Quantcast
Booze that is best for you? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Booze that is best for you?

Default Booze that is best for you?

Or should I say what type of hard liqour is the least harmfull on your body? Im guessing regular beer and rye/whiskey would be bad ones. What about Vodka and so on?

Thanks
    1990 Poonstang
    1990 Sexplorer
    1967 Chevelle Panty Dropper
    2003 GMC SLE 1500HD Donkey Hauler
    2013 Ram Longhorn w/ a 6" lift and 35s
    2017 Nissan Maxima

My Ride
    Hemi, ZX6R

Vodka is the one liquor that gives you the least hang over. Whiskey is the worst.

Not sure what your going for, but that might help. I dont really remember the list, i know vodka was 10 (least), beer was (7), rum was (4), whiskey was (1).

Thats just the drink less likly to more likly to give you a hangover.

Ok thanks. I am also talking about which one is the worst for making you fat with calories/carbs and so on. And which one is opposite of that
    1990 Poonstang
    1990 Sexplorer
    1967 Chevelle Panty Dropper
    2003 GMC SLE 1500HD Donkey Hauler
    2013 Ram Longhorn w/ a 6" lift and 35s
    2017 Nissan Maxima

My Ride
    '92 RPS13

beer would probably since you gotta drink alot more to get drunk, with hard liquor, you can just make stronger drinks. As for which liquors are worse, I"m not to sure. I drink a 2/6 of rye or rum a weekend and so far no signs of a gut coming

My Ride
    2002 Toyota Corolla

i believe beer is the worst for gettin fat actually. unless you're drinking low carb piss beer, theres TON of carbs in beer, and gets your stomach huge in no time. why do you think they call it a "beer belly"

My Ride
    Cutlass Coupe

ya best stick to water mixed with ground barely

My Ride
    '92 RPS13

lol thats one tasty drink. If you want something good with no hangover, go for a Vodka, Cranberry and Water. You can drink alot, and no hangover. Plus a shot of vodka a day keeps the doctor away.

My Ride
    '99.5 2.0L Jetta What I ride: '05 Kona Stuff

With absolutely everything, it's all about moderation.

If you go out a couple times a week for a beer with your buddies, it's not really going to have a huge negative impact on you. If you go out getting crunk every weekend then you are packing a lot of carbs into your body.

The biggest negative concern about alcohol for me is that it's a diuretic in that it takes water out of your muscles and puts it into your blood stream. Make sure to at least equal if not exceed your water consumption with your alcohol consumption.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

Originally posted by habsfan
    i believe beer is the worst for gettin fat actually. unless you're drinking low carb piss beer, theres TON of carbs in beer, and gets your stomach huge in no time. why do you think they call it a "beer belly"
    myth.

Professional DJ equipment for sale: Click Here

My Ride
    2009 Elantra Touring

I like red wine - lots of anti-oxidants, and it tastes good. Fucks ya up too

My Ride
    honda

something hard and diet

jack and diet

My Ride
    H-D 883 XLH

my best advice is pick something really shitty then don't drink too much of it.

Originally posted by Wildcat

myth.
    actually its not a myth, beer is very bad for u (calorie wise), becuase when your body digests, and metabolizes beer it turns it into sugar, lots of sugar, which later turns into fat if u don't burn the energy....its due to the high "glycemic index" of beer

Originally posted by jaysas_63

actually its not a myth, beer is very bad for u (calorie wise), becuase when your body digests, and metabolizes beer it turns it into sugar, lots of sugar, which later turns into fat if u don't burn the energy....its due to the high "glycemic index" of beer
    um no. find me a reputable link that directly correlates beer with waist size. the "beer belly" is a product of an unhealthy lack of exercise, nothing more.

Professional DJ equipment for sale: Click Here

My Ride
    2009 Elantra Touring

I don't know what to say about beer, but having made it from scratch several times, I will say that its basically a sugar/water mixture that's partially fermented. When you make beer you're usually aiming for between 4-6% alchohol, the rest of the sugar is still in the solution unfermented. If you were to take flat beer and pour it you'd find its almost like syrup because of the amount of sugar in it. With that said though, it might not be such a bad thing if you want a big hit of calories however if you're watching carbs, I don't think beer would be a good choice. I don't know if its different for store bought beers

My Ride
    '99.5 2.0L Jetta What I ride: '05 Kona Stuff

um no. find me a reputable link that directly correlates beer with waist size. the "beer belly" is a product of an unhealthy lack of exercise, nothing more.

The correct association is that beer has a high amount of carbs, which raises your body fat percentage, and most people carry the majority of they're fat in their stomachs.

It would just as appropriate to call it chip-belly, fast food-belly, or pop-belly.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

Originally posted by jaysas_63

where did i talk about the beer belly....i was commenting on the fact that beer is not healthy in that it will increase ur body fat levels, if u don't burn off the energy

and if u want evidence that beer does relate to high sugar levels, then i'll be more than happy to get some artcilces from my uni's med databases.....

Originally posted by hockeybronx

The correct association is that beer has a high amount of carbs, which raises your body fat percentage, and most people carry the majority of they're fat in their stomachs.

It would just as appropriate to call it chip-belly, fast food-belly, or pop-belly.
    thats exactly what i was saying, hight carbs = high body fat levels (if u don't burn the carbs)

Originally posted by 1badPT
    I don't know what to say about beer, but having made it from scratch several times, I will say that its basically a sugar/water mixture that's partially fermented. When you make beer you're usually aiming for between 4-6% alchohol, the rest of the sugar is still in the solution unfermented. If you were to take flat beer and pour it you'd find its almost like syrup because of the amount of sugar in it. With that said though, it might not be such a bad thing if you want a big hit of calories however if you're watching carbs, I don't think beer would be a good choice. I don't know if its different for store bought beers
    no man ur absolutley right.....almost all teh carbs ur body digests from beer, are in the form of sugars

on a side note...how did the beer come out??

My Ride
    2009 Elantra Touring

My first batch was horrible lol It could make a stray dog gag

The second batch turned out good, and my last batch was perfect. I use kits but I don't follow the instructions to the letter anymore.

My Ride
    '09 STi

i used to go and party 3 days a week, and train 3 days a week. i noticed that i wasnt showing any improvements. obviously, anything i gained would be lost by sunday if i hit it thursday, friday, and saturday.

i did this for a month, now i have decided not to drink and party as much anymore, saturday was my last night. hopefully i see some good gains!

on the other hand, before I would go out at night, i would try to do some cardio or weight training to help balance out what i would do at night.

or you can do it in moderation, but i would rather not just do it at all.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast