Quantcast
De-badging question - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: De-badging question

My Ride
    BMW 325xi

Default De-badging question

for those who hate de-badgin and all that and think that it sucks, just leave, this is a question, not opinion thred.

but, can someone tell me, if i do debadge my bimmer, i will still be able to put it back on if i need to right? and does the dealership do it for free? some people say yes, some people say no... so if someone has done it from dealership or knows please let me know thanks

I'm pretty sure your dealership won't replace the badging for free. If you debadge your car keep the numbers incase you need/ want to put them back on.

My Ride
    BMW 325xi

so it is possible to put them back? and can someone tell me how to debadge myself then?

Calgary, Alberta, Canada, North America, Earth, The Milky Way . . .

use dental floss to remove it, and 2-sided 3m tape to put it back on

My Ride
    E90 M3

either wait till we have a uber hot day like +34 or take a heat gun to it for a really long ass time and use dental floss or fishline.

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

Just use a hair dryer, goo gone and thread. Dental floss falls apart pretty quick.

You need to wax the area afterward to get everything off.

Also, how old is your car? The pain under the badges probably hasn't faded. So you will still see the badge, but in the paint. Debadging should be done when the car is new.

My Ride
    BMW 325xi

well i got in august last year........ so i think it should be fine right?

My Ride
    FG, S14, Caliber SRT4

I'm down with de-badging...anyways... BMW usually have lowspots where the emblem goes right?..anyways, yes, even if you have the holes filled in (if there is holes) you can always put the badging back on..3M 2 sided tape y0!..Good luck!

My Ride
    BMW 325xi

but what happens if i take it to a power wash? won't those things just come right off?

another question.... i've noticed some bmw got their emblems changed on the front and back of their car. Anyone know where to get black and blue emblems? (instead of the white and blue) thx

My Ride
    V167

no, 3M tape is very strong stuff, I believe BMW even uses it to hold on front lips. Its commonly used to hold on body mods such as roof spoilers, trunk lips and stuff like that, great stuff!!

heat it, floss it, buff it

My Ride
    Nissan 300ZX NA (Z31)

What year is your BMW? Is your 320 an E46?

If so taking your number badging off is a sinch, like everyones stated ealier, heat, floss, buff.

Now your BMW roundel is a little more complicated. Its held in by two rubber grommets on the car. So you'll have two holes in the body of the car, and its recessed. So you'll have to do some body work to make it look right. And yeah, the 3M is great for re-applying later... but with your numbers, very tricky.

IMO, just take off the numbered badging, leave the roundels.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    4Runner Trail Edition

Originally posted by flamba
    i've noticed some bmw got their emblems changed on the front and back of their car. Anyone know where to get black and blue emblems? (instead of the white and blue) thx
    Thats just a sticker that you can buy off the net.
    Stick and peel.

My Ride
    2011 Subaru Impreza

Yeah, I agree, you should just only take off the numbering. Leave the round bmw emblems that are on the front and the back of the car.. just take off the 320i or whatever.

I dont know.. but BMW's just dont look like bmw's without their round emblem thingies on the front.. looks like someone did a bmw conversion with an accord or something.. feels cheap.

^^ you can get these stickers on ebay that come in the shape of the blue/white quatrants, I've seen one with a white/carbon fiber combo.. he did that to his wheels too.. looked cool!

use a blowdryer, heat up the side of the emblem for about a minute or so. Take dental floss, and use it to "cut" behind the emblem.. in a "sawing" motion. Repeat the heat with the blowdryer if you feel the backing is cooling, and harder to cut.

After you remove the emblem, there will be sticky stuff where the emblem used to be. Put some GooGone (you can get it at HomeDepot/Rona) on a towel, and rub off the excess stuff.

My Ride
    BMW 325xi

i wasn't really planning on removing the actual emblem, but is e-bay the only hope for those stickers (like the carbon fiber or something) to make the symbol black and blue? or is there a shop in calgary that has that? thanks guys pyc~

My Ride
    Cummins F10

uhh
    try tunerworks...
    or call a sticker shop like silent rage or something, and they could make you ones.
    Originally posted by Mibz
    The criteria for being a Beyond Baller is simply knowing you are one.
    Deleted F10 535d
    My hybrid burns Diesel & Oil

My Ride
    Cup of Tea

3M actualy has an emblem adhesive, its way better then 2 sided tape because this stuff is thin and all you do is press your emblem into the adhesive and the sticky stuff only goes on your emblem so you dont have to cut the tape or anything. as far as taking them off yeah you can juse use a blowdryer and then polish the area otherwise you'll notice where they used to be.

My Ride
    2011 Subaru Impreza

Originally posted by flamba
    i wasn't really planning on removing the actual emblem, but is e-bay the only hope for those stickers (like the carbon fiber or something) to make the symbol black and blue? or is there a shop in calgary that has that? thanks guys pyc~
    you could probably go buy a small piece of decal material, and cut out your own if you wanted to.. it's not that hard..

My Ride
    2008 911 C4S

If you have left over adhesive before you buff, use 3M adhesive remover. Available at NAPA.

I debadged and like it, no one mistakes my car for an M3 (nor do i want them too) but I like leaving reg 330 owners and the odd M3 owner going wtf when i smoke them in my 320cic....lol.
    2008 Porsche 911 C4S, gone but not forgotten 2008 E60 ///M5, 2003 E39 ///M5, 2002 E46 330 CIC Supercharged.

My Ride
    toyota

I debadged. Dealer did it when I bought the car and they put the numbers in your owners manual.