Quantcast
hydraulic pumps - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: hydraulic pumps

Default hydraulic pumps

I want to get this for my car but i dont know what i need to install them like do i need new wheels, springs etc... also hydraulic are oil pumps are there air pumps that does the same as hydraulics?

also i need some website where i can get them thank

also i might be calling them wrong... i want to be able to lower my car with a switch and when i need to pop it back to stock position so i just want to lower and rasie it whenever i want... i hope thats what hydraulics are for...

Last edited by kaput; 03-12-2019 at 06:34 PM.

i drive a 94 teg gsr yeah it should be pretty expensive but have you heard of it before or know what im talking about i want to get it for my car and be able to lower my ride with a touch of a button

My Ride
    2018 Ford F150 SCREW

www.airride.com
    www.masterimagecustoms.com

If you want to find lots of information about bagging then look in trucking magazines. Hydros I would suggest lowrider mags. Both of these have lots of information on this stuff.

im not sure if those are what im looking for i went to the catalog in the masterimagecustom.com and i amm looking at the air ride kits but do does also raise my ride when i need it to or it only lowers it can you tell me which one is the one i neeD?

http://www.masterimagecustoms.com/catalog-parts.html

My Ride
    2018 Ford F150 SCREW

The air ride will Lower and raise your car. I like the air bags more thqn hydros because of a lot smoother operation and better ride quality.

My Ride
    '15 GTI

even if your car lowers with a touch of a button, i highly doubt it will handle as well as it would with a real suspension lowering - ie springs and shocks

i found a good site where i can order a hydrualic pump kit but i have a few questions i dont understand i hope someone can help me...

heres the site - http://store.gaugemagazine.com/subca...263&1=264&2=-1

should i get the 4pump or 2pump? What are the front and rear cylinders/cup for? Will i get the same height in the rear and front? i dont want the back sticking up... also how many batteries do i need for this installation?

one more then what are 3wheels, it was mention somewhere on the site...

A: If this is your first hydraulic set-up you may want to start off with our 2 Pump Street Edition Kit with 8 switches. You will get front, back, side to side pancake, see saw and individual three wheel
    What type of kit do I need for 3-wheel?

A: With a 2 pump 8 switch kit you can do 3-wheel around a corner on most vehicles with enough weight in the back. To do standing 3-wheel you need a three-pump kit. This is something that you may want to talk to your installer about. There is always more than one method to do an install and each installer has their own method.

Thanks alot for the help i really appreciate it
    Last edited by iiinycboi; 01-03-2003 at 01:31 AM.

eacyde Guest

Default Hydros vs Bags

My peresonal opinion is BAGS SUCK! They are slow slow slow!!

I have hydros in my truck and it rides better than it did when it was just lowered with springs etc.

If you are looking to drive you car Fast and Furious style, Hydros would be the way to go. and when you get there, you can bounce

If you just want to have the Slammed look at a show or red light and then be able to drive into the 7-11, All you need is a single pump setup. 2 pumps will give you a little more flexability.

PM me if you have anymore questions!