Quantcast
how to cut those layers of fat? and get harder muscles - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: how to cut those layers of fat? and get harder muscles

My Ride
    '92 RPS13

Default how to cut those layers of fat? and get harder muscles

I dont really like to watch what I eat. I DO, I eat full meals, or light snacks (such as fruit, granola bars, sometimes chips *Rarely*) I was just wondering what I could do to get rid of those layers of fat? Like any supplements? or stuff like that. I dont like seafood at all, I dont know why, so I wont eat salmon or fish. But I do take fish oil vitamins and pills every morning.

Also I workout 3 times a week probably for 45-hour. I can see my muscles getting bigger, but theyre not really that hard. What can I do to make these harder and firmer? Like lots of light weight reps? or anything else you guys have to offer, thanks.

My Ride
    '99.5 2.0L Jetta What I ride: '05 Kona Stuff

All of your needs seem to circulate around lowering your body fat percentage. It seems you are going towards a more defined look that a big and bulky look.

Things I could suggest would be:

- cardio: regardless of your fitness goals I would recommend cardio once per week. It you are trying to cut fat off your body maybe go three times per week for 30 minutes each time.

- water: drinking water speeds up your metabolism as water cools your body and your body tries to regain normal temperatures. The increase of metabolism means an increase of burned fat

- if you want better definition I would say do reps of 12 or so on your exercises.

- remember it's all going to take time. It seems as if you've noticed some gains pretty recently so just continue to stay consistant then you will without a doubt improve your conditions.

Remember, anybody who knows what they are talking about will tell you there isn't any one magical formula to fitness, it's just all about:

- drinking plenty of water
    - eating right and frequetly
    - training hard
    - getting adequate sleep

Good luck
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

I used to do cardio first thing in the morning when there is nothing in my stomach.. lost alot of fat..plus I watch'd what I ate..

My Ride
    purple people eater

you can only lose 1-2 pounds of fat safely per week. its all about increasing your calorie consumption to be a bit more then your calorie intake, so add cardio to your work out and switch to more sets with more reps to burn more claories. not watching what you eat will be counter-productive, but to make it easy just cut your usual portion sizes by 1/5th.

Also with all said above , make sure after your work out that you EAT , or else your body will start to eat your muscle and make you fat again.
    2011 Mercedes C63 AMG //2009 Mercedes C350 SOLD //2008 BMW 335i SOLD //2006 Mercedes C Sold// 2002 BMW M3 SOLD// 2004 Porsche C4S SOLD// 2006 Audi S4 SOLD// 2005 Audi 1.8T SS SOLD// 2004 Subaru STi SOLD// 1994 LHD Toyota Supra SOLD//1993 LHD Mazda RX-7 SOLD // 2002 Honda S2000 SC SOLD// 2004 Range Rover SOLD//

My Ride
    Mom-van

Those layers of fat.... dude... DIET DIET DIET!!!

I'm not saying go on a diet, I'm saying eat sensibly. Diet's are the devil.
    ~*Leah*~

My Ride
    '99.5 2.0L Jetta What I ride: '05 Kona Stuff

Originally posted by ~Leah~
    Diet's are the devil.
    Whether they are the devil or just 100% B.S. it's amazing how many people go so studiously into dieting.

Get your noses out of those stupid magazines and go for a damn walk!

My Ride
    Impreza RS

My Ride
    02 Accord

Originally posted by hockeybronx

Whether they are the devil or just 100% B.S. it's amazing how many people go so studiously into dieting.

Get your noses out of those stupid magazines and go for a damn walk!

Good call dude... But to get you on your way, try this
    - First thing in the morning, take a piss, and drink two glasses of ice cold water on an empty stomach... Then have a big breakfest, I like eating oatmeal, and I crush flax seeds into it so I take shits lots ... I find its a good way to clense the body....
    - I'm in my cutting stage right now before summer, no more building, so I'm actually doing cardio 4 - 5 times a week for at least 30min a day, I know, I know you dont like cardio... I'll tell you straight up no one really does, so stop crying about it, and just force yourself to do it, cardio is THE BEST WAY TO BURN FAT period...
    - Like some other person said, eat decently, that doesnt mean giving up the food like you, it just means eating less per meal but more often throughout your day, 5 - 6 times, with your last meal at 7:30... I like to eat cottage cheese and yogurt, I'll even eat this late sometimes, before I goto sleep, sometimes I dont get outta the gym until 9...
    - Intense workouts are key
    - I've lost... 14lbs in the last 2 months because of this. And buddy's right, you can only lose 2 lbs a week...

