Quantcast
if you had to choose. which one would u buy.. - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

View Poll Results: which one you like better in terms of price/performance/quality.

Voters
59. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hyundai Tiburon GT ( approx 26k)

6 10.17%
  • Toyota Celica GT TRD-edition ( the new 03' TRD edition, approx 28k)

11 18.64%
  • Acura RSX Premium ( approx 28k)

16 27.12%
  • Honda Accord Coupe EX-L ( approx 29k)

9 15.25%
  • Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V ( Approx 26k)

17 28.81%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: if you had to choose. which one would u buy..

My Ride
    Brick Type R, SC AW11, Alcyone

Originally posted by SilverRex
    yo what about the new Mazda Speed protege turbocharged?
    underpowered and overpriced...

Hmm... the SE-R spec V is not bad bang for buck, but it seems to lead away from the coupes listed in the list.
    omgwtfbbq

Accord. Really like the look of the new coupe and with 240hp that car would fly.
    You start with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck.

My Ride
    a wrx.

Originally posted by 5.9 R/T
    Accord. Really like the look of the new coupe and with 240hp that car would fly.
    u should wait for the 6 speed coupe to come out

My Ride
    X3 3.0, CLK500, FZR600

i chose assuming its with the 6speed
    Listen fam, she had a big rack of lamb
    And they caused mad problems like math exams
    Ask my man, her tits caused traffic jams

My Ride
    06 RX8 SE

the EX-L is not V6 and therefore no 6speed ( plus its not available yet)

Originally posted by Stratus_Power
    the EX-L is not V6 and therefore no 6speed ( plus its not available yet)
    Then I change my vote to the tibby.
    You start with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck.

My Ride
    a wrx.

Then I change my vote to the tibby.
    why? sure it has a v6 and a 6 speed....but its what c&d calls a rough, raucous v6 that strains but doesnt deliver and a rubbery shifter with long throws.....

i think paying the few extra grand for an rsx-s would be worth it. a way smoother revving engine that puts out more power, and a 6 speed to write home about.

Originally posted by Jeff TYPE R
    why? sure it has a v6 and a 6 speed....but its what c&d calls a rough, raucous v6 that strains but doesnt deliver and a rubbery shifter with long throws.....

i think paying the few extra grand for an rsx-s would be worth it. a way smoother revving engine that puts out more power, and a 6 speed to write home about.
    But the s is an 8 grand premium over any of the cars listed here. Sure the rsx is more refined, and the celica has better quality, but the tib has more power then both. I don't really consider the spec V in this catagory since it's a 4 door. I wouldn't get such a common vehicle as the rsx or celica in base or mid trim levels, it wouldn't make any sense to me.

My Ride
    06 RX8 SE

you guys probably can tell there is a price limit.. sure i can add a few grand to get a RSX-S.. then add a few mroe grand to get a V6 Accord, then add another few more grand to get a GTS celica.. then why not get a WRX.. why not add another few more to get a S2000.. you cant...

My Ride
    a wrx.

But the s is an 8 grand premium over any of the cars listed here. Sure the rsx is more refined, and the celica has better quality, but the tib has more power then both. I don't really consider the spec V in this catagory since it's a 4 door. I wouldn't get such a common vehicle as the rsx or celica in base or mid trim levels, it wouldn't make any sense to me.
    ok, well lets stick to the base models then. the tibby has about 20 hp advantage on the other cars. but so what? have u ever driven one? i cant say i have, but ive been for a ride in one when they first came out. the first thing i noticed was how the doors closed...felt worse than a neon! driving, the interior noise was horrible, like a continuous "whaahhhhnnnnnnnn", the suspension seemed overly stiff, while doing little to keep the wheels in contact with the road when going over bumps. the engine was brash and rough. heres what c&d had to say about the tibby.
    the Hyundai has more steering wiggles in response to power than the others. Otherwise, the steering is lifeless and lacking in the feel of precision that makes a great sporting car. The gearbox requires heavy effort; trucks are easier to shift these days. The lever motion is trusty. We always grabbed the right gear. But the action is not fun.

The engine lacks thrills, too. It peaks fairly low, far below the 6500-rpm redline, and offers no encouragement above 5000.
    (oh geez im turning into mikko) anyway, i think that you are giving up A LOT for 20 extra hp. like geez, if u dont care about the rest of the driving experience and only want the hp....do it the right way and buy a stang!

oh yea, outof curiousity, why didnt u include the turbo beetle, stratus_power?

My Ride
    Acura Lexus

I would buy the Premium White Pearl RSX Type S! Add in the factory body kit and Type R spoiler and go to Speed Tech Racing Development and pick up the set of Recaro Seats! Mmmm.....now we be talking
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    '15 GTI

-spec v is your best bet...its the most top of the line for the price??
    -tiburon is well...a tiburon, i was thinking perhaps the V6 and 6-speed maybe was good, apparently not
    -Celica GT w/ TRD...isnt that an oxymoron? why would TRD put pieces on a GT? the more or less base model of the celica, its probably just a body kit for an extra 2-3 grand
    -RSX, again youre paying for more, but not the most, and in the end the money spent on "premium" could have been better spent for the same power and handling car
    -accord...its an accord, i've never found these cars to be too inspiring

My Ride
    a wrx.

Originally posted by three.eighteen.
    -RSX, again youre paying for more, but not the most, and in the end the money spent on "premium" could have been better spent for the same power and handling car
    -accord...its an accord, i've never found these cars to be too inspiring
    how can u say that the accord has the same power and handling as an rsx?

sure, theyre both 160hp, but hte similarities end there. the accord usesa 2.4l engine vs a 2.0l engine. the accord engine is torquey and designed for smoothly pulling a big 3200+ lbs car. the rsx weighs more than 500 lbs less. the rsx and accord use a different suspension setup. 4 dbl wishbone on the accord, and front macs/rear dbl wishbones on the rsx. if an rsx and an accord went head to head in any sort of race, whether 1/4 mile or autocross, the rsx would dust the accord no problem.

My Ride
    400whp MR2 - An Italian and a couple of Germans

go with the spec v...17inch rims, lsd, 6 speed, killer factory stereo, 170hp is it or 175? great handling car and will definitaly hold its value...
    Looking for a new VW? How about a used vehicle? We are Central Albertas #1 source for pre-owned vehicles
    I will beat any deal on a new VW for beyonders

Gary Moe Volkswagen/Gary Moe Used Car Superstore!

Red Deer, AB

My Ride
    A l337 chair

RSX Type-S - $32,200.00

You're getting more displacement, HP, and lots of other goodies..

As for max_boost's plan for an RSX, I too agree twould be sweet. You could have the Recaro seats for the summer, and when it gets cold in winter put in the heated leather seats.

My Ride
    06 RX8 SE

oh yea, outof curiousity, why didnt u include the turbo beetle, stratus_power?
    thats because i just cant see myself driving one ;P
    well im not actually even considering buying any of these.. I know i will be getting a car this coming summer.. and im not sure what kind of budget i will be working with.. so i was wondering IF I have like 26-28k nish budget and NOT allow to get used car... which would be a good choice..
    Last edited by Stratus_Power; 12-25-2002 at 09:13 PM.

My Ride
    '15 GTI

how can u say that the accord has the same power and handling as an rsx?

sure, theyre both 160hp, but hte similarities end there. the accord usesa 2.4l engine vs a 2.0l engine. the accord engine is torquey and designed for smoothly pulling a big 3200+ lbs car. the rsx weighs more than 500 lbs less. the rsx and accord use a different suspension setup. 4 dbl wishbone on the accord, and front macs/rear dbl wishbones on the rsx. if an rsx and an accord went head to head in any sort of race, whether 1/4 mile or autocross, the rsx would dust the accord no problem.
    i didnt say that, i said i dont like the idea of 'premium' RSX w/o extra hp and that i just dont like accords

My Ride
    a wrx.

Originally posted by three.eighteen.

i didnt say that, i said i dont like the idea of 'premium' RSX w/o extra hp and that i just dont like accords
    hah ok, i just reread your post....on my screen, the way the window is sized makes it look like ure comparing the rsx to the accord ie

-RSX, again youre paying for more, but not the most, and in the end the money spent on "premium" could have been better spent for the same power and handling car-accord..
    my bad

My Ride
    chev lumina 3.1L

Spec V all the way baby
    "God Rested On The 7th Day Cuz He Raced Me On The 6th"

My Ride
    Mercedes-Benz C 32 AMG

spec v would be mine

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast