Quantcast
Should Quebec Separate? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Should Quebec Separate?

Default Should Quebec Separate?

With all the controversy surrounding the new details in the sponsorship scandal, feelings are surfacing again about holding another referendum in Quebec to separate.
    Many people see Quebec as the reason this whole scandal happened, and Quebekers themselves are pissed off about it! They dont want to keep being the nail in the foot of Canada, and therefore want to separate.

The seperatist issue is so long and complicated, way to much history to go over here. But take into account how much you do know about it. Here is the jist of it. Quebec feels they are a distinct society, with a specific culture, language and political atmosphere. They want autonomy, they want to be completely free to govern themselves the way they see fit. Over the years Canada has made MANY MANY consessions to keep Quebec part of Canada, to pretty much keep them happy. We have given them SO many special rights that other provinces do not get to the point where they are governing themselves as a distinct society within the whole of Canada. On paper though they are no distinct, just another province.

Anyway, with the sporsorship scandal heating up the issue comes up again.
    My question is, would you CARE if Quebec seperated? DO you think it would be good or bad for the country? Would it lead to a new UNIFIED canada, or would it lead to the separating of other Provinces such as Alberta and BC. Respond below and vote in the poll.

I am sort of a nationalist. I believe we as a country should make every effort possible to stick together. We should give Quebec distinct society status, because they ARE different! Its NOT nessesarily bad for Canada. We benifet huge from their population, economy and political power (yes thats right, sometimes I think the only reason we make SANE decisions like Missile Defence is because of Quebec). I think Canada should promote this country as UNITY IN DIVERSITY. It is possible.

POLL:
    http://www.boyko.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=418

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

How do we benefit from them economically? Do you see how many $'s we pour out every year to the rest of the country, and how much of that is taken in by Quebec?
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

Quebec would not be able to financially support themselves if they were their own nation. Rage2's right, Quebec just spends the rest of Canada's money.

Let them seperate, that way we will lose those whiny french bastards living off alberta money. Then after they seperate, the maritimes will be forced to either seperate or join quebec because of the isolation from the rest of canada, and with that we will get rid of even more whiners and welfare suckers.

Alberta would have a much larger say in parliment after a speration and if we didn't like what was going on in ottawa we could seperate as well. I'm a proud supporter of the Alberta nation.

My Ride
    2002 SVT Focus

Separatists should be charged with treason and driven from Canada !!

11 F-150 Supercrew FX4 5.0

My Ride
    05 Accord LX-G

My opinion: Goodbye Quebec!

My Ride
    Cup of Tea

give em the boot from canada and dont let them back, i wish we could kick out those liberals from our government as well bunch of theifs!!!

My Ride
    Honda

I'd love to see Quebec separate.

Then emergency flight demonstrations would only be half as long

Sink Quebec
    Was the #1 Forum Warrior

My Ride
    Z

If Quebec Seperates Canada will still support them because they will be a 3rd world country

As long as nothing changes with our economy , good bye Quebec!
    2011 Mercedes C63 AMG //2009 Mercedes C350 SOLD //2008 BMW 335i SOLD //2006 Mercedes C Sold// 2002 BMW M3 SOLD// 2004 Porsche C4S SOLD// 2006 Audi S4 SOLD// 2005 Audi 1.8T SS SOLD// 2004 Subaru STi SOLD// 1994 LHD Toyota Supra SOLD//1993 LHD Mazda RX-7 SOLD // 2002 Honda S2000 SC SOLD// 2004 Range Rover SOLD//

My Ride
    the bandwagon!

the question should be should alberta separate!

My Ride

goodbye to quebec? nah... its our land.. if they dont want to be part of canada, just ship em off to an island somewhere and let them do what ever the fuck they want. what makes them special? because they're different? screw em, go be different on an island

they make me sick

Click here to check out my racing sim...

Originally posted by GQBalla
    tictactoe2004 you are scary

My Ride
    Jeep of Theseus

Considering the overwhelming amount of money (in the form of equalization/transfer payments) that Quebec recieves from the rest of Canada, whether its economy is suffering or not, I say that Quebec can go futter itself. We'll be better off without them.

Plus, from a governmental standpoint, the Liberals will lose all the support and votes from Quebec, thus giving Western Canada far better representation in the Federal Government.

Goodbye Quebec. Don't let the referendum hit you on the way out.

it all depends? are the quebecors treated as 3rd class citizens? NO! are they given full cultural recognition? YES. all human rights are served, they are treated better then the rest of canadians, why do they want 2 seperate?

and its obviously not the majority so fuck no....

My Ride
    Bicycle

It's time to seperate. I think Newfoundland want the same too so it's not a really hard sell.

They want to be independent for so long, let them. Let's see what kind of economy they'll have.

My Ride
    73 mustang GT convertable

I love Alberta to death and I would be happy to see AB & BC hookup and make a super country of our own. but thats not going to happen. Yes, Alberta is rich, and quebec and the maritimes are freakin leeches, but theres more to our great nation than money.

on the flip side, if one more frenchy complains about how hard it is to be french I am going to b*tch slap the entire province back to the stone age.

My Ride
    335i

We'd be so much worse off without Quebec. Trade would be the biggest problem that I can forsee. Consider having to travel through Quebec as a sovereign state...
    Original Post NAZI Moderated

Originally posted by r3cc0s
    Felon or Mistermeiner

My Ride
    Audi

Everyone hates the Liberals soo much... i think some of us have forgotten why most of us voted in favour of them over the conservatives.

I don't know about everyone here, but if i had to choose Chretien was wasted my tax dollars and corruption vs Mulroney and the GST, i'd choose Chretien. At least Chretien didn't take away 7% ontop of every purchase i make! Maybe the conservatives (when they're back in power) will up it to 10% just a gentle reminder of how much "better" they are then the federal Liberals.

Lesser of 2 evils

Anyway, Quebec is just ruffling feathers everytime they bring up the whole seperatist thing. They're well aware that they are better off as part of the country, but they are doing this to get more attention and more funds from the government.

I think we should give them what they want, and cut them off from the transfer payment system as a gentle reminder of why they are part of this country. If we kicked out every province that was a net gainer from the transfer system, this country would be very small.

My Ride
    400whp MR2 - An Italian and a couple of Germans

Originally posted by Weapon_R
    We'd be so much worse off without Quebec. Trade would be the biggest problem that I can forsee. Consider having to travel through Quebec as a sovereign state...

Plus imagine not having the atlantic port, the cost of so many goods would go up and we would no longer have an F1.
    Quebec is basically where Canada started, if we get rid of them we have no history and we become one step closer to being americanized.
    Looking for a new VW? How about a used vehicle? We are Central Albertas #1 source for pre-owned vehicles
    I will beat any deal on a new VW for beyonders

Gary Moe Volkswagen/Gary Moe Used Car Superstore!

Red Deer, AB

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast