Quantcast
If your on Fido or Rogers, You can save some money - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: If your on Fido or Rogers, You can save some money

My Ride
    2010 GLK350 4MATIC, 2006 SLK350

Originally posted by Weapon_R
    Usually you have to renew
    Yea, when you have to renew your contract and you call in, a firm attitude and clever choice of words will make them your bitch. Tried and true

My Ride
    958.2 Cayenne Diesel

Originally posted by Kamen

Yea, when you have to renew your contract and you call in, a firm attitude and clever choice of words will make them your bitch. Tried and true
    Not always though, I am on month 11 of my 24 month contract, no renewal.
    Originally posted by arian_ma
    your stomach is full of sulfuric acid

My Ride
    Cutlass Coupe

^^ yes but does not this new contract start after this one is up?

My Ride
    2011 Audi TTs

mmm they gave me 50 bonus minutes per month for a year, no extra contract...i guess thats not bad...

My Ride
    Pimp Mobile

Originally posted by soupey
    mmm they gave me 50 bonus minutes per month for a year, no extra contract...i guess thats not bad...
    shit i need something like that, im always going over...tell me what u said? i spoke with the guy and he is like i cant do shit....

My Ride
    2011 Audi TTs

i told em that i lost bonus minutes because they stopped offering bonus minutes for having automatic billing set up wit my credit card, just ask for all your options without having to renew your contract...its not too bad...pm me wit ur number and ill tell u what i said over the phone...make sure u have the post above with the telus details on u too, rogers has set up plans that are competitive wit telus that they try making u take...they WILL give u stuff without contract as long as your not looking for a new phone, im pretty sure if u bitch about not having as many minutes as b4 when they used to give u free minutes for automatic billing...they will prolly give u minutes like they gave me...

My Ride
    750Li

as far as FIDO you should all look into a new release from about 2 weeks ago, FIDO has raised their pricing 3 times since rogers take over, as of march 1st, roaming will be 50 cents a minute, even if your on the rogers network, no more unlimited calling, and the smallest weakest network available.....

just my two cents
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    Upass

I'm a non-contracted fido subscriber and just noticed the telus offer and it does seem really good. After doing all the calcuations its actually cheaper then if I stay on my current fido plan (rufly $26/month after all is said and done, its the 20/200 plan), anyways I'm gonna call fido tommorow and tell them I want to cancel and see what they offer. I have no problems if they offer me nothing and do indeed cancel, because I would just take up telus' offer. But if fido offers better Ill stay with them. I brought this up with my dad, and he has been looking at family plans, but they seem to really suck with on 100 anytime minutes and then crap load like 2500 minutes between the two family phones which is to exessive for us so they dont really work. My questions are
    1. What are the best family plans, and can we get more then 3 phones, or are they only offered as pairs.
    2. If I end up with fido Im gonna want a new phone, Is the t637 one of the better phones, if not which ones are better then it, and can I even ask for a t637 on fido, because I know its only available on rogers/fido, but they dont even have it on their site, so I am alittle confused.
    3. I couldnt find it on fido's site, but does fido offer family plans. If not do you think they will offer something similar?
    I know alot of these questions will be anwsered when I call tomorow, but it would be nice to know some info before, so im not talking a bunch of crap to the rep and actually have some facts.

For those of you with Rogers and Fido phones, you can switch to telus if you are not happy with what you company will offer, take the free phone and free year of service from telus then after the 1 year switch to which ever plan you want including family plans if you dont want to pay the $45/month... Although the $45 per month does give you 700 mins and unlimited evenings and weekends or you can take the $25 plan which gives you unlimited incoming calls. And as an added bonus, you now have more coverage in canada.... makes sense to me...
    Last edited by Dave; 02-23-2005 at 12:27 AM.

My Ride
    S250T, 435ZHS

im am currently in a 2 year contract with fido. the $30/month unlimited nights/weekends, nights start at 5pm, 100weekday plan.
    i pay for the voicemail/call display, which like mentioned went up in price again.
    also a few of my friends are text message nazi's so my bill usually ends up between $45-$50 a month.
    you guys think i have any chacne at getting some text message deal and a reduction on voicemail/call display costs?

My Ride
    Wristshots

^how many more months are left on your contract ? you could probably get something or the other. giv em a call

My Ride
    Upass

which is the best phone to get from fido/rogers, and which is best phone to get off of telus. Also with the telus deal can you pick any phone or is it only the lg4600 and 6190?

I'm a non-contracted fido member as well, on the $25 unlimited incoming plan. I called in to cancel, and he offered me 50% off my current plan + a free phone (the Siemens C65 or the Sony Ericson T610). I wanted the V400 and I offered to sign to a contract for it and he was reluctant to give it out. And they don't offer the T637 at all apparently (T-im, how'd you get them to send you one?). But I've heard the T610 has terrible reception, on top of fido service that may not be the wisest decision. But losing my phone # by switching to telus would also suck, so I'm kinda confused as to what to do, anyone shed some light?

My Ride
    Wristshots

take wut fido is giving u , then sell ur current phone and the t610 and buy summin better.

I was considering that, but firstly I currently have a V60i. I'd have to pay someone to take this off my hands..and the T610 could maybe fetch me $100-$120. The T637 is still in the 200ish range, and I basically just don't have money to buy a new phone, so maybe I'll stick with the T610, I'm sure it's a ridiculously huge step up from a V60i, right?

My Ride
    2011 Audi TTs

Originally posted by BloodBaneZXY
    I'm a non-contracted fido member as well, on the $25 unlimited incoming plan. I called in to cancel, and he offered me 50% off my current plan + a free phone (the Siemens C65 or the Sony Ericson T610). I wanted the V400 and I offered to sign to a contract for it and he was reluctant to give it out. And they don't offer the T637 at all apparently (T-im, how'd you get them to send you one?). But I've heard the T610 has terrible reception, on top of fido service that may not be the wisest decision. But losing my phone # by switching to telus would also suck, so I'm kinda confused as to what to do, anyone shed some light?
    ive got a t616 and its reception is better than any previous phone ive ever had, duno where ur gettn taht info from...maybe jus a shitty phone,...t616's work better on rogers tho, 850 band..

My Ride
    2011 Audi TTs

Originally posted by BloodBaneZXY
    I was considering that, but firstly I currently have a V60i. I'd have to pay someone to take this off my hands..and the T610 could maybe fetch me $100-$120. The T637 is still in the 200ish range, and I basically just don't have money to buy a new phone, so maybe I'll stick with the T610, I'm sure it's a ridiculously huge step up from a V60i, right?
    yea it will be, for one, the t610 has bluetooth which is awesome if u take advantage of it, has a camera, and infrared, the midi ringtones on it seriously sound better than most other phones, that and with teh infrared or bluetooth, gettn pics and ringtones and any apps is really easy and FREE...so yea definately worth the upgrade.

My Ride
    S250T, 435ZHS

how do you get ringtones with bluetooth?

My Ride
    Germanrific - 1/4/5/6/A/C/E/R

Originally posted by cman
    how do you get ringtones with bluetooth?
    if you know anyone who downloads them or whatever, just get them to send it to you via bluetooth

My Ride
    Upass

so is it like imposible for fido to give out the t637? or is it that they dont want to, and are just giving out the t610 because its becoming outdated?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast