Quantcast
Good meals to eat? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Good meals to eat?

My Ride
    GMC Acadia

Default Good meals to eat?

Are there any good meals that I can take to school with me and eat? I'm trying to improve my diet and my school isn't helping. Taking my lunch would be much better because I can eat whatever I want... are there any good meals that I can make easily?

What about those President's Choice things that are kinda like TV dinners... but healthy.

Suggestions?
    Originally posted by VIZSLA
    Seems that running qualifying in three heats worked so well we're now running the race in three parts too.
    1, On the track
    2, In the steward's box
    3, In Paris

My Ride
    Jeep of Theseus

Prepackaged dinners tend to be crap and they never quite fill me up. Normally, I make myself some pasta the night before (REAL pasta mind you, like tortellini or ravioli, none of that ichiban crap), take it with some meat/tomato sauce and parmesan cheese, and you've got most of your food groups right there. Add some fruit juice/ veggies and you're all set.

fruit juice isnt nearly as healthy as a fruit, although its much better than soda.

i always pack a lunch with me, then again im eating like 2lbs of chicken and rice (or potatoes) 4 times a day. i load it up with seasoning salt and soy sauce.

Professional DJ equipment for sale: Click Here

My Ride
    2018 Ford F150 SCREW

-tuna sandwich.
    -vegetables
    -maybe something like those uncle ben's rice bowls.

My Ride
    H-D 883 XLH

Default Re: Good meals to eat?

Originally posted by iceburns288
    Are there any good meals that I can take to school with me and eat? I'm trying to improve my diet and my school isn't helping. Taking my lunch would be much better because I can eat whatever I want... are there any good meals that I can make easily?

What about those President's Choice things that are kinda like TV dinners... but healthy.

Suggestions?
    There are about as many definitions for 'healthy' as there are people that are trying to eat healthy.

I know this is different for others, but here's what my personal trainer is telling me:

I try my best to eat about 35 grams of protien, 15 grams of fat, and top up the meal with carbs so that the total meal adds up to about 600 Calories...

I can easily get my protien from a can of tuna, or average sized boneless skinless chicken breast, or 250 ml of cottage cheese.

The fat comes from almonds, flax oil, or virgin olive oil, unless it is already present in the food choices that I make.

I try to split my carbs so that I'm having at least 2 of the following: veggies, fruit, or grains.

IMO, I haven't found any frozen dinners in grocery store that are healthy, so I've started making my own frozen dinners....I make sure the portions are all figured out, then make enough for a dozen or so meals. If I do this every other Sunday, I never run short of frozen meals.