Quantcast
19" BBS CH or 18" M3 CSL Replicas ? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

View Poll Results: 19" BBS CH or 18" CSL Replicas ?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • BBS CH

15 42.86%
  • CSL Replicas

20 57.14%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 19" BBS CH or 18" M3 CSL Replicas ?

My Ride
    4Runner Trail Edition

Question 19" BBS CH or 18" M3 CSL Replicas ?

I currently own a set of BBS CH's and I was thinking that its time to move onto a 18" wheel.
    I wanna get a set of CSL replicas but Im thinking if the quality of the CSL is gonna be worth it. I'm hoping that they wont bend because they are replicas.
    I love the style of the CSL wheel because the spokes are thinner and they look good on a E36.

I dont know wether to keep them or get the CSL's instead.

19" CSL Replica's (Remember I want these in 18's)

19" BBS CH's

Last edited by Kaos; 03-23-2005 at 09:39 AM.

My Ride
    B6 A4 / 600RR

Hmm, this is a tough one dude. I would probably stick with the CH’s though since those have always been one of my favorite wheels! But that’s just me. And I don’t know too much about the quality of CLS rep’s but I think for the most part you would only sacrifice weight.

Clem is offline FLAMESFAN 4LIFE-Canes in 4
    My Ride
    Turbo AWD Sled

CHs are gorgeous wheels (I'd even consider buying them from you if you decided to go the CSL route )

CSL wheels look good too but if you are concerned about quality why not go for forged BBS RCs (one of my all time fav BBS wheels). They're lighter than the CHs and look just like the CSLs.

If you really want the CSL wheels, get the wheels from the new M3 competition pack. They look identical, are OEM BBS quality but without the added CSL markup. They're 19" however.

My Ride
    4Runner Trail Edition

Originally posted by euro tang
    Hmm, this is a tough one dude. I would probably stick with the CH’s though since those have always been one of my favorite wheels! But that’s just me. And I don’t know too much about the quality of CLS rep’s but I think for the most part you would only sacrifice weight.
    Well the weight of the CH's are around 24/lbs (not quite sure)
    And the weight of the CSL reps are the same in 18's.
    So basically the CSL's weigh alot more for any 18" that I know of.

Originally posted by Clem
    CHs are gorgeous wheels (I'd even consider buying them from you if you decided to go the CSL route )

CSL wheels look good too but if you are concerned about quality why not go for forged BBS RCs (one of my all time fav BBS wheels). They're lighter than the CHs and look just like the CSLs.
    I considered getting these wheels or even the RGR's cause they look similar. The cost of them are pretty hefty though.
    I'll keep in contact with you and let you know if I do happen to sell them.

Originally posted by bol
    If you really want the CSL wheels, get the wheels from the new M3 competition pack. They look identical, are OEM BBS quality but without the added CSL markup. They're 19" however.
    Would you like to donate to my wheel fund?
    How much would these cost?
    I know that they make a forged ones but the forged only come in 19's. Maybe I should wait a bit and see if another company will make forged 18's

Originally posted by bol
    bol.. can you hook me up with a link?

Still shopping for rims for my e46

The CSL's look good but I would be worried about quality.

19" BBS CH, RC or RGR (in that order)

Don't buy replica rims. A friend of mine bought a set from the Phillipines, quality is definately the shits. He curbed it while PARKING and broke a chunk off. Luckily he wasn't driving normal and hit a bump hard or something.

Just my opinion.

Somethings it's alright to go aftermarket and save a few bucks, most of the time it's just better to cry once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Disoblige View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Arash reminds me of Mar but I can't tell which one is more stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah well I wonder how they get the soft flowing caramel inside the Caramilk bar but you don't see me making a god damn thread about it. Slap your wife Baygirl, straighten him out.

Turner carries the ZCP competition rims that I was talking about...

http://www.turnermotorsport.com/html...D=M3COMPWHEELS

Any shop should be able to get them. They're an OEM BMW part.

^ Nice!

