Quantcast
Corrosion Fix Up - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Corrosion Fix Up

My Ride
    E36 M3

Default Corrosion Fix Up

I am starting the long, and likely expensive process of having my '94 325 IS overhauled....I want it like new in the next year or so.....

Anyways, I have already had some parts replaced, more getting replaced in March (tranny cooler, fog light, air dam). On top of this, there is some minor corrosion that I want buffed out/gotten rid of. It hasn't gone throught the metal yet, and is still very small in size. Can anyone suggest a good place to have this done, and a ballpark figure for how much it will cost? No panels have to be replaced, you can hardly see the corrosion. I just want to fix it before it becomes a BIG, not to mention noticeable, problem.
    Nick at BMW Calgary told me that they own T&T Honda, and that is where BMWs go for body work. I am hesitant to use T&T because I have NEVER heard anything good about them, on Hondas nor BMWs.

Thanks!

My Ride
    335i

Chances are, it's already big. You just can't see it yet.

To properly fix it, however, you will need to cut out the panel that you are repairing, weld on a new piece of sheetmetal, and paint over it. Not an easy or cheap process, nor is it guaranteed to stop the rust.
    Original Post NAZI Moderated

Originally posted by r3cc0s
    Felon or Mistermeiner

I'm pretty sure T&T honda sources their work to Contemporary Coachworks.

My Ride
    2002 BMW 330ci

Default Re: Corrosion Fix Up

Originally posted by robpark
    I am starting the long, and likely expensive process of having my '94 325 IS overhauled....I want it like new in the next year or so.....

Anyways, I have already had some parts replaced, more getting replaced in March (tranny cooler, fog light, air dam). On top of this, there is some minor corrosion that I want buffed out/gotten rid of. It hasn't gone throught the metal yet, and is still very small in size. Can anyone suggest a good place to have this done, and a ballpark figure for how much it will cost? No panels have to be replaced, you can hardly see the corrosion. I just want to fix it before it becomes a BIG, not to mention noticeable, problem.
    Nick at BMW Calgary told me that they own T&T Honda, and that is where BMWs go for body work. I am hesitant to use T&T because I have NEVER heard anything good about them, on Hondas nor BMWs.

Thanks!
    Actually, Calgary BMW has the same owner as Calgary Honda and they are right beside each other. T and T Honda is in the NE and is not in any way, shape or form connected to the Dilawri Group of companies.

I should know, I worked for both companies.

JE

My Ride
    E36 M3

Whoops, yeah....Calgary Honda..... Sorry....
    Either way....I am looking for ways to take care of it before it becomes a problem....

I have the paint and clearcoat to seal......but I want to do more than just paint over it and then seal with clearcoat....

I figure professional workers can do much better than I....

Rob.