Quantcast
List Your Strength - List Your Weakness - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: List Your Strength - List Your Weakness

My Ride
    '99.5 2.0L Jetta What I ride: '05 Kona Stuff

Default List Your Strength - List Your Weakness

After reading through Jaymez's update thread I decided to make a strength/weakness thread where we could find the good and the bad in our fitness regimes. Often we complain about something we would like to change but we never really change it. Using this thead we can put our strengths into practice to improve our weaknesses.

My strength:
    - Definetely dedication - I know that without a doubt the answer to almost any minor thing in my life is to go workout. I have unlimited amounts of drive and determination, and that reflects on most aspects of my life.

My weakness:
    - My sleep routine - Too often I try to go to work after only having 4 hours of sleep, or stay up till 2:00am working out, or sleep for 14 hours straight. A better sleep schedule circling around 11:00pm- 7:30am would be beneficial to me physically but also in the productivity of my life.

Alright guys/girls, list em up!
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Weakness...

Lack of motivation... im lucky if (during the school year) I work out more than once a week for 1 1/2 hours. That and when im not at home in Calgary i eat very unhealthy.

My Strength...

My excellent metabolism... when i got back into Calgary LAST summer, it only took me a month (of three workouts a week) to get back in excellent shape. Hopefully THIS summer will be the same.

So all in all I need to work on making time for working out.

My Ride
    Boeing, Airbus

Strength - When I workout I have more intensity than anyone in the gym.

Weakness - Drinking pushes me off the wagon and I have a tough time getting back on.

My Ride
    94' Terd

My strength.

I have a list of short/long-term goals taped to the back of my bedroom door that not only include fitness, but golf and school as well. I'm so dedicated to those goals/dreams it's rediculous.

My weakness.

Belief in myself. I have all these goals but I sometimes doubt myself, whether I have a bad day on the golf course or in the gym.

My strengths: determination
    My weaknesses: I care too much about what others think of me.
    *edit* just reread the original post*
    my fitness regime consists of tyring to eat healthy and stay semi-active, I don't work out or train though.
    Last edited by abyss; 03-09-2005 at 11:21 AM.
    Success is the ultimate revenge.

strengths: my workout intensity, routine, knowledge.

weaknesses: school schedule, work, neglecting my legs.

Professional DJ equipment for sale: Click Here

My Ride
    2013 Longhorn Ram

Strenght: Determination, heart and intensity
    Weakness: Lack of any sort of motivation

Originally posted by SKR
    You know what, I'm such a ricer. More form than function, oversized exhaust, Japanese engine, and if I put the tailgate down it kind of acts as much like a wing as the picnic table wings the fast and furious guys are bolting to their cars.

ecstasy_civic is offline MMA guru, but still rage2's bitch
    My Ride
    08 Si

strengths- motivation, determination, maturity, good leader

weaknesses- my temper and attitude towards people I dont get along with.

Strengths: I'd like to think I use above average technique, pretty good knowlend of how to work out effectively and when I am working out I go hard.

Weaknesses: Motivation at times, and probably nutrition, although I have been doing well with nutrition over the last month I still go out boozin on weekends too much.
    Michael Scott: "Do I want to be feared or loved? Um... easy, both. I want people to be afraid of how much they love me."

My Ride

Originally posted by ecstasy_civic
    strengths- motivation, determination, maturity, good leader

weaknesses- my temper and attitude towards people I dont get along with.
    Uh yeah, before this thread turns into a self-help counselling session I would like to point out that I meant just in your fitness and workout committments.

Take all the other stuff to the Politics section.

ecstasy_civic is offline MMA guru, but still rage2's bitch
    My Ride
    08 Si

Originally posted by hockeybronx

Uh yeah, before this thread turns into a self-help counselling session I would like to point out that I meant just in your fitness and workout committments.

Take all the other stuff to the Politics section.
    Sorry Dr. Phil, you should be more specific when you create a thread like this.

In that case,

intensity, determination and confidence.

lack of interest sometimes, due to work schedule.

In that case,

It's in health and fitness
    Michael Scott: "Do I want to be feared or loved? Um... easy, both. I want people to be afraid of how much they love me."