CSL Replicas, passed JWL, VIA, and ISO-9001:2000

Originally posted by bol
    the wheels off the competition M3 will not fit. the offset for the rears is about 20mm and would not fit under the fender. unless you get a hold of 4 front wheels. that would deffinitly fit.

andy pm me

The CSL Replicas look awesome.. I'm still trying to decide on what to get. But im leaning towards the CSL replicas

My Ride
    Turbo AWD Sled

Not all replicas are shit, in fact some end up being as strong as the branded ones and can be lighter. You have to find out where the wheels are made and by whom. I know some MB brand replicas (AMG, Brabus, RennTech) are made by the same company that makes the big-buck real ones at a fraction of the cost.

Do your homework or just call Rob @ tunerworks when you go there to buy them

Clem.. do you recommend 18's or 19's on an e46?

Still trying to decide if I should buy the 18's or wait for the 19's lol.. and I hate waiting

My Ride
    4Runner Trail Edition

Originally posted by ZorroAMG
    Not all replicas are shit, in fact some end up being as strong as the branded ones and can be lighter. You have to find out where the wheels are made and by whom. I know some MB brand replicas (AMG, Brabus, RennTech) are made by the same company that makes the big-buck real ones at a fraction of the cost.

Do your homework or just call Rob @ tunerworks when you go there to buy them
    I actually did talk to Rob and he thought they were alright wheels but said my BBS wheels are better. Dont get me wrong, the CH's rock, just not in 19's.

Originally posted by interlude

Still trying to decide if I should buy the 18's or wait for the 19's lol.. and I hate waiting
    I think 19's for a E46 & 18's for a E36

Originally posted by Kaos

I actually did talk to Rob and he thought they were alright wheels but said my BBS wheels are better. Dont get me wrong, the CH's rock, just not in 19's.

I think 19's for a E46 & 18's for a E36
    Thats what i was thinking.. looks like I will have to wait till May to get my set.

My Ride
    Turbo AWD Sled

Originally posted by interlude

IMHO it all depends on your driving style.

If you're the type to tear up city streets without a care in the world 18s are the way to go.

Granted if you're like me you can do it on 19s as well but you MUST be more aware of road conditions. (potholes etc...)

ANY rim will bend if impacted hard enough but a good wheel 18 or 19 will be able to hold up to even mild impacts.

For example I had 19" ACS Type 3 Racings that held up to potholes better than a friend's 18" Mille Miglia Evos.

Looks wise you can beat 19s. I used to have 18s which lasted for about 6 months till I switched over to 19s.

19s granted will affect your acceleration a bit due to the rotational mass of the larger wheel.

For me personally I would go with the 19s but again it all depends on your driving style.

I was thinking of getting a set of 18s if I ever decided to track my car but if Kaos is willing to let his 19s go for a good price....... well that's a different story

My Ride
    4Runner Trail Edition

Originally posted by Clem

I was thinking of getting a set of 18s if I ever decided to track my car but if Kaos is willing to let his 19s go for a good price....... well that's a different story
    We'll talk.
    Whats a good price for you?

Originally posted by Willis
    ^ Nice!

CSL Replicas, passed JWL, VIA, and ISO-9001:2000
    This kinda confuses me, what is the grades (whatever "VIA JWL & ISO-9001:2000" are) is it exactly passing?
    Strength?
    Last edited by Kaos; 03-29-2005 at 11:12 AM.

Originally posted by Kaos

This kinda confuses me, what is the grades (whatever "VIA JWL & ISO-9001:2000" are) is it exactly passing?
    Strength?
    From my understanding thus far,

It is an international standard for quality managment systems. A company's manufacturing and other processes are checked and certified, assuring the consumer a quality product. If a company is ISO certified, then its work practices have been audited to ensure everything is up to par = quality goods and services. I am assuming VIA and JWL are similar quality certifications.

Read this for more information about ISO9000

EDIT: JWL and VIA explanation
    Last edited by Willis; 03-30-2005 at 02:53 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast