Thread: another school rampage

My Ride
    S250T, 435ZHS

Unhappy another school rampage

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...chool_shooting

10 Dead in Minn. Teen Rampage, Police Say

4 minutes ago U.S. National - AP

By JOSHUA FREED, Associated Press Writer

BEMIDJI, Minn. - A high school student went on a shooting rampage on this Indian reservation Monday, killing his grandparents at their home and then seven people at his school, "grinning and waving" as he fired, authorities and witnesses said. The gunman was later found shot to death. It was the nation's worst school shooting since the Columbine massacre in 1999.

Reuters Photo
    Slideshow: Eight Killed in Minn. High School Shooting

Students pleaded with the gunman to stop shooting.

"You could hear a girl saying, 'No, Jeff, quit, quit. Leave me alone. What are you doing?" Sondra Hegstrom told The Pioneer of Bemidji, using the name of the suspected shooter.

Before the shootings at Red Lake High School, the suspect's grandparents were shot in their home and died later. There was no immediate indication of the gunman's motive.

Six students including the gunman were killed at the school, along with a teacher and a security guard, FBI (news - web sites) spokesman Paul McCabe said at a news conference in Minneapolis.

Fourteen to 15 other students were injured, McCabe said. Some were being cared for in Bemidji, about 20 miles south of Red Lake. Authorities closed roads to the reservation in far northern Minnesota while they investigate the shootings.

Hegstrom described the gunman grinning and waving at a student his gun was pointed at, then swiveling to shoot someone else. "I looked him in the eye and ran in the room, and that's when I hid," she told The Pioneer.

McCabe declined to talk about a possible connection between the suspect and the couple killed at the home, but Red Lake Fire Director Roman Stately said they were the grandparents of the shooter. He identified the shooter's grandfather as Daryl Lussier, a longtime officer with the Red Lake Police Department, and said Lussier's guns may have been used in the shootings.

Stately said the shooter had two handguns and a shotgun.

"After he shot a security guard, he walked down the hallway shooting and went into a classroom where he shot a teacher and more students," Stately told Minneapolis television station KARE.

Students and a teacher, Diane Schwanz, said the shooter tried to break down a door to get into her classroom.

"I just got on the floor and called the cops," Schwanz told the Pioneer. "I was still just half-believing it."

Ashley Morrison, another student, had taken refuge in Schwanz's classroom. With the shooter banging on the door, she dialed her mother on her cell phone. Her mother, Wendy Morrison, said she could hear gunshots on the line.

"'Mom, he's trying to get in here and I'm scared,'" Ashley Morrison told her mother.

All of the dead students were found in one room. One of them was a boy believed to be the shooter, McCabe said. He would not comment on reports that the boy shot himself and said it was too early to speculate on a motive.

Martha Thunder's 15-year-old son, Cody, was being treated for a gunshot wound to the hip.

"He heard gunshots and the teacher said 'No, that's the janitor's doing something,' and the next thing he knew, the kid walked in there and pointed the gun right at him," Thunder said.

The shooter fired twice. The first bullet struck a clock on the wall behind Cody, who ducked. The second bullet hit him in the hip, she said.

The school was evacuated after the shootings and locked down for the investigation, McCabe said.

"It will probably take us throughout the night to really put the whole picture together," he said.

It was the nation's worst school shooting since two students at Columbine High School in Littleton, Colo., killed 12 students and a teacher and wounded 23 before killing themselves on April 20, 1999.

The rampage in Red Lake was the second fatal school shooting in Minnesota in 18 months. Two students were killed at Rocori High School in Cold Spring in September 2003. Student John Jason McLaughlin, who was 15 at the time, awaits trial in the case.

Red Lake High School, on the Red Lake Indian Reservation, has about 300 students, according to its Web site.

The reservation is about 240 miles north of the Twin Cities. It is home to the Red Lake Chippewa Tribe, one of the poorest in the state. According to the 2000 census, 5,162 people lived on the reservation, and all but 91 were full-blooded Indians.

holly shit just saw that on the news, its really sad, u can't even say what happened, what would cause such a sad situation.

its really sad

My Ride
    FD3S

thats terrible

Sex should be like a Civic; slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear.

