Quantcast
Guys: Anyone have experience with any Resto / body shops in town - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Guys: Anyone have experience with any Resto / body shops in town

My Ride
    I take the bus and nutswing JDM

Default Guys: Anyone have experience with any Resto / body shops in town

Thanks in advance. I have a line on a 1967 Fastback stang, and it will need total restoration. I'm talking frame off.

To give you an idea of scope of work:

Interior has mostly new pieces, but needs assembly, body is straight but will need some work and a new paint job, will need new floorpans welded in but they are with the car. I would go with a new drivelione which would be a no brainer.

Thanks gentlemen.

I'd like to talk to someone and get an idea of the dolllars involved and then de-neon myself and get this..

06 F250 diesel.
    Saving up for a used shitbox to enhance my cool factor.

There use to be that place by Stampede Toyota, you could see them on the ctrain. They just recently moved. I wish I knew the name of the place...
    Was the #1 Forum Warrior

Somebodys got to know something....
    Was the #1 Forum Warrior

My Ride
    Apex Predator

Try The Mustang Shop. They might be able to recommend someone good for the body work, and should be able to hook you up with whatever else you need.

Click Here For Contact Info
    Last edited by NickGT; 02-15-2005 at 09:47 PM.

"She takes premium dude! PREMIUM!!! DUDE!!!!"

My Ride
    1988 T-Bird Sport

You'll have a tough time finding someone capable of a Frame-off on a '67 Mustang. Wrinkles autobody in Caylee has done a few classic Mustangs, expect to pay $25,000 to $50,000 for a decent resto.

My Ride
    QX80,SL600, Utopia 205SE

ACX

Have you forgotten about your old SRT friend?

We are just finishing up the wraps on a new shop opening in the next month.

Restorations aren't really our bread and butter but in your case I could make an exception.

Do I hear beers being poured??

My Ride
    Charger R/T

Vintage Automotive?

Originally posted by Toms-SC
    There use to be that place by Stampede Toyota, you could see them on the ctrain. They just recently moved. I wish I knew the name of the place...

My Ride

Originally posted by Phuqu
    ACX

Have you forgotten about your old SRT friend?

We are just finishing up the wraps on a new shop opening in the next month.

Restorations aren't really our bread and butter but in your case I could make an exception.

Do I hear beers being poured??
    yeah bro I was gonna call you yesterday but was tied up until 9 and I know how you like your sleep. I was hoping you'd see this.

06 F250 diesel.

My Ride
    Charger R/T

Default Re: Guys: Anyone have experience with any Resto / body shops in town

Originally posted by ACX
    Thanks in advance. I have a line on a 1967 Fastback stang, and it will need total restoration. I'm talking frame off.
    If you're at WoW this weekend, keep an eye out for a '68/9 Rustang, red w/ white stripes. Give you an idea of what a $80K + resto looks like!

My Ride
    49cc Honda bicycle/89 Accord SE-i/59 Impala/93shaq

Donz Wheelz of Time all u need to know

My Ride
    1988 T-Bird Sport

Default Re: Re: Guys: Anyone have experience with any Resto / body shops in town

Originally posted by DuPont

If you're at WoW this weekend, keep an eye out for a '68/9 Rustang, red w/ white stripes. Give you an idea of what a $80K + resto looks like!
    '68 and '69 are two completley different bodystyles.

My Ride
    Charger R/T

Default Re: Re: Re: Guys: Anyone have experience with any Resto / body shops in town

Originally posted by T5Bird
    '68 and '69 are two completley different bodystyles.
    I haven't seen it yet, just heard about it today, and can't remember if he said '68 or '69.

My Ride
    Firebird

Talk to Kustom Works of of Mcknight and Edmonton Trail. They're back by the garden centre and Automaxx dealer. I've seen their work and in my opinion they're the best in Calgary. They do the frame off stuff all the time. They usually have a booth at the World of Wheels. Check them out. I've got a '69 Mach 1 that I'm doing the same thing to and I'd go to them if I wasn't doing it myself. If you don't know a lot about mustangs get someone who does to take a look at the car with you. They're awesome but 99.9% of the time they have more rust than you think in places you don't expect. Good luck though they're a sweet rig.

My Ride

thanks guys, still negotiating and checking things out. Seems ro have most of the parts for a new interior, the rest is pretty much in need of some care. Body looks straight except for the floor pans, and it comes with new ones to weld in.

06 F250 diesel.

Do it yourself. It's not hard, and you will learn tons.

I didn't know jack about cars when I restored my first car (total resto), like everyone else, you gotta start somewhere.

Also, not many shops do actual 'metal' work anymore, they would rather pop off the plastic bits, do insurance jobs etc. And the ones that do actual metal fabbing/rust repair work charge a mint for work you could do at home in your spare time.

Depends on what you want. And your personal point of view. I have more time than money, so I'll do it myself. Plus, I'll know excactly what I did right/wrong.

Watch out for 'fluff and buff.'

My Ride
    1988 T-Bird Sport

I would say that if the floor pans are shot you are most likely going to be doing torque boxes, seat platforms, trunk drop offs, inner wheel wells, frame rails, and aprons. These cars are absolutley brutal for rust.

My Ride

I would say that if the floor pans are shot you are most likely going to be doing torque boxes, seat platforms, trunk drop offs, inner wheel wells, frame rails, and aprons. These cars are absolutley brutal for rust.
    floor pans as I see are the only things that need it. It somes wiht the passenger side replacement. It is a south carolina car.

I would not use this car as a learner for me either.

06 F250 diesel.

My Ride
    Firebird

You're 100% right on. I've never seen a 'stang that only had rust in the floors. You're definitely looking at torque boxes and wheel wells and the frame is a good bet too especially on the tail end. Ford actually got sued over their cars during this era because their rust protection was lacking.

Having said that it's totally worth it to pick this car up. The fast backs are crazy hard to find so I would say unless you know what you're doing, leave this one to the pros cause this one deserves to be done right.

My Ride
    Whiney '02 WRX

Does anyone know if resto shops do import work? I have a 240 with a bit of rust and id like it to be done properly. Seems the old muscle car resto shops put the most pride in their work.

My Ride
    Firebird

Originally posted by Idratherbsidewayz
    Does anyone know if resto shops do import work? I have a 240 with a bit of rust and id like it to be done properly. Seems the old muscle car resto shops put the most pride in their work.

Are you talking a 70's 240 zx? They might look at one of those but if it's a later I doubt they'd wanna work on a rusty import. Your better off to just take it to a regular body shop. Guys who are serious muscle car restorers generally don't like to cross-contaminate.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast