Quantcast
SOMEONE USING BEYOND TO SCAM ON EBAY!!! - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: SOMEONE USING BEYOND TO SCAM ON EBAY!!!

Originally posted by canadian_hustla

- - - On another note, they should ban his IP from ebay for good, these scammers sometimes ruin the reputation of the ebay marketplace - - -

so many scammers on ebay though, some fags sell fake cars and rip off people thousands, luckly this guy was only doing shitty little things and didnt even get away with it.

My Ride
    6.7 CUMMINS, E50 AMG

Originally posted by canadian_hustla
    lol I check all his auctions about 5 min ago, they were working.. I go to refresh and find this:

"Invalid Item
    This listing (XXXXXXXXX) has been removed by eBay or is no longer available. Please make sure that you've entered the item number correctly.
    "

own3d, apparently ebay thought it was a scam too. They are pretty quick too, very impressive and comforting
    this too

No longer a registered user

: takes a bow :

unfortunatly there is nothing stoping this guy from doing it again
    Machining, Fabricating, Welding etc.

My Ride
    **SEQUOIA**

yeah no doubt, but look how fast that worked! I would never buy from a shaddy dealer with 0 feedback like that regardless if it was a good deal or not, it just isn't worth it

My Ride
    Jeep of Theseus

Maybe Rage2 should contact Ebay and get the guy's IP address so we can figure out who it was on Beyond. Then he can be IP banned from here as well!

My Ride
    325i

^ that would be great but ebay is seriously impossible to get ahold off. When I got ripped off it was a nightmare.

My Ride
    6.7 CUMMINS, E50 AMG

i mentioned that in my email but i doubt ebay would give it out
    Machining, Fabricating, Welding etc.

My Ride
    2000 Jetta

Originally posted by Carfanman
    Thats legitimate. Hes buying something and selling it for a profit, nothing wrong with that. If your selling something you dont have control over what the buyer does with it. What about all those people who buy stuff at yard sales and sell it on ebay (which I plan on doing as soon there are some local ones), is that wrong? Jack up the prices if you want, but then you wont sell it. Is it really worth it just to stop him from making money that you wouldnt have made anyway?

If Im making a mistake and hes doing something that is actually illegal, let me know.

Also, wont bidding higher just help him?

Originally posted by Shampoo Suicide
    In my opinion this guy is just a good business man. Everyone is getting their money and their product so whats the big deal?

Originally posted by Shampoo Suicide

How do you know he didnt buy the turbo?

Anyways I'm not an eBay expert, but from an ethical stand point if everyone is getting what they want then I don't see it as a scam.
    Wow, people need to think and learn how to read.

Interesting.

I have to comment though, as a Finance major what he is trying to do is called arbitrage.

1.) You short an asset (ie. you sell 100 shares of Westjet at $3000 without even owning them)

2.) You net the proceeds of the sale.

3.) With the money you go and buy the asset to cover the short (ie. the 100 shares you borrowed from a buyer who is willing to sell them to you for $2500)

4.) You can even invest the $500 you make in a riskless investment to make the 2-3% you'd lose over the course of this strategy.

$500+ instant, riskless profit

Imagine this was a $3 Million, or $30 Million deal...

The only way this example fails is that there is risk involved in the seller closing deals with other people before you get a chance to buy them.

As much as many think this is a scam, let me give you an idea of what the investment houses are doing out there right now. There is currency rate arbitrage, and I've personally seen someone make tons of money from leveraging on a currency exchange difference of a fifth of a decimal place, ie. $0.00001 - In essence, this is an argument for why the markets are pretty efficient.
    Last edited by Smokem; 03-25-2005 at 06:57 PM.

My Ride
    I walk

Hwarang

My Ride
    325i

Originally posted by Smokem
    Interesting.

I have to comment though, as a Finance major what he is trying to do is called arbitrage.

1.) You short an asset (ie. you sell 100 shares of Westjet at $3000 without even owning them)

2.) You net the proceeds of the sale.

3.) With the money you go and buy the asset to cover the short (ie. the 100 shares you borrowed from a buyer who is willing to sell them to you for $2500)

4.) You can even invest the $500 you make in a riskless investment to make the 2-3% you'd lose over the course of this strategy.

$500+ instant, riskless profit

Imagine this was a $3 Million, or $30 Million deal...

The only way this example fails is that there is risk involved in the seller closing deals with other people before you get a chance to buy them.

As much as many think this is a scam, let me give you an idea of what the investment houses are doing out there right now. There is currency rate arbitrage, and I've personally seen someone make tons of money from leveraging on a currency exchange difference of a fifth of a decimal place, ie. $0.00001 - In essence, this is an argument for why the markets are pretty efficient.

there's quite a few of us finance guys here on Beyond (and other professions as well).. but thanx for the lesson.. hah.

My Ride
    1988 Suzuki Forsa VGA

I use to work for EBAY (Vancouver). My job was just to use google and search out EBAY scams, when we would find a post like this, we would cross reference it with the item being sold, then check the origin of the picture. we prefer if the seller was to use photobucket or similar photo link, as well as using un altered photo's. most ads have a digital watermark of which we have software to verify. If a watermark was found we would ask the seller to take a photograph of such item instead of copyright infringment. Occationally we got "I dont own a digital camera" then we would request that they get in writing permission to use such photo, and state in post that the Photo is from an AD, and that the item might not look exactly as posted.

We will ban users who fail to meet our expectations, or blatently ignore our guidelines, it doesn't happen often, but it does happen.

Unfortunately I was offered a better job @ higher pay, and the company folded shortly after I started. EBAY doesn't like employees that quit.

My Ride
    944 535xi F250

to the guys who defend the scamer ...you need a lesson in ethics ..you cannot sell what you do not OWN
    ninja trainers motto

always be able to kill your students

My Ride
    This and that.

Originally posted by pantharen
    I use to work for EBAY (Vancouver). My job was just to use google and search out EBAY scams, when we would find a post like this, we would cross reference it with the item being sold, then check the origin of the picture. we prefer if the seller was to use photobucket or similar photo link, as well as using un altered photo's. most ads have a digital watermark of which we have software to verify. If a watermark was found we would ask the seller to take a photograph of such item instead of copyright infringment. Occationally we got "I dont own a digital camera" then we would request that they get in writing permission to use such photo, and state in post that the Photo is from an AD, and that the item might not look exactly as posted.

We will ban users who fail to meet our expectations, or blatently ignore our guidelines, it doesn't happen often, but it does happen.

Unfortunately I was offered a better job @ higher pay, and the company folded shortly after I started. EBAY doesn't like employees that quit.
    How do i get a job with ebay?

My Ride
    1988 Suzuki Forsa VGA

Originally posted by shakalaka

How do i get a job with ebay?
    http://pages.ebay.ca/community/about...obs/index.html

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3