My Ride
    FA20

man thats fukked up. brings backs memories of taber and columbine

My Ride
    Eclipse

wow that crazy

R.I.P to all the kids killed
    Originally posted by beemerm3
    so if we only seen 5 % of the oceans why not drain them or somethin lol or can u even transfer water from one ocean to another??? think of all the stuff u'd find treasures n eerything.

My Ride
    B8.5 S4

Not even the top story...

Is it because they were native? Or because its been done before?

My Ride
    2008 Mercedes Benz C230, 1968 Chevy Impala

kind a werid how its only one month back fomr teh columbine anniversary, any news on why the shooter was riddled with bullets? suicide?
    1968 Impala: Status: Stored
    1977 Dodge Triple E RV: Sold
    1989 Mercedes Benz 420 SEL: Sold
    2008 Mercedes Benz C230: Cruising
    2000 Bluebird TC2000: Build phase of skoolie project
    2018 Rav4 XLE: New baby friendly daily

omg that is nutz

RIP

My Ride
    Mall Crawler

RIP
    sig deleted by moderator, because they are useless

its too much man, wuts happening to society?

32V-V8 is offline Banned - Zero Tolerance on Satellite Piracy
    My Ride
    Car/Bike

Originally posted by bspot

Do you cry yourself to sleep some nights?

My Ride
    B18C5 neon -|-y|>3 r

that really is shitty to hear, front news or not... this thread is useless without pics however

My Ride
    H-D 883 XLH

Hypothetical situation:

if you are part of a group that managed to wrestle the gun away from a person like this.......do you put bullet in him? What if someone else does this, would you testify against them?

IMO, Yes, and No.

I think it would be proven that you killed the assailant in self defense and all charges would be dropped.

My Ride
    Mazda RX-7 FC3S

Heard on the radio that the grandfather of the shooter was a police officer. He shot his grandfather, took the police cruiser and went to school and started shooting.

I just took a look at a map of the area and realized that I used to be in that area almost every Canada Day long weekend when I was still living in Winnipeg.

My friends and I used to go tubing down the Red Lake River and camping in Red Lake Falls. Usually 1000 people there on the long weekend. Good times good memories.

RIP

32V-V8 is offline Banned - Zero Tolerance on Satellite Piracy
    My Ride
    Car/Bike

Do you shoot the guy? Thats a tough one. I can imagine it would be hard not to after he killed 6 people in front of you. I would maybe give him a round to the genitals or something... theres places on the human body that can be hit with a round and not necessarily facilitate death.

Originally posted by bspot

Im not saying this is the only reason, but the median income on the reserve is $24,251, is Columbine it was $118,136. People get scared when the nice neighbourhoods get shot up.
    Originally posted by BlueGoblin
    I have been on the pointy end of a few sticks...

My Ride
    Eclipse

Originally posted by Tyler883
    Hypothetical situation:

if you are part of a group that managed to wrestle the gun away from a person like this.......do you put bullet in him? What if someone else does this, would you testify against them?

IMO, Yes, and No.
    I would shot him, but only in the legs, or something, so the kid would have to live with what his done, and be in jail for the rest of his life..
    Originally posted by beemerm3
    so if we only seen 5 % of the oceans why not drain them or somethin lol or can u even transfer water from one ocean to another??? think of all the stuff u'd find treasures n eerything.

My Ride
    Pimp Mobile

Originally posted by Kobe

I would shot him, but only in the legs, or something, so the kid would have to live with what his done, and be in jail for the rest of his life..
    in a tense situation like that, if ur ready to shoot somebody, it doesent matter where u shoot him, and if he is squirming around and wrestling with you, chances are you wont get a good shot on his legs, saying that, if you DO get a good shot on his legs, at close range, you will probably hit and artery and he will die anyways GUNS r terrible...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast