Quantcast
Bit Torrent Help - Not port forwarding related - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Bit Torrent Help - Not port forwarding related

Default Bit Torrent Help - Not port forwarding related

Any Shaw customers experiencing Bit Torrent problems?

I'm out on a limb here trying to get my Bit Torrrent client (Azureus)working again, after I installed this bandwidth meter that completely messed up my entire internet connection. This bandwidth meter has since been removed.

Before this incident, I was pulling in amazing speeds and now I can't break 20 kb/S.

I know alot of you are already thinking this is a port forwarding issue or a lack of seeders, but I assure you that it's neither. All my port settings are forwarded, as before, and the torrents I've tested have come from multiple sites where the swarms consist of ~500(S) and ~1000(L). The strange part is that I've tested my connectivity with the built-in tester and the online testers and they all say I'm connectable. Yet, my DL speeds still run ~20Kb. Oh yeah, I've also checked out all my global DL/UL settings and they are all fine.

I think that pieces of that bandwidth program may still be screwing me over, but I've killed the program and manually removed all traces from the registry. I've also uninstalled and reinstalled all network related items and completely neutered the windows firewall. At this point, I don't know what else there could be, which is why I'm posting here in desperation.

Did Shaw install a transparent proxy yesterday? Has anyone ever been capped by Shaw, is this what it looks like?

I'm on shaw, and was pulling over ~300kb/s downloading Debian yesterday through bittorent (I'm using a program called TurboTorrent)...so no proxy here. (Shaw Extreme)

Got it fixed. Pulling in ~500 kb/S on loaded torrents.

What was the problem? I've never found BT to be fast for me. But then again, I havent used it in about a year.

My Ride
    Pimp Mobile

newsgroups ppl, its the wave of the future!

My Ride
    Red with stripes and a shitbox truck

Originally posted by sputnik
    What was the problem? I've never found BT to be fast for me. But then again, I havent used it in about a year.

I was the same as that until I got into some of those exclusive torrent sites. Now every torrent I download goes at about 400kb/s easily. Pretty much every other torrent I downloaded before I got into those sites went at about 20kb/s.

Originally posted by AcuraTl
    newsgroups ppl, its the wave of the future!
    I used to be a hardcore newsgrouper, until I discovered BT. Newsgroups requires you to constantly troll or else you'll miss something you wanted. As well, it's hard to search through unless you know the one specific group where all the l33t people hang out.

With BT, you can search for basically anything you want, regardless of how old it may be, and expect it to be there.

I used to use newsgroups almost three times a week, just to make sure I don't miss anything. Now, my newsprogram is neglected and BT is slowly phasing it out.

Originally posted by sputnik
    It was a combination of problems.

1) Corrupted netwrok config, due to that stupid bandwidth meter.

2)Bad tracker data on ALL of my test torrents.

I would highly suggest you try and get your BT working. Just think of this statement, which I have found to be true many times:

"Anything that can exist in digital form is available on BitTorrent"

My Ride
    Pimp Mobile

^^ right

but u saw what happend to suprnova, im sure the same thing will happen to those other private torrent sites...

How about telling us the what bandwitdh meter you downloaded so the same thing won't happen to us.