Quantcast
Post / Pre Workout Meal - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Post / Pre Workout Meal

Default Post / Pre Workout Meal

Ok so im trying to get this firgured out. Right now pre workout i'm having a shake with juice/30g whey/fruit. So i think that seems right pre workout according to what i've been reading on bodybuilding.com . But what should i be having post workout. I really don't want to have another shake so can u guys let me know what I should be doing Pre and Post.

My Ride
    UA6

Default Re: Post / Pre Workout Meal

Originally posted by mix123
    Ok so im trying to get this firgured out. Right now pre workout i'm having a shake with juice/30g whey/fruit. So i think that seems right pre workout according to what i've been reading on bodybuilding.com . But what should i be having post workout. I really don't want to have another shake so can u guys let me know what I should be doing Pre and Post.
    have something that's high in protein, with moderate carbs and low fat. ie. chicken breast with steamed vegetables

This is early in the morning around 8:30...so something breakfast like would be nice...and if a shake is the way to go what should be in it

My Ride
    '99.5 2.0L Jetta What I ride: '05 Kona Stuff

In my opinion having something post-workout is a lot more important that pre-workout.

I eat something well-rounded (meat, with a side, and a vegetable or fruit) about 45 minutes before I workout, and then have a shake and a banana and some milk after my workout.

Post workout is definetely the most important time to be replenishing your body with nutrients so it can recover and build from your workout.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

what is your calorie intake per day?

these calculations are based on my routine.. just an example..

say for example i take in 2500 calories.. i will need 94g of carbs in that meal with 63g of protein.. these carbs should be simple carbs (ie grape juice, apple, banana etc. etc. as opposed to complex which would b bread, bagel, rice, pasta etc etc.)...

the ideal time is to consume the pre workout 60-120 minutes before a workout (ideal time is 90 minutes).. and for post workout it within 30 minutes of ur workout..

i eat the same thing for pre/post...
    I know you don't smoke weed. I know this. But I'm gonna git you high today. 'cause it's Friday, you ain't got no job, and you ain't got shit to do!

My Ride
    DC2

Tuna works well, I eat a can of tuna after every mean. I have also heard from a lot of people that if you work out at night, take a slower release protein to repair your muscles while you sleep

you should have tuna in moderation.. high levels of tuna fish, over a long period, haev been known to cause mercury poisoning in some. but the impoact of significant comsumption varies based on individual...
    I know you don't smoke weed. I know this. But I'm gonna git you high today. 'cause it's Friday, you ain't got no job, and you ain't got shit to do!

My Ride
    DC2

What mercury???? thats crazy!! damn fishes ha ha

My Ride
    2009 Elantra Touring

Originally posted by Dope Dealer
    you should have tuna in moderation.. high levels of tuna fish, over a long period, haev been known to cause mercury poisoning in some. but the impoact of significant comsumption varies based on individual...
    http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.p...threadid=68842

My Ride

That's complete crap in my opinion. Although I realize that you did say "high levels". I think a "high level" would have to consist of like 2 or 3 cans a day.

If he's having a can after every workout he's going to be okay, it's just another thing for everybody to be affraid of.

Originally posted by hockeybronx

That's complete crap in my opinion. Although I realize that you did say "high levels". I think a "high level" would have to consist of like 2 or 3 cans a day.

If he's having a can after every workout he's going to be okay, it's just another thing for everybody to be affraid of.
    Yeah I'm not talking like 4 a week or something. I know a guy that used to eat 5-6 cans a day... His levels were slightly raised.. but also know someone who only ate 1-2 a day and his levels were not normal.. he stopped eating it and the levels subsided.. it all depends on the individual I guess... Needless to say the guy who ate 6 cans a day no longer does so..

Just don't treate tuna or any deep sea fish as your primary protein source.
    Last edited by Dope Dealer; 03-13-2005 at 11:18 PM.

My Ride

Yeah I'm not talking like 4 a week or something. I know a guy that used to eat 5-6 cans a day...

Just don't treate tuna or any deep sea fish as your primary protein source.
    Agreed.