712s, i'd take those. I've yet to find anyone who can complain about their performance at the price they sell for (which is about 10-20 more than the 711s, so why not go for the 712s?)
    Original Post NAZI Moderated

Originally posted by r3cc0s
    Felon or Mistermeiner

My Ride

The reason for the 711's is because i'm getting an awsome deal on a set of them (used). Just need a set of low pro's for my summer wheels. If i was to buy them new it would for sure be a set of 712's. In this case it was just the yoko 520's i wasn't sure about.

And thanks for all of your help guys, and damn, Jeff that was an awsome burn about leo's mom. hhahaha and i thought your quote in my sig was funny. Rock on.

My Ride
    a wrx.

haha actually i have 0 experience with either tire

My Ride
    00 GTS

But how much experience with leo's mom??

My Ride
    Corvette (Porsche alumni)

How long do the 5000 series last? do you have any other information regarding the 5000 series?
    Thanks,
    Darcy

Originally posted by Bones21

Check out the dunlop website. I just bought a set of 205/50/16's, and they stick pretty good, just don't get the dunlop 5000 series tires. They are all season tires, but they wear out real fast.

Originally posted by Magnet
    How long do the 5000 series last? do you have any other information regarding the 5000 series?
    Thanks,
    Darcy

Dunlop SP Sport 5000m tires.
    Plies, tread : 2 polyester + 2 steel + 1 Nylon
    Sidewall : 2 Polyester
    Treadwear 360, Traction A, Temp A
    Made in Japan

I had the 195/50/16's on my car, they came stock. They wore out completely in about 6 months, but I race my car on autocross and drag, so it's kind of expected that they would wear faster. But now I have the Dunlop SP Sport A2's.
    Same composite as the 5000's, but treadwear is 420, traction is AA, and temp is A. I find them a little bit harder, but they have already outlasted my old ones. Hope that's enough info for ya.