RIch

Ive been watching what I eat lately, and exercising, and although I havent lost anyweight, I have more energy and can see the fat turning into muscle.

I reccomend picking up the book "body for life".

Here are some pointers, some from the book, some not.

Eat six small meals a day.

Dont have more than one portion (aproxx. the size of your fist/palm) of carbs. Carbs are worse than fat, in fact, fat is good.

Wake up, drink 2 cups/half a liter ofwater, and do your workout, either weights or cardio. Weights for 45 minutes, cardio for 20 (in the book it shows you how to work out so that you get alot out of those 20 min). Then dont eat for an hour after, because during that hour is when the workout will really take effect.

Just for a few days monitor your calorie intake very carefully, so you have an idea of what the proper calorie intake lloks like.

And if you need some motivation, think of all the hunnies your gonna get when your ripped and really strong.
    Last edited by Carfanman; 03-30-2005 at 06:17 PM.

Originally posted by Carfanman
    And if you need some motivation, think of all the hunnies your gonna get when your ripped and really strong.
    let me guess... your balls dropped recently? how are the pubes coming along?

Professional DJ equipment for sale: Click Here

My Ride
    DC5

Originally posted by Wildcat

let me guess... your balls dropped recently? how are the pubes coming along?
    seriously if you ain't going to the gym for yourself to get stronger, toned whatever, you will never be very motivated to go if all you want to do is impress some girls

go for yourself
    the ladies can just enjoy what you have after you are satisfied or reached your own goals!

shit sorry was supposed to quote the guy talkin about the honnies

Bah , you can go to the gym for what ever reason you want...

But this is what I do
    Wake up , do my washroom stuff , drink 3 cups of water , eat my all bran ceral , go to school , have a light snake 2 hours later , lunch time comes , i grab something healthy , after school , i have another little snack and some water , then i go to work out , i start with stretching , then some heavy ass weights , then watch the simpsons or survivor on the screens infront of the bikes or whatever cardio machine i use. Last week I ended up watching 1 and half hours of funny shows , and didnt even relize I was doing that much cardio lol
    2011 Mercedes C63 AMG //2009 Mercedes C350 SOLD //2008 BMW 335i SOLD //2006 Mercedes C Sold// 2002 BMW M3 SOLD// 2004 Porsche C4S SOLD// 2006 Audi S4 SOLD// 2005 Audi 1.8T SS SOLD// 2004 Subaru STi SOLD// 1994 LHD Toyota Supra SOLD//1993 LHD Mazda RX-7 SOLD // 2002 Honda S2000 SC SOLD// 2004 Range Rover SOLD//

Default ephedra supplements are still available

Original Post Removed. (Please read the Forum Rules and Terms of Use before posting again, or risk getting banned).

My Ride

or you can just look at things the same way I do.... while all these people work so hard to get six little ab's... I eat what I want, do what I want and i'm rewarded by once nice big AB.

Trust me, it's alot more noticable than six small ones, you have to take your shift off so people can see those six little ones.... mine can be seen from a long ways away. The ladies love it, it's like having a built in pillow...

Long live my AB.

I have a one ab and ladies might love your one ab but i bet they'd love the 6 pack better

My Ride
    Giant Reign

Originally posted by tictactoe2004
    or you can just look at things the same way I do.... while all these people work so hard to get six little ab's... I eat what I want, do what I want and i'm rewarded by once nice big AB.

Trust me, it's alot more noticable than six small ones, you have to take your shift off so people can see those six little ones.... mine can be seen from a long ways away. The ladies love it, it's like having a built in pillow...

Long live my AB.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

My Ride
    '92 RPS13

I dont have a gut, nor a super six pack, I've got about 4 abs, lol. But its not for getting hunnies, thats all in the approach and the size of your...head, lol. I've got those down, its merely just to keep in better shape, thats all.

My Ride
    73 mustang GT convertable

Don't go into it expecting a 6 pack buddy. You can get it, but take baby steps. Set short term (monthly goals) that are reasonable and attainable but still require effort. Get a good diet going on (sorry buddy lose the chips) and keep hitting the gym and you'll see and feel the results. Kinda hard to give more specific advice without knowing more about you.