My Ride

In that case,

Alright my bad man, I didn't mean to sound like an asshole. However there have been several of those "self help" threads and they go on forever, I just wanted this thread to stay within our workouts.

No worries

My Ride
    V167

Strength (health wise):
    - I have the determination to do what I have to do to get things done in my life and I'll do whatever it takes to succeed (basically talking about life in general) read on to weaknesses to see why this is bad for my health.

Weakness:
    - That being said, I don't workout/do physical activity worth shit during the school year. I have enough energy to do my work and I feel thats good enough....but its really not since I'm skinny as shit and could use an extra 20-25 lbs. I don't have the time to do shit when I'm so busy. Even eating is a chore sometimes.
    - Sleep: I never go to sleep before at least 12:30 any day of the week. Even if I'm tired I'll still stay up till at least that time.
    - Eating: Need to eat more times per day instead of just 3. I always wait till I'm literally dying from hunger before I eat which is not good IMO.
    -Water: umm wtf is water?? I need to drink 10x more.

Overall: not pleased with my health at the moment, could be 100x beter but what can you do, so many other things to worry about that I just don't care about staying fit.

My Ride
    starts with a screwdriver...

my strengths- determination, even if its just that one more rep when the arms are burning like hell. knowledge, i read and take in as much information as i can before i try a new exercise.

weakness- PROCRASTINATION! those days where you just say ah ill work out tomorrow or meaning to add a new exercise to your routine that you dont like and never doing it.
    I MAKE BALLER CARS MORE BALLER.....

My Ride
    03' Audi A4 Quattro

Strengths: Determination and sticking to something. I never cheat myself when I work out and I hate when people do. When you cheat yourself you're only postponing the inevitable. Do full pushups...do full reps...actually learn how to count to 10. Beign truthful to yourself and not cheating yourself is essential if you want to accomplish anything working out.

Weaknesses: I eat a meal before I go to bed just about every night. This is probably the absolute worst time to eat. I also tend to eat 3 big meals in a day rather than the recommended 5-6 small meals in order to help your metabolism.

Eating habits definitely need to be improved.

My Ride

Originally posted by SteveMo600
    Weaknesses: I eat a meal before I go to bed just about every night. This is probably the absolute worst time to eat
    Unless you are trying to lose fat I'd say before bed is a great time to eat. There are people on this forum who wake up half way through the night just to have a protein shake.

Maybe it is better to eat 30 minutes or so before bed, but still it gives your body some added nutrients to use up as it heals and regenerates itself while sleeping.

I usually have a shake 30 minutes before bed, and right when I get up in the morning.

My Ride
    03' Audi A4 Quattro

Originally posted by hockeybronx

Unless you are trying to lose fat I'd say before bed is a great time to eat. There are people on this forum who wake up half way through the night just to have a protein shake.

Maybe it is better to eat 30 minutes or so before bed, but still it gives your body some added nutrients to use up as it heals and regenerates itself while sleeping.

I usually have a shake 30 minutes before bed, and right when I get up in the morning.
    I really didn't know that. Maybe I won't change doing that. I kind of got into a routine of working out and then eating a meal right before I went to bed. I guess I'll continue to do that then . I found that was the only time I could fit in working out and I always get hungry around that time.

My Ride

Originally posted by SteveMo600
    I really didn't know that. Maybe I won't change doing that. I kind of got into a routine of working out and then eating a meal right before I went to bed. I guess I'll continue to do that then . I found that was the only time I could fit in working out and I always get hungry around that time.

I love the feeling of having a great workout, grabbing something quick to eat, then having a bath before going to bed.

My Ride
    Model 3 Performance

Strengths:
    Natural strength, good upper body genetics. I put on 40lbs of straight muscle without ever taking creatine, protein shakes, or any supplements, just a good diet of fruits & vegetables. I've had guys come up to me in the gym and ask me what I'm on and I honestly tell them "lots of fruit".

Weaknesses:
    Prone to lazy spells. I hate doing cardio so my body fat ratio isn't as good as it should be. My calves suck!!! No matter what I do I can't get them proportioned to the rest of my body.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast