Quantcast
The "Calgary Bouncers" Appreciation Thread: - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: The "Calgary Bouncers" Appreciation Thread:

Default The "Calgary Bouncers" Appreciation Thread:

I'd like to respectfully thank all of you assholes for reminding me that i'll need, to be 'over 25', need '5 pieces of ID' or need to spend '20 bucks plus cover' to get into one your high-class night spots.

Everyone, please send your praises.

i think it takes guts to be a bouncer now-a-days in our city, but yeah, some of them def. need to pull their fat heads out of their asses.

rmk

My Ride
    S/C 03 eclipse, 00 accord, 96 shadow, 06 TJ Sport

It's so funny hearing shit like, It takes balls nowadays to be a bouncer. LMAO ya it sure does. LMAO. THIS IS CALGARY not el salvador.

haha,

How old are you?

I can relate i remember being pissed off when i was 18 and they would give me a hard time because i wasn't 21. Now i'm 23 and i get a second look because i'm not 25.

Originally posted by 3g4me
    It's so funny hearing shit like, It takes balls nowadays to be a bouncer. LMAO ya it sure does. LMAO. THIS IS CALGARY not el salvador.
    flip on the news and see all the violence thats going on at these clubs. it sure doesn't look like its going to get better either.

sounds like you've been kicked out of a couple of clubs yourself.

when i was 18 they wanted me to be 21. when i was 21 they said 25 only. when i turned 25 they asked me for 3 pieces of id. when i pulled out my passport, drivers license and alberta id card they said i needed 5 pieces. when i pulled out my student id, my work id, they told me it had to be governement issued. can never win with those !@#$%^&

part that pisses me off the most is when they let all my white friends with jeans in and they look at me and my asian buddies and say dress code in effect...........
    Quote Originally Posted by Disoblige View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Arash reminds me of Mar but I can't tell which one is more stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post
    Yeah well I wonder how they get the soft flowing caramel inside the Caramilk bar but you don't see me making a god damn thread about it. Slap your wife Baygirl, straighten him out.

My Ride
    Juiced n' Stroked GT35R 4G63, C6 Z06

i think its degrading to be a bouncer imo LOL.. some beefcakes gota do it, leave it to the stupid ones ahaha.. i have had plenty of bad experiences with these juice heads .. fucking pussys.. although some could probly kick my ass
    BUT it does take mad balls to be a bouncer.. to me a little needle neck with highlights and fucked up bangs CAN be intimidating becuse they think they are hardcore and hardcore guys stab around.. i think we should just snap the needle necks and hang them by thier highlighted bangs before anything gets too HARDCORE

My Ride
    S/C 03 eclipse, 00 accord, 96 shadow, 06 TJ Sport

Originally posted by BokCh0y
    when i was 18 they wanted me to be 21. when i was 21 they said 25 only. when i turned 25 they asked me for 3 pieces of id. when i pulled out my passport, drivers license and alberta id card they said i needed 5 pieces. when i pulled out my student id, my work id, they told me it had to be governement issued. can never win with those !@#$%^&

part that pisses me off the most is when they let all my white friends with jeans in and they look at me and my asian buddies and say dress code in effect...........
    Stop cutting people up then yo. J/k.

Originally posted by 3g4me

Stop cutting people up then yo. J/k.
    that might help lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Disoblige View Post
    Arash reminds me of Mar but I can't tell which one is more stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post
    Yeah well I wonder how they get the soft flowing caramel inside the Caramilk bar but you don't see me making a god damn thread about it. Slap your wife Baygirl, straighten him out.

god. not another one of these threads

Professional DJ equipment for sale: Click Here

My Ride
    acura integra

Most of the bouncers are on power trips, and it looks like its not gonna change anytime soon. I guess the only thing you can do is don't give business to those that don't want you there.

2002civic is offline Held my GTI hostage and got unbanned
    My Ride
    19 SQ5/22 Pilot BE/18 RS3

xa million hasnt this been discussed enough?

