Quantcast
Ok, is this a fair price?? (G2 Teg pros needed) - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Ok, is this a fair price?? (G2 Teg pros needed)

Default Ok, is this a fair price?? (G2 Teg pros needed)

I posted a little while back about the girlfriend's G2 teg with clutch issues. She took the car to NW Acura with SPECIFIC instructions to call me or her dad (she was in france) with the quote on the work for the go-ahead. They never did and she got to acura, only to be met with a $1200 bill! WTF. On the work order they quoted to have replaced the clutch and resurface the flywheel. Should that have cost $1200? I find it a bit steep, considering the car is worth 4 or 5 grand tops. Fucking dicks at dealerships taking advantage of chicks. That service dude is a shit-stain. I'm pretty sure there is some recourse since they neglected to do the mos important part of the quoting process, AN ACTUAL QUOTE WITH A PHONE CALL!

Advice? She has the car now but they have her Visa #.

I have a 93 Integra. Price for clutrch replacement:

OEM Exedy clutch = 200
    ITR Flywheel + Resurface = 140
    Install with rear main seal and new fluid = 275

Sounds on the high side, you can expect that from a dealer but not that high.

If they have done the work and you didn't authorize it (sign the work order) they cant really do anything. If the work was authorized you might be SOL.

My Ride
    350z

Ouch, thats bogus! Thats just another reson why i dont drive a honda anymore. I think people that work for the car company is reflection of the company. Im totally sad to hear that, but i think you should complain to the bbb. Going to the dealership to get a quote is crazy they always over charge, but they probably have their ass covered when they get you to sign over the car to them some how. I dont know just my thoughts

Work was never authorized. Now $275 was that including labor and tax?

Originally posted by ZorroAMG
    Work was never authorized. Now $275 was that including labor and tax?

Yes, 275 was all labor and tax. If the work was not authorized you should be able to pick the car up. They might not like it but in the eyes of the law they are not allowed to work on your car without your written consent. Sounds like you have a dealership fight on your hands.

My Ride
    VW Scirocco GT

Should know by now, with all the thread about the NW Acura dealership shouldn't have bothered taking it there, if you do a search you'll find one massive ass thread on how they suck and have screwed over so many ppl on Beyond.

NW Acura are douche bags. So if she never authorized (or her dad, or I) she technically doesn't have to pay anything?

The fuckfaces will more than likely charge it to the visa, but can she stop payment on it?

Originally posted by ZorroAMG
    NW Acura are douche bags. So if she never authorized (or her dad, or I) she technically doesn't have to pay anything?

The fuckfaces will more than likely charge it to the visa, but can she stop payment on it?

Yes, but then you are stuck with a dealer that has your car. You can prove that you never authorized the work and call the cops saying that they are unlawfully possessing your car. I'm sure a few minutes with the 5-0 outside might sway their minds.

Throw the book at them, There is no way you should have to pay that much.

Didn't you say she already has the car back? Just tell them there's no authorization for the work and they can pound sand if they like, they also can't charge the card lawfully, cause she didn't sign for that either. Lesson learned to them and lesson learned to you (at no price, but probably a lot of lengthy heated phone calls)
    Success is the ultimate revenge.

Quasar, she has the car, just the charge is my concern. They released it without paymnt as she was disputing the authorization AND the price.

Where did you get your work done?

Anyone else know where she should call for quotes, other than silverhill Acura?

My Ride
    VW Scirocco GT

I suggest you ask some Beyonders with a G2 teg who have had their clutch replaced for a copy of their reciept or quot eor something, stick it to them, do this if all else fails, cause like you said, no one told them to start the work, they didn't even call with a quote. Good luck on everything!

My Ride
    Honda

I can't stand crap like that.NW Acura just joined Silverhill on my blacklist.

I think there's only 2 dealerships left in the city that I'll even walk into.....

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

Well I think that A clutch job in a FWD is about 6-7 hours. Dealerships charge about 100$ an hour now so in reality with GST its about 650-750$ just on labour.. sucks.. The thing about dealerships is that the techs are on flat rate and in reality can do the job in 4 hours they get paid 6 ect. Oh and BTW dealerships charge WAY more for factory parts aswell. I used to work at Maclin ford for a year alittle while ago and I saw a few things there

EDIT: Calgary honda tryed to charge me 500bucks for a O2 sensor about 4 years ago on my CRX si. I went to Auto value bought a bosch sensor for 35$ and installed it myself in 15 minutes on my drive way. Paying for labour
    Last edited by Darkane; 04-11-2005 at 03:06 PM.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    350z

Sorry to jack you thread but I thought i should share my experiences. My beef with Crappy hill I go in there with 6g cash for a healthy down, thinking i would walk out with the (3 years back ) new Acura RSX type s. All the reviews were good. I thought wow my first new car bying experience is gonna be great. I would be treated to unsurpassed service by one of the renown dealers in town. Boy was I wrong. Anyways me and my close friend pass through the glass doors and start to do our thing. Scope out the rides see if there was any rsx that we could at least sit in. There in the corner was the car I wanted in black, leather, 6speed and nice factory rims.....yeah yeah i know.....We must of stood there for like 30 min. with no help in sight. My buddy gets flustered and is like " man i gotta check out the engine bay and these fuc#%@s aren't helping" so he goes and starts trying to open the drivers door. Low and behold its open( stupid us) he gets in check the fit and finish and pops the hood for me. I have never seen someone aproach us so fast, it was like ben johnson at the junior high trackmeet. The sale man says " sorry you have to get out of the car"I replied in a shocked tone "come again" He says that it was sold to a customer. My friend blerts out" where's the sold sign, we are potential customers also" The guy locks the door and leaves to his desk. i was like wtf. We bust out of there and peeled out rocks on to there front windows. I will never ever drive a honda product again. Like i said before people who work for a dealer is a reflection of the company.

My Ride
    335i

That's absolutely ridiculous! $1200 for a clutch job? I know that she probably isn't the type to rip it up herself, but seriously, ANY shop in Calgary would have done it for $450-500 TOPS.

Resurfacing the flywheel costs about $30 at any parts store (autovalue, kingsway etc).

Ask them to take out the clutch and keep their parts. If they refuse, tell them you are calling your visa company to stop payment, and call the BBB. They do take this seriously because I did it (search my Silverhill Acura saga) and the guy pretty much gave me his left nutsack to stop the BBB complaint (mainly because they had a clean record up til then).
    Original Post NAZI Moderated

Originally posted by r3cc0s
    Felon or Mistermeiner

$1200 is pretty steep man. labour for my clutch was $200 and resurfacing the flywhell was $65 and oem clutch assembly was only $125.

My Ride
    89 Shelby daytona

labour on clutch 200$ as well, flywheel = 50$...new clutch was 200$

bill came out to about 500$

1200$ is fricken crazy!!

1200 is what you will get charged by most stealerships. It's like 6 Hour job x 100 = 600. And they will easily ring up 600 in factory, dealer parts. So the price is (shudder) right on for a dealership.

I got a quote for 1300 for my Eclipse @ Westside Mitsubishi. (totally insane). I had it changed for 600 at a real mechanic's shop.

AND the worst is, sometimes they'll just jump to a clutch change when in reality it might be something simple like master/slave cylinder leaks. Ouch.

My Ride
    06 PWP TSX

now I am scared to take my car in for service at nw acura, everyone is saying how much they suck and stuff. I cant seem to find anyone on here that had a good experience with that dealership, but I guess the sales guy that I dealt with was pretty nice...

She's got the service fag down to $700 and she still wont take it, and it's gone to the service manager to see how much lower it can go. I figure if she gets him down to 4 or $500 she should pay and never go back...thats a non stealership price for the work.

She's done well with negotiating so far.

Thoughts?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast