Quantcast
The Beast 666 (A Movie) - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: The Beast 666 (A Movie)

Default The Beast 666 (A Movie)

Its bound to be a controversial movie. For a fundamentalist christian like myself, i know i will be waiting to see how this movie pans out with anticipation.

Its a movie that is based on the fact that Jesus Christ NEVER existed. It will be released on 6-6-06

Official Movie Site

looks kinda interesting and i'm definately going to want to see how it turns out also. To bad the release date is so far away.
    PSN: DeceitfulWings
    XBL: DeceitfulWings

Hmm...that is gonna meet some feirce opposition, especially down south. I dont think much good could come from this, whenever people try to get facts mixed with entertainment it usually just leads to some bad arguments and alot of trouble.
    Originally posted by BlueGoblin
    I have been on the pointy end of a few sticks...

My Ride
    '08 F150: 1956 Olds Super 88

Originally posted by DEREK57
    Hmm...that is gonna meet some feirce opposition, especially down south. I dont think much good could come from this, whenever people try to get facts mixed with entertainment it usually just leads to some bad arguments and alot of trouble.
    I hate to be a nag Derek, but the only thing I could find on that website that could be proven as "fact" was that part of Christianity was developed through coersion (ie: Easter)
    Maybe I'm mistaken in what I interpreted your meaning to be, but if you look into the birth of modern day Christianity, and more specifically the life of Constantine (a pagan, by the way) you'll see what I mean. I interpreted your post as saying that the bible is fact, and the rest is entertainment, I apologize if this is not what you meant, but if that is what you're saying, you've got it a little backwards.

Kris
    Founding member of the Leave-Me-Alone-atarian party of Canada.

Originally posted by TKRIS

I hate to be a nag Derek, but the only thing I could find on that website that could be proven as "fact" was that part of Christianity was developed through coersion (ie: Easter)
    Maybe I'm mistaken in what I interpreted your meaning to be, but if you look into the birth of modern day Christianity, and more specifically the life of Constantine (a pagan, by the way) you'll see what I mean. I interpreted your post as saying that the bible is fact, and the rest is entertainment, I apologize if this is not what you meant, but if that is what you're saying, you've got it a little backwards.

Kris
    Well I didnt neccessarily look at the rest of the website, however I am now. But the basis seems to be someone discovering the ultra-evil conspiracy about Jesus not existing.

I dont mean that the Bible is merely fact and everything is entertainment, I mean that this movie will unjustly convince people in the name of entertainment and sensationalism. Its happened many times, recent examples are Farenheit 9/11. A very iffy 'documentary' that makes sensationalist claims and gets its side of the message out, yet movies like 'Farenhype 9/11', which most likely have as much distinct truth to them are passed over. Same thing with 'The DaVinci Code', Brown makes sensationalist claims, in which he takes a few slivers of truth and pads them with fiction. Even though he admits this, many people hold to the book as it is the result of the most accurate study of Biblical history, when it is truely nothing more than a Tom Clancy version of Biblical history. That too has a ton of books refuting basically everyone of its claims with historic evidence, yet very few people care because its not a sensationalist claims, and isnt exciting or new.

Im not a biblical scholar, or a history major by any means, but I have done a little bit of self-motivated research into claims about Jesus not existing, and as far as I have seen there are plenty of arguments that at first glance can be made, yet through closer looks they are quite easily refuted. This is the problem with a movie like this, it will entertain, make a few sensationalist claims that people consider truth, and then thats all people will hear.

Ps. I'd like to hear your reasoning for saying Constantine was a pagan if thats alright.

My Ride
    2011 Audi TTs

that trailer looked pretty weak (homemade) to me, i guess we gotta wait til something a bit more revealing comes out, i watched constantine and thought it was kindve a bit too preacher ish at some points, well not that they were trying to convince you to believe in god and satan, but they sorta didnt leave ANY room at all for the possibility of other religions working with the mix...

this movie obviously cant make it that far, unless they make the catholic ppl who want to "suppress" the truth super crazy hardcore killers...i dont really understand where this movie wud go...

but anyways, never kno, might turn out good, jus gotta wait...06...so long