Quantcast
what to buy - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: what to buy

Question what to buy

im currently in the market for a used car. im not surewhat the best thing to do would be. i know for sure that i want a foreign car most likely european. but every where i turn people are saying "stay away". they cant be that expensive to maintain, right? i mean i have a 1990 honda prelude, its been an ok buy, but ive had to do front end work300.00$ alternator250.00$and oil changes at a quicky lube are 40.00$. thats in 1.5 years. could an audi a4 or bmw 3 or 5 series be any worse?

does that mean you are selling your prelude? My gf's little brother is looking for a car. Pm me if you are thanks

My Ride
    curbed rim

Default Re: what to buy

Originally posted by jasonybu
    im currently in the market for a used car. im not surewhat the best thing to do would be. i know for sure that i want a foreign car most likely european. but every where i turn people are saying "stay away". they cant be that expensive to maintain, right? i mean i have a 1990 honda prelude, its been an ok buy, but ive had to do front end work300.00$ alternator250.00$and oil changes at a quicky lube are 40.00$. thats in 1.5 years. could an audi a4 or bmw 3 or 5 series be any worse?

depends on how old of a european car you get, whatever you do stay away from VW, i used to have a Passatt and it was a nightmare spend 3G on reapairs before selling it for 3.5G. My friend also has a Jetta 1999 and has spent 6000$ in repairs in less than a year. So try to get a pretty new euro car.

My Ride
    2013 Longhorn Ram

Default Re: Re: what to buy

Originally posted by vcteggy

depends on how old of a european car you get, whatever you do stay away from VW, i used to have a Passatt and it was a nightmare spend 3G on reapairs before selling it for 3.5G. My friend also has a Jetta 1999 and has spent 6000$ in repairs in less than a year. So try to get a pretty new euro car.

Jeez, what has your friend been doing to that Jetta? Ive owned my Jetta for almost a year, and I havent had to spend a penny on repairs. I blew a flat 2 weeks ago, and thats it.

Originally posted by SKR
    You know what, I'm such a ricer. More form than function, oversized exhaust, Japanese engine, and if I put the tailgate down it kind of acts as much like a wing as the picnic table wings the fast and furious guys are bolting to their cars.

My Ride
    RB26DETT SIL40 VERT

from what I have heard VW are great cars they seem to hold up well and usaly hold there value over years gl in your search
    Cheap 16 wheels for sale
    http://forums.beyond.ca/st/256625/f-s-16x7-black-modenas-4-100-108-40/