Quantcast
Help me plan my road trip :: Calgary - Vancouver - San Fran - Sandiego - Vegas - Home - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Help me plan my road trip :: Calgary - Vancouver - San Fran - Sandiego - Vegas - Home

you should think about getting one of the stickers with both american and canadian flags together and stick it on your bumper.

My Ride
    92 Prelude 4ws

Originally posted by rmk
    you should think about getting one of the stickers with both american and canadian flags together and stick it on your bumper.
    uhh ..

costwise i havent priced it out .. say 40bux every 6hours of driving ... a tank of gas .. depending on where i go that can fluctuate.. so , say 120 to van, 160 to san fran/napa and driving around, another probably 220 by the time im down in socal, then up to vegas is only 3hours then another 23 hours home say about 160 .. so this totals up to: $660 CDN .. with fluctuations .. which isnt bad.

Then theres food, places to crash (I'm bringing a sleeping bag foamy and tent just in case I want to crash at a campground or sum'n). I haven't budgeted anything, all I know is I have enough .. gonna be a good time!
    DannyO

Oh yea, I also met Doris..

My Ride
    '99.5 2.0L Jetta What I ride: '05 Kona Stuff

Sounds like a kick-ass road trip!

When you are in San Francisco make sure to check out Alcatraz as well... it's for sure worth it
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    the bandwagon!

i've driven to oregon a couple of times from van! and the best thing to do is head down to portland and then to the coast from there! you really can't go to fast on the coast roads and it takes a LONGGG TIME to get around from city to city if you doing that route!

My Ride
    L-Tuned

Sounds like a fun trip. On you way home, the trip is pretty nice until you hit Salt Lake City. After that, it's boring as hell. Bring good music, and have tons of snacks and water for that leg of the trip. At times you'll drive quite a while before even seeing a gas station, a place to eat, or stay.

My Ride
    03' B6

man that'll be a killer trip for sure... how many people do you have going with you??

My Ride
    92 Prelude 4ws

So far its just me, one person inquired about tagging along but I'm plannin on driving my car solo.

I'm actually tonight going to try to map out some gas stations etc. Keep the advice coming guys, I appreciate it!

I got the mp3 player going and I'm going to be burning friends CD's and shit, gonna need a LOT of tuneage!!

I think I'll buy / return another digital camera for the trip as well, one thats quick to take to bars etc. High quality isnt needed what with such shitty light conditions I just need somethin more pocketable than my Nikon.

Once again, Thurs Mar 24 - Sunday April 3 is my anticipated plan!
    DannyO

My Ride
    pedals

sounds like fun, but i would plan for a couple more days so that you can enjoy the places you go to. 11 days isnt that much. the last couple days with the canyon and driving might be a bit tight. should should be able to get some route planning help at http://mappoint.msn.com/. its like mapquest but a bit better i think.

My Ride
    92 Prelude 4ws

Thanks HJR, I've already ruled out the grand Canyon.

The schedule above seems to hold steady, I'm going to get in touch with some of the socalprelude.com and bayareaprelude.com members and see if I can arrange a hotel party on the beach, should be grand!

I'm getting very very excited!
    DannyO

My Ride
    92 Prelude 4ws

I've lined up free accomodations for myself in Costa Mesa 5minutes away from the beach, buddies roommates are surfers and make boards so hopefully I can get some surfing in. RAWK!

I'm leaving next thursday at 7am so if anybody was interesting in tagging along best be letting me know now. I'm not sure where I'm going to stop first, I think I might go past seattle so I can beat the next day's rush hour .. Then I'm going to goto maybe Coos Bay to party and sleep for the night ...

After that, bay area (SanFran etc.) california .. check the golden gate bridge, some photo ops etc.

Maybe 2 days there, then costa mesa, I'lll eave on Friday or Saturday, goto vegas and spend some of Sunday there... then I'm driving home and planning to arrive in Calgary Monday or Tuesday ..hurray!

I'm sooo excited, I can't wait! countdown beings .. t minus 7 days ...
    DannyO

My Ride
    92 Prelude 4ws

Here's the rest of my schedule ::

Day1 : Thursday March 24 Depart Calgary, destination: Seattle .. or somewhere south of it to crash for the night. I'll be crossing the border south of Abbotsford, BC.

Day2 : Friday March 25 Get to highway 101, the whole premice of my road trip and cruise down, check the sea lion caves and do some other site seeing along the coast .. anybody else have any suggestions for things to see in Oregon ? I'll stay at Gold Beach in Oregon .. it'll be chilly but oh well, I hear theres a place that you can walk out on the beach on rocks and its like you're in the middle of the ocean when you walk as far as you can if you look straight ahead. It'll be night by the time I get there and really want to enjoy this so thats my tentative stay. It's 8 hours of driving, and more time sight seeing ... then again, I want to party so maybe gold beach can wait ... whats a good party town in south oregon ?

Day3 : Saturday March 26 Cali Time!! I'll be cruisin down 101 s'more and going into NoCali, I want to drive through a tree ... I should look into that, somewhere in the redwood forest .. I had an invitation from a guy here to go paintball on the 27th but haven't heard back from him .. so I don't know if that'll happen ... I want a prelude meet in Bay Area on this day!! 7-8 hours of driving.

Day4 :
    Sight seeing! hurray! All day Sunday the 27th ..and a prelude meet, if there hasnt been one yesterday. I'll depart to go South of LA when I'm done and maybe stay the night somewhee and start early the next day to get there .. 7-8 hours if I take the coast highway ( #1 ? ), not sure I will though ..

Day 5 : I'll be in Costa Mesa one oway or another today .. it's Monday the 28th and I have 7 days left to get home .. party time w/ Lucke and MidnKight and whoever else ... SoCal Prelude meet?

Day 6 : Tuesday the 29th : I want to do sight seeing shopping and try and get in some surfing, I'll bring my rollerblades and try my game at some cali hunnies on the beach.

Day 7 : Wednesday the 30th : S'more party time. There's speak of a rave in Beverly Hlls, I'm down for that so maybe I'll take a drive to Las Vegas instead of hitting it on my way home. Whose coming to Vegas ??

Day 8 : Thursday 31st ... Viva las vegas ? and back to Costa Mesa Friday for this party in Bev Hills .. yea that sounds about right.

Day 9 : Friday April 1 ... Back to costa mesa, party time.

Day 10 : April 2 .. nurse a hangover ? ..

Day 11 : April 3 .. Sunday - time to go home to Calgary .. Drive as far as I can in a day, There is a hostel in Driggs Idaho .. maybe to cross another state I'll pass the wyoming border and then go back and sleep. (12-14hours?)

Day 12 : April 4 Leave driggs.. pass through whitefish and hit a wicked highway drive to get back into Canada ... its not the common highway, I took it back in 2k2 in my 85 lude before I got my car now, it ruled. Let's see how 4ws, vtec and 3300lbs of me and my junk can master the road. (12-14hours?)

April 5 .. back at work
    Last edited by yohan4ws; 03-19-2005 at 05:45 PM.
    DannyO

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2