Quantcast
Your worst job? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 8 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Your worst job?

Default Your worst job?

I was going to have some Pho in the Avenida Mall the other day when I stopped at the Stop Sign (where the ford dealership is). I look over to the grass area and see this guy in a clown suit holding a sign waving at everybody that drives by. I got a quick glimpse of the sign, and I think he was working for some flower shop in the strip mall

I usually just have a chuckle or just drive by without caring. But I actually felt sorry for the guy I couldn't tell how old he was since he was in a clown suit and he was sporting a pair of oakley like shades. So I was thinkin, dam I don't think I could ever do that (then again I have a career now). So I was thinkin about my worst job..

I was 11, passing out flyers for my parents' friend's restaurant (Sizzling Rice on Elbow infront of EP Scarlet) making 5 bucks an hour.. I remember walking door to door in Canteberry dropping flyers into mailboxes.. was pretty bad, but back then, 30 bucks was like winning the lottery to me I'd have to say my next worst job was Stampede about 10 years ago when minimum wage was 4.50 an hour. I think my cheque came to just under 300 bucks in those 10 days..

I know some of you out there probably had some bad jobs before you settled into your career.. so lets hear it

My Ride
    74 Nova-92 RMW-08 Aura XR-94 Sierra

Not my worst job.. but I always see this kid he walks all the way up 17ave sw from 14th up to the childrens hospital with the Little caesars $5 med. pep. pizza sign he always looks like wants to kill himself. I must say thats one bad job.

worst I had was my most recent working for West Direct Courier.
    10hrs a day, no time for lunch and i make more money delivering pizza 30hrs a week than I did there working 50hrs+ per week. not to mention pizza delivery is fun and less stressful for sure!

and then too top it off after I quit they took 3 weeks to pay me!!!

finally got paid after threaten to go to small claims!

also forgot to add.. pizza delivery = Free food and pop alot of the time!

My Ride
    Bunch of Honda's

wendy's

home depot

crappy tire

they all sucked, got treated like shit, and am glad i finally have a real job

Yeah come to think of it, my CSR job at Budget was one of the worst too... Never have I encountered so many angry people (some barely even speak english) until I worked at Budget.. I don't remember how many death threats I got working there.. my skin got thick after that job..

Telemarketer for the Calgary Sun when I was in grade 11. Got fired a week later cause I got in a spat with the owner about how the whole "sale" is a complete lie (they say you get a 6 week "risk free, money back guarantee" trial if 'you don' t like the paper or there's anything you're not happy with.' It turns out it's almost impossible to get that refund unless the paperboy stopped delivering to your house) got fired in a week, and thank god.

I will never do telemarketing again... worst fucking job ever.

Moxies Dishwasher (lasted 4 days)

My Ride
    FG, S14, Caliber SRT4

Worst volenteer job- did pizza delivery for my buddy's pizza joint (vern's pizza) i always hung around, making my own mini-pizza's, and for return i'd have to do one delivery a night. well.... all i got to do was one delivery.. the lady snapped at me threatining to get me fired.. I said, i'll remember the number, and said the next pizza's on me

Phone rings " your delivery boy, was doing 80km/h in reverse down my street, and was rude" BTW: this was at 11:00PM all my buddy said was he works for a hired delivery company, and the thing was over.. but i still made my mini-pizza's damn good...

My worst job was working for CO-OP, bagging grocery's when i was 16. I was getting $6.56/hr, and they made my ass WORK for that.. Once a lady complained i loaded the grocery's in the trunk too slow...another time, there was 2 feet of snow, and it was COLD, and this asshole who ONLY bought a 4 liter jug of milk made me lug it to his car.. then i almost got fired for falling asleep in the kiddie coral.. haha

I'd like to get that job back as part time, just so i can see if i can get fired in an hour...I think it would be a good stress relever. the only good thing was working with all the HOT cashier's....

My Ride
    Apex Predator

Telemarketing at Telus. They glorify the job in training, but its actually really depressing and shitty.

"She takes premium dude! PREMIUM!!! DUDE!!!!"

haha Nick, i didn't know you worked at Telus.. I got an offer at Telus back in 98.. they were going to pay me something like 14.xx an hour to answer phones.. but my shift would start at 2am.. i ixnay'd that offer..

Illeagle, which Co-Op did you work at? I worked at Co-Op as well.. I was at the Mckenzie store. I'm glad i'm out of there though, I didn't enjoy the service clerk position at all.. I once dropped a pumpkin on my finger while unloading a customer's cart..

My Ride
    Apex Predator

yah it sucked man. I also worked at superstore for almost 2 years, and that was pretty shitty. But nothing was as bad as telemarketing for telus imo. Ah well life goes on

"She takes premium dude! PREMIUM!!! DUDE!!!!"

My Ride
    2000 prelude

i too had a flier root when i was about 8. They paid me i think 8 cents a flyer (so 2 flyers/house =0.16)
    it paid pretty well but i would have to be up at 4 in the mornen every sunday.
    Also worken at McDonalds for 2 yrs was pretty brutal.
    Lifes a bitch so be a pimp

My Ride
    NC1

Worst job is my current job! LOL

I remember 9 years ago when I worked 7 days a week and got paid $300/month! Talk about being underpaid! But it's all good because now I am overpaid for what I do
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    starts with a screwdriver...

my worst goes to being a busser at earls...... the girls that worked there were so hot but the 175$ for 2 week paycheques licked some serious balls....and staying at work till 1:30 am for 6$ and hour with no tips didnt help either.....
    I MAKE BALLER CARS MORE BALLER.....

My Ride
    STI

Co-op =

Worst job in the world, illeagle i feel your pain dude.

CALAWAY PARK

My Ride
    S250T, 435ZHS

co-op gas bar isnt so bad, way more leniant than the store i hear. pretty slack too. $8 an hour to dick around and pump gas isnt all that bad...until winter comes

My Ride
    Eclipse

Originally posted by roopi
    Moxies Dishwasher (lasted 4 days)
    I wish i had your job..
    Famous Players has got to be the worst job i have ever worked..POS mice all over the place, stall food, its gross
    Originally posted by beemerm3
    so if we only seen 5 % of the oceans why not drain them or somethin lol or can u even transfer water from one ocean to another??? think of all the stuff u'd find treasures n eerything.

My Ride
    Highlander

Mine would have to be working at the Aqua Massage place in chinook for 16 months. The job itself wasnt too bad, but the people were brutal. You have no idea how many times I'd hear in an 8 hour shift "Do you get wet in there?" or "Do you have to get naked?" (Yes ma'am, naked and wet right here in the mall for everyone to see" ) And in the summer it was really bad, cause we had tourists who barely spoke any english trying to ask the same questions and they didnt understand our answers...it sucked. I actually caught a couple from france making really disgusting sexual comments about the machines in french. They obviously didn't think anyone here can understand them. My weren't they embarrased when I corected them in english and they realized that I had understood what they had said.

Locker room attendant at Southland leisure centre.

I had to make sure nobody was stealing and vandalizing lockers. So basically I sat in the locker room all day.

Worst job: many years ago...... worked for my brothers business partener...had to dress up like Garfield and get my picture taken with kids for "I love my mommy T-shirts" lasted 4 hrs. (1 day) only got paid a few beers. Only good thing was a hot girl sat on my lap as a joke and was stroking my tail. Other than that it sucked

second worst job: peeling potatoes by hand (machine was busted) for a fish and chips place minimun wage and and the constant stench of fish (still won't eat fish to this day)

Page 1 of 8 1 2 ... LastLast