2002civic is offline Held my GTI hostage and got unbanned
    My Ride
    19 SQ5/22 Pilot BE/18 RS3

and its not the bouncers who choose whos let in, its the owners who give them their guidelines for the most part

My Ride
    purple people eater

I've never had much trouble with bouncers, but I've had friends that have. blame the azn gangsters.

My Ride
    A4/Tundra

I agree with this tread

esp when the fucks ask you for 20 bucks plus your ID to get in, like paying for a shit hole like coyotes is worth it,

give me a break its not NYC

My Ride
    Bunch of Honda's

Never really had a good experience with any bouncers at any of the so called "clubs" here in Calgary.

Fuck em

My Ride
    2004 Tuscani

Originally posted by 2002civic
    and its not the bouncers who choose whos let in, its the owners who give them their guidelines for the most part
    bouncers just do what they are told and hired to do. If it wasnt them kicking the drunk guy hitting on your gf out of the bar. Then what? Youd beat the shit out of him and be in jail. (using that as an example)

They do what they have to do to keep order in the bar, and make sure they dont let in scum people if they think they will start shit.

If you look like youre in some kind of gang or mafia, expect to get hassled. If you look respectable then you probably wont. Its like all people in life, some people are dicks and are on a power trip. Some people arent. Youve just had the luck of running into the cunts.

Ive never had a problem with bouncers. Im glad there there stopping all you thugz from getting in the bars (yes i know your not all thugz). I know a few, and a lot of them take your saftey in the bar very seriously.

And stop pulling the race card everytime your asked for multiple id. Ever heard of the boy who cries wolf?

My Ride
    Prelude aka red rice, Lincoln Aviator

Ahh, yes, the old shit on a bouncer thread….

It’s a well known fact that to some extent discrimination IS present in the Calgary nightlife. It’s unfair to judge everybody based on the actions of others of the same age, race, etc, but lets face it, to some extent, it happens.

I know I’m going to piss some people off here, but before I do, I’d like to start off by saying that I don’t consider myself to be racist. I have a diverse range of friends, of varying ages and backgrounds, and when I meet someone on the street, I don’t judge them by their age or skin color…

That being said, profiling often comes as a result of past experiences (not always, but often). People complain about getting hassled by the bouncers, because of there age, or race, etc, and it’s aggravating, because the majority of people (no matter what age, race, etc), are just out to have fun. This means lots of people who really would cause no problems in an establishment end up getting turned away. They then come on here and complain (and I know it’s frustrating). But, few people have had to see if from the other side. I mean, if the trend in an establishment is that people of such a background or such an age tend to be the ones causing problems, then the EASIEST (not fairest) solution is to limit their being there right? The bottom line is that these places are trying to make a buck, and keep their establishments safe.

Now I’m not trying to portray all bouncers as saints, I know that some of them can be power hungry, etc, but for the most part they are just doing their jobs. Let’s say you’re a doorman at a club, and you’re told who to let in, and who not to, or who to be more judgmental about… like it or not, it’s your job, and if you don’t do it, you too will be out on your ass. Further more, it can be a testing job. I mean the only time you have to “work” is when shit hits the fan. And bouncers are people too, if they’ve been dealing with a lot of drunk assholes, then they’re bound to be a little upset. It’s not easy dealing with people threatening you and calling you on, etc, and then having to go back and smile to the next person in line.

Everybody is entitled to his or her opinions, this is just something for thought.
    Last edited by '93 SR-V; 03-23-2005 at 01:33 AM.

My Ride
    toyota MR2

i was given a deal at tantra once for a girl who is a friends bithday and she knew someone who knew the bouncer.. anyways cause it was "busy" and some guys where wearing running shoes we had a bit of a time convincing them but we ended up recieving this deal Because of our group size (7 at the time) they had to split us in two (groups) so it was 70 dollars a group + tip at the door???COOL???? so we went to euphoria for free ?? where i felt extemely old (for a 20 year old)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast