Quantcast
Fedex Ground Customs Broker - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Fedex Ground Customs Broker

My Ride
    L-Tuned

Default Fedex Ground Customs Broker

I have 3 fairly large packages coming from the USA. With all the UPS horror stories, I decided to use Fedex Ground instead. However, this service does not provide customs clearance. Fedex says they can recommend one if necessary but I'm not sure what motivates them to recommend one over the other. Since I might not be available to clear the packages myself, does anyone have any recommendations for a good broker that doesn't charge outrageous fees?

My Ride
    V167

there was a thread posted by z_fan a while ago regarding the whole clearing process, it does not seem that difficult, I'll post a link once I get home or just do a search for "brokerage" or "customs" or something...it was the big thread about how to avoid being charged brokerage by UPS. Same process would apply for fedex I guess and you would save some $$.

My Ride
    L-Tuned

I've cleared packages myself in the past and the process is rather easy, just time consuming. I was afraid I wouldn't be able to have the time in the next few days to do it so I was looking for a broker. Strange however, the packages arrived at my doorstep this morning. Not quite sure how it cleared customs since the Fedex Ground Int'l service from USA to Canada specifically indicates customs clearance services are not provided.

At least I got my stuff, LOL.

My Ride
    '67 Camaro

FedEx Ground does provide brokerage services. You will probably get a bill in the mail in the next few days unless the sender said it was a gift. They charge about $40 for this plus another $5 or so if they pay any duty or GST on your behalf.
    driving through the hours with an old friend at your side

My Ride
    '21 F150 Lariat Nardo Grey

Yeah, my lights were shipped Fedex Ground from San Francisco and it was delivered to my house. Got a bill a week later for their fees.

My Ride
    2000 Honda Civic Coupe

I deal with customs brokers as a big part of my job. I'd be happy to recomend a few good ones if you're still trying to find one.
    Last edited by JC Civic; 02-25-2005 at 03:36 PM.

My Ride
    2017 Golf TSI

I don't see where it says they do not have a customs broker for you.
    I've had about 40 packages shipped here from the US, they always have their own broker, and they always rip you off.

I just had a few very expensive packages show up that were shipped UPS.
    I'm trying to figure out how to clear my own ground packages. I know you can do it with air packages, but not with ground?...
    Originally posted by Vagabond142
    Is the best game. Ever. In everness. It is more awesome than a robot caveman punching God in the dick. It is that awesome

My Ride
    325i

Their customs broker is FedEx Trade Networks and aren't too bad, though they did forgot about my package once . Ended up waiting another month for them to find it in their customs warehouse.

I got billed three years ago by AAA Customs Brokers when I received a package by FedEx Ground. Total bill was about $160, of which $45 was the brokerage fee and the rest was GST.

My Ride
    Subway / Rav4

I am ordering some springs from North Carolina. Asked the rep to email me shipping specs from NC to Calgary. Heres the email:

Ship From: 28027, UNITED STATES
    Ship To: T3A-5P4, CANADA
    Shipment Date: Tuesday, March 15, 2005
    Bill to UPS Account: Yes
    Total Shipment Weight: 25 lbs.
    Drop-off / Pickup: Daily Pickup - I have a daily UPS pickup
    Address Type: Residential
    Number of Packages: 1
    Packaging: Your Packaging
    Customs Value: 200.00 USD
    Duty Type: 03 - Low value
    Currency: USD

Package Information

Package 1
    Weight: 25 lbs.
    Dimensions: Not Entered
    Declared Value: 200 USD

Guarantees and Notices
    Subject to the Terms and Conditions of Service, services listed as guaranteed are backed by a money-back guarantee when services are paid for in full by a payee in the United States or Canada. See the UPS Rate and Service Guide for details. Certain commodities and high value shipments may require additional transit time for customs clearance.

Rates are estimates only based on Prepaid service.

Scheduled business days are revised occasionally due to changes in technology, distribution and volume. Service to some remote areas may require additional delivery days.

Duty types are provided as a convenience only and should not be relied upon by shippers or any other person.

Please Note: Shipping rates quoted are estimates based on the information you have supplied. Shipping rates do not include duties, taxes or other non-routine customs brokerage charges. Other shipping charges, surcharges or accessorial charges may apply and your final shipping charge may differ based on your shipper characteristics and the characteristics of, and services requested for, packages actually tendered to UPS. Rates quoted here are based on UPS published rates and do not include incentives or special programs. If you have specially negotiated rates, contact your UPS account executive for a rate quote. Please see the UPS Rate and Service Guide or similar guides or rate documents as may be applicable in your jurisdiction for details. Rates may vary at retail locations.

Thanks again!

Staff@
    toyotaparts4u.com
    All orders will be shipped by UPS unless size or weight will not allow.
    Please allow 3-5 business days for delivery after your order is placed.
    TRD parts that need to be ordered could take 4-6 weeks for delivery
    1)What does "Duty Type: 03 - Low value" mean?

2)If I get a corporate rate thru UPS can I overtake all shipping costs including Customs?

Thnx

"Having a war about religion is like having a fight over who's got the best invisible friend" - Yasser Arafat

My Ride
    Subway / Rav4

^^ anyone know?

"Having a war about religion is like having a fight over who's got the best invisible friend" - Yasser Arafat

My Ride
    2020 Subaru Forester Sport

low value = good, won't get raped as much, basicly same customs as for any other package you inport, 7% gst plus sevice fee of prolly like 5 bucks or so

My Ride
    2017 Golf TSI

FedEx and UPS have both told me that I cannot clear my own packages unless they are going via air. How is it that you did it?
    They told me I have to be at the port of entry into canada, which will either be in vancouver or somewhere in ontario for most ground packages.
    I will have a relatively high-value shipment coming in soon, so I would like to know how to dodge the brokerage fees.
    Originally posted by Vagabond142
    Is the best game. Ever. In everness. It is more awesome than a robot caveman punching God in the dick. It is that awesome

My Ride
    2020 Subaru Forester Sport

anyone knows the exact address of the customs office here in calgary? I got a package coming in on tuesday, its coming via con-way freight, i got it all aranged for self clearing, but i now need to plan out my route, so if anyone knows the exact address of canada customs office in calgary let me know, heard it was somewhere on the 32nd in the ne?